Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Other formats

Notices

Old 03-20-2011, 08:27 PM   #1
judahis
Enthusiast
judahis is on a distinguished road

BATCH WORD TO RTF

Can anyone suggest a reasonably priced (or even free) program for batch co0conversion of Word files to .rtf? I need this to read Word documents on my Jetbook lite. I found one nice program that was around $400. Cannot afford that.
judahis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 11:34 AM   #2
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by judahis View Post
Can anyone suggest a reasonably priced (or even free) program for batch co0conversion of Word files to .rtf? I need this to read Word documents on my Jetbook lite. I found one nice program that was around $400. Cannot afford that.
I would suggest open office which can be run in batch mode and do the conversion. However, I would think that ePUB would be a better choice for output. There is a macro for that with its own forum here on mobileread, writer2epub I think. The author is helpful.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-21-2011, 02:40 PM   #3
slex
Addict
slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4 NT, Onyx Boox M92
You can do it with Abiword. This is the command in Linux, which converts all supported files in the directory to RTF:

for i in * ; do abiword --to=rtf $i ; done

Abiword is available also for Windows, but I don't know how the command will look like there.
slex is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
jetbook lite, rtf, word documents