Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 01-07-2010, 09:45 AM   #1
Starson17
Wizard
Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: WinMo: IPAQ; Android: HTC HD2, Archos 7o; Java:Gravity T
Mobile Content Server - search for or display series_index data?

The content server nicely displays the series name and series_index. However, I have to run the mobile version of the content server (for new phone that won't run ajax - as needed for the non-mobile version of the content server), and there doesn't seem to be a display in the mobile server for either series or series_index.

Often, I want to get the next book in the series. Currently, I search for the series I'm reading using:
"series:name_of_series_I'm_reading".

This works, but I still can't see the series_index, and I can't figure out how to do a search like:
"series_index:2"
to find the second book in the series.

Is there any way to get the series_index field from the mobile server, either by display or by search? I realize I can order the results by "series" and that comes close to what I need, but sometimes I only have the first and third in a series and I need to know that so I can buy the second.

Thanks for any tips.
Starson17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 01:15 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
No, I'm afraid there isn't
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-07-2010, 02:29 PM   #3
Starson17
Wizard
Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
No, I'm afraid there isn't
Thanks for the reply. I can always put the series into the title, or work on the code myself.
Old 01-07-2010, 02:41 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
I'll gladly accept a patch if you can come up with one. The relevant code is in library/server.py
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 04:34 PM   #5
Starson17
Wizard

Quote:
I'll gladly accept a patch if you can come up with one. The relevant code is in library/server.py
Thanks for the pointer to the code area. That was surprisingly easy! A change to line 93 to add ${r[9] if r[9] else ''}-${r[10] if r[10] else ''} and it's working. Or at least well enough to make the wife happy. Perhaps I'll send you a patch after I've become a bit more comfortable in Python.
Advert
Old 01-08-2010, 04:12 PM   #6
Starson17
Wizard

Quote:
My first proposed patch -Ticket #4488. Improved the code and added useragent identification for the HTC HD2 phone.