Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 01-27-2011, 08:02 PM   #16
Wordeater
Connoisseur
Wordeater can load mercury with a pitchforkWordeater can load mercury with a pitchforkWordeater can load mercury with a pitchforkWordeater can load mercury with a pitchforkWordeater can load mercury with a pitchforkWordeater can load mercury with a pitchforkWordeater can load mercury with a pitchforkWordeater can load mercury with a pitchforkWordeater can load mercury with a pitchforkWordeater can load mercury with a pitchforkWordeater can load mercury with a pitchfork

Device: Sony PRS-650
Perfect

Nice. Guess it would have helped to get the pic in focus, eh? Trust me, it's perfect.
Thanks.

[IMG][/IMG]

WE
Wordeater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 08:34 PM   #17
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wordeater View Post
Nice. Guess it would have helped to get the pic in focus, eh? Trust me, it's perfect.
Thanks.
Thank you for testing it, Wordeater. I hope you'll find it useful.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-27-2011, 10:30 PM   #18
CraftyDan
Zealot
CraftyDan knows the square root of minus one.CraftyDan knows the square root of minus one.CraftyDan knows the square root of minus one.CraftyDan knows the square root of minus one.CraftyDan knows the square root of minus one.CraftyDan knows the square root of minus one.CraftyDan knows the square root of minus one.CraftyDan knows the square root of minus one.CraftyDan knows the square root of minus one.CraftyDan knows the square root of minus one.CraftyDan knows the square root of minus one.

Device: PRS-600 and PRS-350
Tried it out and -- Long story short -- works as advertised. A workable solution to the "book cover" feature.

My Notes (for what they're worth):
Spoiler:
Install instructions were clear and thorough. Config parameters a little confusing -- creating a form or default buttons would help (I know, easier said than done).

Scheme works best if "calibre_cover" is the only cover marked for standby. Suggest a note in part D.

Part D is a part of the setup, so suggest part D renamed to "Setup 'Copy Cover' on Reader" (or something similar).

Checking errors:
multiple books -- error trapped by plugin, message makes sense.
missing cover -- error trapped by plugin, message makes sense.
*Insufficient space -- error trapped, message makes sense.
*No books selected -- error trapped, message doesn't make sense:

ERROR: ERROR: Unhandled exception: <b>IndexError</b>:list index out of range

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "<string>", line 93, in copy_cover
IndexError: list index out of range

I'm out of errors. Calibre hasn't crashed in XP and it works on my -350.
The two *'ed errors were trapped by Calibre, not your code. Should be fine, but these may need further testing cross-platform.

All together, it looks like you've got a clean Beta!
CraftyDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 01:05 AM   #19
revfish
The Pastor of Disaster
revfish has learned how to read e-booksrevfish has learned how to read e-booksrevfish has learned how to read e-booksrevfish has learned how to read e-booksrevfish has learned how to read e-booksrevfish has learned how to read e-booksrevfish has learned how to read e-booksrevfish has learned how to read e-books

Device: Sony PRS-650, Apple iPad 3 64GB Wifi
It worked like a charm on Win7 and the 650. Thanks for the plugin.
revfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 05:55 AM   #20
viviena
Evangelist
viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Currently Kobo Clara HD and Aura One, iPad
It seems to work without errors on the 350 with Win7 x64 and an up-to-date version of Calibre, though I've only tried switching around covers around four to five times. Thank you for the plugin, as I can see myself using this a fair bit in the future.
viviena is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-28-2011, 06:51 AM   #21
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Version 1.1 released in post #1. Only a minor fix to show a sensible error message if no books are selected.

@craftydan, revfish, viviena - Thank you for testing

@craftydan,
Thank you for the feedback. I have updated the instructions as per your suggestions and implemented the 'no book' fix. Making the Customization 'GUI pretty' is another matter, though. At the moment I am limited to a simple text string in Calibre GUI plugins. There may be an advanced Calibre plugin feature which would allow a full customization bells & whistles screen but if so, it's beyond my current skills. If enough people are interested in the plugin I may try to pursue the matter.

Last edited by jackie_w; 01-28-2011 at 07:07 AM.
Old 01-28-2011, 09:30 AM   #22
elemenoP
Wizard
elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Sony 650
If this is a calibre plugin and I run calibre on my mac, does that mean I can run this on my mac?

Thanks,
Sheri
elemenoP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 09:52 AM   #23
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by elemenoP View Post
If this is a calibre plugin and I run calibre on my mac, does that mean I can run this on my mac?

Thanks,
Sheri
I hope so, as long as you follow the instructions Try it and see.

I don't have a Mac so can't test myself. If it doesn't work please report back. I don't know whether there would be anything I could do to fix it, but the instructions need to be updated if there is a problem.
Old 01-28-2011, 03:59 PM   #24
Kiwimick
Addict
Kiwimick can name that ebook in five wordsKiwimick can name that ebook in five wordsKiwimick can name that ebook in five wordsKiwimick can name that ebook in five wordsKiwimick can name that ebook in five wordsKiwimick can name that ebook in five wordsKiwimick can name that ebook in five wordsKiwimick can name that ebook in five wordsKiwimick can name that ebook in five wordsKiwimick can name that ebook in five wordsKiwimick can name that ebook in five words

Device: Sony PRS650
Worked for me thanks Jackie on WinXP and 650. Great Plugin
Kiwimick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 04:19 PM   #25
Kiwimick
Addict
Kiwimick can name that ebook in five wordsKiwimick can name that ebook in five wordsKiwimick can name that ebook in five wordsKiwimick can name that ebook in five wordsKiwimick can name that ebook in five wordsKiwimick can name that ebook in five wordsKiwimick can name that ebook in five wordsKiwimick can name that ebook in five wordsKiwimick can name that ebook in five wordsKiwimick can name that ebook in five wordsKiwimick can name that ebook in five words

Wordeater can you tell me whether you loaded your plugin as true or false.
Old 01-28-2011, 04:27 PM   #26
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwimick View Post
Forgive me for jumping in, but just in case WordEater isn't around at the moment... if you like you can go back into Calibre Preferences - Plugins, find the plugin again, as per the instructions and re-Customize to try the other setting. Then OK - Apply - Close and restart Calibre. Copy another cover. See which option you prefer.
Old 01-28-2011, 05:08 PM   #27
Kiwimick
Addict

Thanks Jackie.

Just done that I changed it to false and the exact fit looks good. Again a great plugin and nice to know I can just go in and change according to the cover

Mike
Old 01-28-2011, 09:53 PM   #28
Wordeater
Connoisseur
Wordeater can load mercury with a pitchforkWordeater can load mercury with a pitchforkWordeater can load mercury with a pitchforkWordeater can load mercury with a pitchforkWordeater can load mercury with a pitchforkWordeater can load mercury with a pitchforkWordeater can load mercury with a pitchforkWordeater can load mercury with a pitchforkWordeater can load mercury with a pitchforkWordeater can load mercury with a pitchforkWordeater can load mercury with a pitchfork

Device: Sony PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwimick View Post

False.

WE
Wordeater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 04:38 PM   #29
Frankr
Zealot
Frankr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frankr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frankr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frankr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frankr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frankr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frankr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frankr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frankr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frankr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frankr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EzReader, Sony 650, Kindle 5, Onyx i62HD, Kobo Aura HD
GREAT! Win7 and the 650
Frankr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 06:33 PM   #30
DuskyRose
Guru
DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Palma, Kdle Scribe & Paperwhite, Kobo Eclipsa 2e & Libra 2, Ipads
This is so great! Love it!
DuskyRose is offline   Reply With Quote