Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > ePub

Notices

Old 07-22-2014, 08:57 PM   #1
look4read
look4read began at the beginning.

Device: samsung tab 4
Can I read e-pub while not on line?

I am a new user of e books: When I tray to read an e-book in e-Pub format when I have no Access to the Internet I got a message "Not on line retry later" so, is it absolutly necesary to be on line to read an e-book?. I have a Samsung tab 4, android newest versión. Some times I need to read an e-book in places where I do not have Access to Internet, no WiFi.
look4read is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 09:02 PM   #2
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Not sure why this is posted in the feedback section, but anyway...

Most reading apps don't require you to be online in order to read an ebook that is already on your device. ePub apps I've personally read on with my device in airplane mode include Moon+ Pro & Mantano. In fact I can't think of any off hand that require you be connected to the internet, although it wouldn't surprise me to find one. What reading app were you using on your Tab 4?
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-22-2014, 09:26 PM   #3
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
This post does not belong here.

Please take the time to become familiar with our site before posting.

Your post has now been moved to the epub forum.

Don
(Moderator)
Dr. Drib is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 06:49 AM   #4
mrmikel
Color me gone
mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-300
You have to download the book to your machine, typically then add it to the library or bookshelf of your reading application. Then you can select from your bookshelf.

You'll need to download one, try one from the mobileread library, since they are free and find it in tab4's file system. Downloads is a possibility. On my machine, the storage is represented by SDcard, I don't know why.
mrmikel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 10:55 AM   #5
Hampshire Nanny
Guru
Hampshire Nanny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hampshire Nanny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hampshire Nanny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hampshire Nanny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hampshire Nanny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hampshire Nanny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hampshire Nanny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hampshire Nanny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hampshire Nanny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hampshire Nanny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hampshire Nanny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, Kindle 3 KB, iPad2
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
Most reading apps don't require you to be online in order to read an ebook that is already on your device. ePub apps I've personally read on with my device in airplane mode include Moon+ Pro & Mantano. In fact I can't think of any off hand that require you be connected to the internet, although it wouldn't surprise me to find one. What reading app were you using on your Tab 4?
I suspect that the original poster may be reading the ePub in the browser -- not necessarily intentionally, but because of some default file association.
Hampshire Nanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-23-2014, 11:45 AM   #6
mrmikel
Color me gone
mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-300
Overdrive has an option to do that. It also has an option to download, but it can be tricky, since the reader app has to be able to handle the DRM, authorized, etc, etc.
mrmikel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 12:19 PM   #7
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hampshire Nanny View Post
I suspect that the original poster may be reading the ePub in the browser -- not necessarily intentionally, but because of some default file association.
Then shouldn't the browser then prompt to download it, leading to an endless loop?

(I've gotten some of these, like when accidentally setting mailto: to open in firefox and somehow getting each tab to open another tab, instead of opening gmail. )

The only way I know of to open an EPUB in the browser is with https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/fir...on/epubreader/
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 02:09 PM   #8
look4read

I think it is the problem: No app

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
Not sure why this is posted in the feedback section, but anyway...

I am not using any App for read, I only click twice with my finger in the icon of the e-book that I made with Sigil. I will download a reader App. Thank you so much.
Old 07-23-2014, 02:10 PM   #9
look4read

Sorry!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
This post does not belong here.

Please take the time to become familiar with our site before posting.

Your post has now been moved to the epub forum.

Don
(Moderator)
Sorry!
Old 07-23-2014, 02:11 PM   #10
look4read

I think it is the problem: No app

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmikel View Post
You have to download the book to your machine, typically then add it to the library or bookshelf of your reading application. Then you can select from your bookshelf.

You'll need to download one, try one from the mobileread library, since they are free and find it in tab4's file system. Downloads is a possibility. On my machine, the storage is represented by SDcard, I don't know why.
I am not using any App I will download one. Thank you so much.
Old 07-23-2014, 02:15 PM   #11
look4read

I Thonk you are right!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hampshire Nanny View Post
I think you are right, since I do not have any App instaled in the Tablet the e book is reding using the browser, it can be the reazon why it asks for the connection.

Thank you!