Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 10-06-2011, 08:13 PM   #1
foreverjuly
Crank Up The Awesome!
foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Nook, iPhone
Do You Ever Get the Kindle Daily Deal?

Apparently each day Amazon puts a title on sale for ridiculously cheap. The other day they had Brent Weeks's The Way of Shadows for 75% off. Then there are just random sales like putting the entire Hunger Games Trilogy out for a little over $4.

Do you ever go for any of these one-day sales?

The Kindle Daily Deal page can be found here: http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.htm...cId=1000677541

Last edited by foreverjuly; 10-10-2011 at 04:30 PM.
foreverjuly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 08:44 PM   #2
RDaneel54
Aging Positronic Brain
RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Oasis; iPhone, iPad Mini
I check daily, but buy infrequently. The last one I got was the Bonhoeffer biography.
RDaneel54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 09:37 PM   #3
melmac
Wizard
melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS650, Sony T3
I've found a lot of them are geo locked so I only have one so far
melmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 09:45 PM   #4
RainingLemur
Spork Connoisseur
RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Color
I check them daily, but I think I've only gotten one or two.
RainingLemur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 09:58 PM   #5
foreverjuly
Crank Up The Awesome!
foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Looks like Amazon just started another big cheap books promotion.

Link: http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.htm...cId=1000706171

Last edited by foreverjuly; 10-10-2011 at 04:31 PM.
Old 10-06-2011, 10:03 PM   #6
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Same here one or two I've gotten. I find there are usually much better deals out there on my genre then the daily deal.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 11:04 PM   #7
pidgeon92
Wizard
pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, Kindle Voyage, Kindle DXG, Boox M90, Kobo Aura HD
I believe I have purchased 4-5 of these.
pidgeon92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 01:19 AM   #8
The Hooded Claw
Connoisseur
The Hooded Claw got an A in P-Chem.The Hooded Claw got an A in P-Chem.The Hooded Claw got an A in P-Chem.The Hooded Claw got an A in P-Chem.The Hooded Claw got an A in P-Chem.The Hooded Claw got an A in P-Chem.The Hooded Claw got an A in P-Chem.The Hooded Claw got an A in P-Chem.The Hooded Claw got an A in P-Chem.The Hooded Claw got an A in P-Chem.The Hooded Claw got an A in P-Chem.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Android phone with Kindle app, Kindle 4 in reserve
I've bought at least two of the "Deals of the Day", but I usually do not buy them.

I've bought an unhealthy number of their books from their mass sales of books at .99 to $2.99, I believe I bought two in the current one hundred, and a bought quite a few from the two times they've done it with large numbers of books. I'll never get all these books read!
The Hooded Claw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 08:04 AM   #9
foreverjuly
Crank Up The Awesome!

Looks like everybody is pretty much in agreement!
Old 10-07-2011, 08:46 AM   #10
copyrite
Wizard
copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ...lots! ;) mostly reading on a Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hooded Claw View Post
I've bought at least two of the "Deals of the Day", but I usually do not buy them.

I've bought an unhealthy number of their books from their mass sales of books at .99 to $2.99, I believe I bought two in the current one hundred, and a bought quite a few from the two times they've done it with large numbers of books. I'll never get all these books read!
I think I have the same addiction as you, but some of these daily deals are such steals I can't pass them up either.

If hubby ever says anything I'll just point to the *piles* of Matchbox cars that are in the basement, still in cardboard! (We have a ginormous train garden 'town' as they call it down there.)
copyrite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 08:52 AM   #11
johnnyb
Cloud Reader
johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Kindle Scribe, iPad Pro 11
[QUOTE=foreverjuly;1775954]Looks like Amazon just started another big cheap books promotion.

Link: <<Affiliate link removed>>

This is nice, I got a Vonnegut novel, an essay from George Lakoff and a book about the movie Psycho...
The Daily Deal I think never had anything that interested me, although I got that 9/11 novel (but never read it) just because...

Last edited by pilotbob; 10-10-2011 at 12:12 PM.
johnnyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 09:17 AM   #12
PG4003
Addict
PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW I & II, Kindle Voyage, Fire HD 7", Fire HD 8.9"
I've bought a few of these Daily Deals. I find it's a hit-or-miss type thing, a lot of them I have no interest in. I did buy the Karen McQuestion book.
PG4003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 09:38 AM   #13
krm0789
Enthusiast
krm0789 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krm0789 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krm0789 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krm0789 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krm0789 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krm0789 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krm0789 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krm0789 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krm0789 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krm0789 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krm0789 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle3
The only one I bought was $0.99 & horrible. I tried to truck through it to get my dollar's worth, but couldn't do it. I'm overcautious about the books I buy now, as I don't want to repeat that even if it was only a buck
krm0789 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 09:45 AM   #14
HomeInMyShoes
Grand Sorcerer
HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
I haven't bought a daily deal book yet. I bought three from the last big cheap sale and two of the three were pretty good and the third was passable. I tend to overanalyze everything I buy so I'm at least very interested in anything I might purchase.
HomeInMyShoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 02:07 PM   #15
foreverjuly
Crank Up The Awesome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeInMyShoes View Post
I haven't bought a daily deal book yet. I bought three from the last big cheap sale and two of the three were pretty good and the third was passable. I tend to overanalyze everything I buy so I'm at least very interested in anything I might purchase.
Yeah, I think it's just like anything else where you have to evaluate the books individually to make sure they're right for you.