Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 12-07-2009, 08:36 AM   #1
jckatz
Connoisseur
jckatz doesn't litterjckatz doesn't litterjckatz doesn't litter

Device: SONY PSR-500
PRS-500 firmware update (auto off gone)

I have read other postings and no one has complained so I am guessing mine has a bug. My 500 after the update doesn't shut off after 30 minutes of inactivity. Since Sony Claims the unit only uses power to flip pages this shouldn't be a problem, but I am use to allowing the auto off to shut it down and find my batteries drained after a night left on.

Are all firmware updates like this or should I contact Sony to have it repaired again.

Thanks
jckatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 09:27 AM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Did you check in the options to see if sleep mode is on or not? On the 505, sleep mode is 60 minutes. And given the new firmware, I'd guess it's the same 60 minutes.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-07-2009, 06:11 PM   #3
BobVA
Addict
BobVA once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.BobVA once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.BobVA once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.BobVA once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.BobVA once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.BobVA once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.BobVA once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.BobVA once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.BobVA once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.BobVA once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.BobVA once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Kobo Clara, Sony PRS950, T1, T2, T3
Further to JS Wolf, with the new firmware it's now a switchable option (like on the 505). Go to the Settings menu and switch "Sleep Mode" on (default is off) and that should fix it.

Cheers,
Bob
BobVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 07:08 PM   #4
rwsimon
Connoisseur
rwsimon has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.rwsimon has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.rwsimon has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: 2 Sony PRS-500s, iPad
I have 2 PRS-500s that have both been updated by Sony. One thing I am noticing is that both of them have less battery life than before. Is anybody else with the upgrade seeing this?
rwsimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 02:39 PM   #5
taildragger-j3
Writer AND Reader
taildragger-j3 began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505
My battery life is pretty short, but I was suspicious of the battery before I sent it off. I've ordered a new battery and plan on replacing it in a day or two when it arrives. I'll let you know what kind of battery life I get with a new batt.
taildragger-j3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
auto off, battery, firmware, power