Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 08-03-2013, 02:56 PM   #22831
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition
My sister and father just came by to hang some of her clothes in our friends' garden to see if the stink of the fire airs out. With some clothes I mean the whole small garden is now full with clothing racks.

I was airing out the house after yesterday's incredible by having the door to the garden and the windows upstairs open. I had to close all of those because of the wind direction. Hopefully the clothes will air out enough during the night so I can open up everything tomorrow again. I'm also hoping that my sister is true to her word and will come take the them away tomorrow evening and doesn't bring another load with her.
Rumpelteazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 06:02 PM   #22832
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Parkinson View Post
Is the cat included in the asking price or do they want extra for it?
presumably as the house is essentially a "tear down", ie "the value is in the land"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchawl View Post
KK... did you have to remove the dead cat yourself? I don't imagine the house smell too purty.... or should I say it DID smell too puddy?

Stitchawl

Stitchawl
it's not my listing and not my responsibility. my client damn near fell into it. the house REEKED of animal and human urine as well as decaying cat and almost certainly other things underneath

Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
Some thoughs on this:

* Did the previous owner die unexpectedly?

* Many realtors suggest doing things like placing a vase of freshly cut flowers on the kitchen table. Are the current owners named Addams, by any chance?
the previous owner died in the home and apparently wasn't found... for awhile...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchawl View Post
One of the nice things about living in Thailand is that I can buy 10% Lidocaine pump spray over the counter. With my life-style, I'm frequently getting scratched up! A little squirt'll do ya!

Stitchawl
I wish I'd had that when I was teaching myself to surf in Hawaii and tore the TOPS of my feet up on coral
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-04-2013, 09:07 PM   #22833
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by kindlekitten View Post
I wish I'd had that when I was teaching myself to surf in Hawaii and tore the TOPS of my feet up on coral
There are a couple of very rare diseases that can be caught from coral cuts. I had one of them and it stumped a hospital full of doctors for six months. Test after test and they couldn't find it. Finally, I saw a doctor who was trained by the U.S. Navy, who treated a lot of Navy divers, and he was the one who figured out what it was and cured me in just a few weeks. Coral cuts are nasty!

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 10:13 AM   #22834
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Last week my earphones died after four years, so I ordered new ones which I can pick up tomorrow. Just now I discover that the earphone jack on my mp3 player is also dying.

A quick look at what's available shows that there aren't any mp3 players that meet all my demands. So I can either get another Sandisk Sansa Clip Zip. However, the latest firmware hasn't solved the static burst problem after playing some songs (mostly those I've converted a while ago). Or I can get an iPod Nano, which is a lot more expensive (but is 16gb) and I'll be forced to use iTunes but meets most of my demands. I only need to find a case which makes it possible to hang the player on a lanyard around my neck.
Old 08-05-2013, 12:14 PM   #22835
Freeshadow
temp. out of service
Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB 623
I'd suggest that you look at the alternative firmware http://www.rockbox.org/
Freeshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-05-2013, 11:23 PM   #22836
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freeshadow View Post
I'd suggest that you look at the alternative firmware http://www.rockbox.org/
Interesting! I'm usually not one to mess around with jailbreaks and alternative firmware but this looks promising, if not a bit complicated.

My rant this night/morning:
Since Friday (when it was 35C/95F) I've had an itchy rash in my neck, which has now spread to my chest. During the day it's bearable but since last night I wake up in the middle of the night because of the itching. It's probably because of the warm weather, I've had this before but not as bad. The stuff I normally use in these types of situation only helps a little and not at all during the night and telling myself not to scratch doesn't work when you do it in your sleep.

In two and a half hours, at 8am, I can call the doctor's office to make an appointment, hopefully they can fit me in today and I can get some cortisone salve (another thing that seems to be available over the counter in many countries but not in the Netherlands) or something.

