Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 11-30-2012, 04:59 PM   #5701
James_Wilde
Guru
James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Iriver Story
The 50-50-90 rule: Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.
James_Wilde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 06:04 PM   #5702
guanaco
Recovering reader
guanaco ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.guanaco ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.guanaco ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.guanaco ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.guanaco ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.guanaco ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.guanaco ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.guanaco ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.guanaco ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.guanaco ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.guanaco ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
In the Shaolin monastery:

Monk: Master?
Master: Tell me grasshopper.
Monk: Why a man who has intercourse with several women is called a champion, while a woman who has intercourse with several men is called a prostitute?
Master: My dear grasshopper. A key which opens several locks is a master key. A lock which is open by several keys is useless.
guanaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 09:42 PM   #5703
Fbone
Is that a sandwich?
Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Glowlight Plus
A guy sticks his head into a barber shop and asks, "How long before I can get a haircut?" The barber looks around the shop and says, "About 2 hours."
The guy leaves.

A few days later the same guy sticks his head in the door and asks, "How long before I can get a haircut?" The barber looks around at the shop full of customers and says, "About 3 hours." The guy leaves.

A week later the same guy sticks his head in the shop and asks, "How long before I can get a haircut?" The barber looks around the shop and says, "About an hour and a half." The guy leaves.

The barber who is intrigued by this time, looks over at a friend in the shop and says, "Hey, Bill. Follow that guy and see where he goes."

A little while later, Bill comes back into the shop, laughing hysterically.

The barber asks, "Bill, where did he go when he left here?"

Bill looks up, tears in his eyes and says, "Your house!"
Fbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 04:48 AM   #5704
Nexutix
Reading and reading
Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Infibeam Pi, iPod Touch 4G, iPad Air 2, iPad mini 2, Oneplus One
One more I found:

After 30 years of marriage a husband and wife came for counseling. When asked what the problem was, the wife went into a tirade listing every problem they had ever had in the years they had been married. On and on she went: Neglect, lack of intimacy, emptiness, loneliness, feeling unloved and unlovable, and entire laundry list of unmet needs she had endured.
Finally, after allowing this for a sufficient length of time, the therapist got up, walked around the desk and after asking the wife to stand, he embraced and kissed her long and passionately as her husband watched - with a raised eyebrow.
The woman shut up and quietly sat down as though in a daze.
The therapist turned to the husband and said, "This is what your wife needs at least 3 times a week. Can you do this?
"Well, I can drop her off here on Mondays and Wednesdays, but on Fridays, I fish."
Nexutix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 03:31 PM   #5705
Fbone
Is that a sandwich?
Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

At a psychiatric hospital three patients are up for release. The Doctor decides to give them an intelligence test. He turns to the first man and asks, "What is three times three?"

"274," he replies.

The Doctor asks the second man, "What is three times three?"

"Tuesday," replies the second man.

The Doctor turns to the third man, "Okay, your turn. What's three times three?"

"Nine," says the third man proudly.

"That's great!" says the doctor. "How did you arrive at that?"

"Simple," says the third man. "I subtracted 274 from Tuesday."
Old 12-01-2012, 03:50 PM   #5706
Quexos
Member Retired
Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fbone View Post
A guy sticks his head into a barber shop and asks, "How long before I can get a haircut?" The barber looks around the shop and says, "About 2 hours."
The guy leaves.

A few days later the same guy sticks his head in the door and asks, "How long before I can get a haircut?" The barber looks around at the shop full of customers and says, "About 3 hours." The guy leaves.

A week later the same guy sticks his head in the shop and asks, "How long before I can get a haircut?" The barber looks around the shop and says, "About an hour and a half." The guy leaves.

The barber who is intrigued by this time, looks over at a friend in the shop and says, "Hey, Bill. Follow that guy and see where he goes."

A little while later, Bill comes back into the shop, laughing hysterically.

The barber asks, "Bill, where did he go when he left here?"

Bill looks up, tears in his eyes and says, "Your house!"
Quexos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 05:00 PM   #5707
James_Wilde
Guru
James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Iriver Story
The shin bone is a device for finding furniture in a dark room.
James_Wilde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 07:29 PM   #5708
Iznogood
Guru
Iznogood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iznogood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iznogood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iznogood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iznogood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iznogood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iznogood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iznogood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iznogood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iznogood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iznogood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ipad, kindle paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by James_Wilde View Post
The shin bone is a device for finding furniture in a dark room.
I prefer to use my toes for this
Iznogood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 02:20 AM   #5709
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iznogood View Post
I prefer to use my toes for this
Not so much a preference, but I seem to use my toes in the dark to discover where the cat puked...

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 02:29 AM   #5710
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 04:27 AM   #5711
amward
Wizard
amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Eco Eclipse, Sony PRS 350 (pink), Ipod Touch, Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchawl View Post
Not so much a preference, but I seem to use my toes in the dark to discover where the cat puked...

Stitchawl
That happens here too!
amward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 09:26 AM   #5712
Hamlet53
Nameless Being

Old 12-02-2012, 09:53 AM   #5713
Kumabjorn
Basculocolpic
Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi, Kindle 4SO, Kindle for Android, Sony PRS-350 and PRS-T1
:thumbup:
Kumabjorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 03:13 PM   #5714
Fbone
Is that a sandwich?

A 6-year-old and a 4-year-old are upstairs in their bedroom. "You know what?" says the 6-year-old. "I think it's about time we start cussing." The 4-year-old nods his head in approval. The 6-year-old continues. "When we go downstairs for breakfast I'm going to say hell and you say ass."

"OK!" The 4 year old agrees with enthusiasm.

Their mother walks into the kitchen and asks the 6-year-old what he wants for breakfast. "Aw hell, Mom, I guess I'll have some Cheerios."

WHACK! He flies out of his chair, tumbles across the kitchen floor, gets up, and runs upstairs crying his eyes out, with his mother in hot pursuit, slapping his rear every step. The mom locks him in his room and shouts "You can just stay there till I let you out!"

She then comes back downstairs, looks at the 4-year-old, and asks with a stern voice, "And what do YOU want for breakfast young man?

"I don't know," he blubbers, "But you can bet your ass it won't be Cheerios!"
Old 12-02-2012, 05:27 PM   #5715
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
The Hierarchy of Power Semantics
(A story of software development)

In the beginning was the Plan and the Specification.
And the Plan was without form and the Specification it was void.
And darkness was on the face of the implementation team.
And they spake unto their leader, saying,
"It is a crock of s**t and it stinks to high heaven."

And it was the leader and it was the project head.
Now the leader spake unto the project head, saying,
"It is a crock of faeces and intolerably malodorous."

And it was the project head and it was the department manager.
Now the project head spake unto his department manager, saying,
"It is a container of excrement and its effluvium is very strong."

And it was the department manager and it was the product manager.
Now the department manager spake unto his product manager, saying,
"It is a vessel of fertilizer of overpowering strength."

And it was the product manager and it was the marketing manager.
Now the product manager spake unto his marketing manager, saying,
"It containeth that which aideth the growth of plants and strong it is."

And it was the marketing manager and it was the area manager.
Now the marketing manager spake unto his area manager, saying,
"It promoteth growth and it is very powerful."

And it was the area manager and it was the general manager.
Now the area manager spake unto his general manager, saying,
"This powerful new product will promote the growth of the company."

And the general manager looked on the product and saw that it was good.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote