Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 07-11-2011, 04:56 AM   #1
carpetmojo
Wizard
carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony- T3, PRS650, 350, T1/2/3, Paperwhite, Fire 8.9,Samsung Tab S 10.5
Question Slow load ?

I've just loaded a trilogy (2.2 wotevers) onto my PRS650, took about an hour, which surprised me. This was longer than Gormanghast (3.17 wotevers) took .

Usually it's about 5-10 mins for .5 - is this OK or might there be a minor problem to correct ?

All books are on device perfectly fine.
carpetmojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 11:00 AM   #2
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
Not sure what units you are taking about here, but it does seem excessive.

I have just loaded several hundred books totalling about 50MB in size onto my PRS-950 in a few minutes.
itimpi is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-11-2011, 11:04 AM   #3
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by carpetmojo View Post
I've just loaded a trilogy (2.2 wotevers) onto my PRS650, took about an hour, which surprised me. This was longer than Gormanghast (3.17 wotevers) took .

Usually it's about 5-10 mins for .5 - is this OK or might there be a minor problem to correct ?

All books are on device perfectly fine.
Se what you Antivirus is doing (CPU cycles wise using the task manager) while this is happening

My device must be run in USB 1.x mode (incompatible with Intel USB) and I still transfer many many books in 10 minutes
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote