Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 11-04-2011, 11:23 AM   #16
covfam
Addict
covfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ipod Touch,Ipad3,Kindle fire, Samsung Galaxy tab, Samsung Galaxy S3
My wife is in the market for a 10 inch android tablet and both the Asus transformer and the Asus slider are very strong contenders both for the full usb and the keyboards as well as the remote access software both have (that looks great to me) i saw on mobile tech reviews lisa gade playing one of her full pc games on steam with the remot access software on the transformer if that works as well as it looks i may end up ditching my underpowered laptop and my ipad2!

Online it looks like they have almost the same exact spec's so have any of you transformer owners tride the slider and how do the two compare in real world use?
covfam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 12:54 PM   #17
nrapallo
GuteBook/Mobi2IMP Creator
nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: REB1200 EBW1150 Device: T1 NSTG iLiad_v2 NC Device: Asus_TF Next1 WPDN
I seem to remember when I decided to go with the ASUS Transformer, the ASUS Slider was also mentioned that it would be coming to market soon as well.

As I recall, the Transformer was not as heavy when coupled with the keyboard dock and most certainly was lighter when just a tablet.

Since I use it as a "tablet only" 99% of the time, the Transformer had more appeal to me!

Other than that, I don't know much about the Slider...
nrapallo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-04-2011, 07:32 PM   #18
MmavisO
Seeker
MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Asus TF, PB 360, Jetbook Lite
Quote:
Originally Posted by covfam View Post
My wife is in the market for a 10 inch android tablet and both the Asus transformer and the Asus slider are very strong contenders both for the full usb and the keyboards as well as the remote access software both have (that looks great to me) i saw on mobile tech reviews lisa gade playing one of her full pc games on steam with the remot access software on the transformer if that works as well as it looks i may end up ditching my underpowered laptop and my ipad2!

Online it looks like they have almost the same exact spec's so have any of you transformer owners tride the slider and how do the two compare in real world use?
Try asking here: http://www.transformerforums.com/forum/forum.php I think they're starting a seperate forum for Prime and Slider, and with all the people that hang out here, I know you'll get several different answers.
MmavisO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 03:13 PM   #19
SkyDream
Wizard
SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.

Device: PRS-650, iPod touch 4G, iPad 3
Still waiting for the Primer...
SkyDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 11:40 AM   #20
robertc88
Fanatic
robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Easily attainable from BB and probably Amazon. Is the fever over with? All reviews have been good and since there were software updates, I'm sure lots of folks are quite happy with it.

Hoping folks are reading reported problems with the Prime before deciding to take that plunge.

Last edited by robertc88; 01-14-2012 at 12:12 PM.
robertc88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-16-2012, 03:36 PM   #21
Madmick
Madmick began at the beginning.

Device: Asus Eee Pad Transformer, Droid X
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovejedd View Post
*sigh* It's more expensive now than it was during release. I remember seeing it for $350 on Amazon when it was first released. Now it's selling for retail price. >.<
I noticed that Amazon now sells the 16GB version for $400 and the dock for $150 new.

I scored mine on Black Friday at Best Buy: $250 for the tablet + $100 for the dock. My parents had enough points at Staples through their business I was able to get two Class 10 32GB SD cards for $20. So for $370, I'm rocking an 80GB Android tablet with 2xUSB standard, a keyboard, 16hrs battery life, double the RAM (of the iPad 2), 1200x800 resolution, a superior camera, and HDMI capability.

It would have cost me like $900+ to get a 64GB iPad 2 with all the adapters and it still wouldn't match up. I do not regret my decision. I also owned a Xoom, but it was stolen. I prefer the Transformer.

Despite the heavier retail from demand the best used prices I've seen for the 10" class of Android tablets in the past couple of weeks I've seen for Transformers. I still see used units in "Like New" condition pop up for $300 now and then. I'm keeping my eyes peeled for a friend. Since he tried mine, he "need(s) to have one...Madmick, I NEED it." And I can't sell him on the Kindle Fire. I can't push him off the lack of SD expandibility in the Fire (he realizes they're just trying to incur subscription fees for the Cloud) and the HDMI-capability (since he loves watching movies I download on his huge screen at his place through my tablet).

I heard a rumor on another board that Best Buy was planning on dropping the retail to $300 for these and $109 for the docks sometime here in the first quarter of 2012. Has anyone else heard this rumor? Or did this get scrapped when it was learned that the Transformer Prime's GPS are nonfunctional?

I'm hoping there's a big drop in the used market for this class when the iPad 3 hits (hopefully in March). The specs on the iPad 3 are scary. With the retinal display I'm seeing reports that the display resolution will be 2048x1536! The lens/glass quality in the iPads is already easily the best (although I think the advent of Gorilla Glass is closing this gap).
Add in LTE support and a quad-core A6 and I wouldn't be surprised if the 128GB version they release retails at $1000.

Last edited by Madmick; 01-16-2012 at 03:49 PM.
Madmick is offline   Reply With Quote