Last edited by Rumpelteazer; 08-05-2013 at 11:25 PM.
Old 08-06-2013, 07:05 AM   #22837
Freeshadow
temp. out of service
Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB 623
They had better than original firmwares for some of the supported players already 7 years ago.
Have some more trust for free software devs.
Freeshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 08:57 AM   #22838
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freeshadow View Post
They had better than original firmwares for some of the supported players already 7 years ago.
Have some more trust for free software devs.
I'm always afraid I mess up, but since the headphone jack is dying I can risk it.

I've decided that I'm going to get an iPod Nano (my first Apple product), it's going to be my birthday gift for myself . Usually the new Apple line-up is presented early September so I'm hoping my Sansa won't die before that time. If there is going to be a new Nano I want to see if it's worth waiting for and if it isn't worth waiting for I'm hoping the current generation will be reduced in price.
Old 08-06-2013, 11:25 AM   #22839
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer

The rash on my chest and neck is probably due to sun allergy, although the doctor didn't look too sure. I got a salve I have to put on before I go to bed, he'll call me tomorrow morning to ask if it helps. If it doesn't help I get something else.

Silver lining:
I've now got an excuse not to sunbathe as my parents often urge me to do to get "a bit of colour" (they're of the generation who thinks sunscreen is just for kids and a healthy colour is as close to mahogany as possible).

Last edited by Rumpelteazer; 08-06-2013 at 11:31 AM.
Old 08-06-2013, 01:44 PM   #22840
Angst
Cannon Fodder
Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-350, Kindle DX, Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumpelteazer View Post
The rash on my chest and neck is probably due to sun allergy, although the doctor didn't look too sure. I got a salve I have to put on before I go to bed, he'll call me tomorrow morning to ask if it helps. If it doesn't help I get something else.
[snip]
my rant:
How come we don't get service like this from doctors in the US.
Angst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 01:59 PM   #22841
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angst View Post
my rant:
How come we don't get service like this from doctors in the US.
I'm not sure this service extends to all Dutch SP practices, at least not my grandmother's. We just have a good GP practice with nice doctors, officially one of them is assigned to you but if you need a visit and he/she isn't available that day you can always go to one of the others.

When watching US ER/A&E/hospital real life shows I'm always amazed at how a lot of people go to the hospital we usually go to the GP for. In fact, our goverment recently considered giving people a fine if they went to the ER/A&E for things that should be handled by the GP.

Last edited by Rumpelteazer; 08-06-2013 at 02:02 PM.
Old 08-06-2013, 08:21 PM   #22842
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
My Doctor calls to check on me and Lucas. It depends on who your Doctor is.
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 02:53 AM   #22843
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer

The salve I got yesterday worked a little bit. I did wake up itching, although it wasn't as bad as the previous two nights (but I still woke up) and after a while I managed to fall asleep again. The salve I got isn't really medicine, it's very greasy and prevents the skin from drying out.

Hopefully I get prescribed "real" medicine today, so that I won't wake up. Until then I'm going to the drug store and see what over the counter creams/salves/lotions they've got for sun allergy and a bottle of SPF50 sun lotion.
Old 08-07-2013, 07:42 PM   #22844
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
If a supersonic ultrasonic scream shattered your windows tonight ... it was me! I saw what appeared to be some black thread tangled into a knot lying on the carpet - I'm always finding bits & pieces of cat toys ripped off - so I picked it up to throw away before Stella swallowed it - and watched in horror as legs slowly extended from the "knot" - it was a black spider that had been worked over by Stella cat - and I picked it up! And had to resist the impulse to hurl it away! It was like a horror movie as I watched those legs straighten out!

I slowly walked to the sink without jostling the awakening arachnid and dropped it into the disposal! Then I sank to the floor clutching my chest, sweating up a puddle!

The horror! The horror!

[Off to self-medicate with some single malt!]
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 01:10 AM   #22845
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Oh, for the video!
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
creepy crawlers!, dell computers, monteverdi, thread that never ends, tubery, unutterable silliness