Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 02-06-2009, 03:24 PM   #16
AbFabGab
Gadget-Luster
AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Samsung Galaxy Tab S2
I joined the DC library online today (find it on ebook lending library list).
It was free and I got immediate access after getting ID via email.
AbFabGab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 04:12 PM   #17
tcjuice
tcjuice began at the beginning.

Device: sony prs-505
Thanks, AbFabGab I will definitely check that out!
tcjuice is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-06-2009, 04:28 PM   #18
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcjuice View Post
I was thinking about taking a three hour road trip to Cleveland to get a library card, so that I could get use their ebrary. My husband thinks that is too much.
No it's not! At least for addicts like us.

The Fairfax Library lends out eBooks in ADE format and that works fine on the Sony.
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 05:11 PM   #19
slayda
Retired & reading more!
slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1, iPad Air 2, iPhone 6S+, Kobo Aura One
Quote:
I was thinking about taking a three hour road trip to Cleveland to get a library card, so that I could get use their ebrary. My husband thinks that is too much.
Tell him (from a husband) that the trip would be worthwhile. There are some other libraries available. Unfortunately they, AFAIK, don't have the Sony format.

Oh & welcome.
slayda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 06:17 PM   #20
tcjuice

He has agreed to the road trip to stop my badgering him!! LOL...I can't wait to get that library card!!
Advert
Old 02-06-2009, 06:23 PM   #21
Elsi
Wizard
Elsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kindle; Sony PRS 505; Blackberry 8700C
Hello tcjuice and welcome to MobileRead. You have some super sons if they'd save up enough to buy the Sony Reader for you. My hubby gave me the lighted cover for Christmas and it makes it very easy to read in the car at night.

I haven't tried to get any electronic books from my library because I just have too many books to read. If you like romances, be sure to take advantage of the Harlequin give-away. I've downloaded a couple of their free books and will be getting the rest of them this weekend. Although I don't read romances very often, I like the idea of having a variety of books around when I want to loan my Kindle to someone.
Elsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 07:09 PM   #22
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:

Go here. There is a whole list of libraries that belong to the network. If you have any one of them, call!
You can also check out which books are available to you......

http://www.clevnet.org/

Last edited by desertgrandma; 02-06-2009 at 07:10 PM. Reason: forgot linky.......
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 10:07 PM   #23
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
He has agreed to the road trip to stop my badgering him!! LOL...I can't wait to get that library card!!
Cool.. and the road trip will give you plenty of time to read.

But, don't you need proof of address to get a library card?

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 02:08 AM   #24
tcjuice

I called the library and they said I can get the card because I am an Ohio resident. I just have to actually go to one of the libraries in Cleveland to fill out the application.
three hours is not that bad for what I am getting in return. Plus, like pilotbob says I will, "....have plenty of time to read."