Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 10-05-2009, 06:31 PM   #1
Bill_Petrovich
Bill_Petrovich began at the beginning.

Device: PocketBook 301+
Where can I buy Pocketbook in Atlanta area?

Where can I buy Pocketbook in Atlanta area? I heard that they are new alternative ebook readers. They can read russian...
Bill_Petrovich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 07:11 PM   #2
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
I don't know that they'll be available in B&M stores at all, at least not right away. The US retailers site is http://www.pocketbookreader.com/ and he's been hanging out a bit here on MR. They don't have them in stock yet though.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 07:27 PM   #3
Yar-PocketBooker
Fanatic
Yar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: PocketBooks and Onyxes and anything E-Ink...
Brian, thanks for answering that question! You wer're absolutely right, except that we DO have PocketBooks in stock already!)
Yar-PocketBooker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 07:30 PM   #4
Yar-PocketBooker
Fanatic
Yar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animals

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill_Petrovich View Post
Where can I buy Pocketbook in Atlanta area? I heard that they are new alternative ebook readers. They can read russian...

DA!)) I mean - yes, they can read Russian or any other language, including right-to-left ones (Hebrew, Arabic). We don't sell them in brick and mortar stores yet (though I plan to talk to couple of Russian book-and-electronics stores in Brooklyn this week), but you can order them online from our US webhome - www.PocketBookReader.com
Old 10-11-2009, 09:50 PM   #5
Bill_Petrovich

Hey, I ordered one from their site, I’ll tell everybody when I get it.
Old 10-12-2009, 05:53 PM   #6
Yar-PocketBooker
Fanatic

Quote:
Hey, I ordered one from their site, I’ll tell everybody when I get it.
Yup)))) the thingy is on its way to the Peach state
Old 10-15-2009, 12:46 AM   #7
Yar-PocketBooker
Fanatic

Billy, you'll have to tomorrow). Please let us know what you think.
Old 10-15-2009, 06:43 PM   #8
Bill_Petrovich

I just received the package today. (Btw, it was packaged very nicely – it was a box in a box with lots of foam stuffing).

Here is how the the box looked like: the packaging looks fine, though it is all in RussianJ

Inside were the cover (if I’m not mistatken, it’s half genuine leather, half artificial, but very soft), the SD card for 1 gig, the charger with usb cord and a bunch of adapters.

There were two user manuals – in Russian and in English separately (not very wise use of paper, heh?

The devicy was pre-charged and what I liked, it opened immediately with a bunch of Russian books already loaded. Does it come this way all the way from the manufacturerer or somebody loads these books at some point?

I’ll write more when I use it. (it is my first reader). So far I received what I expected to get.
Old 10-15-2009, 08:10 PM   #9
igorsk
Wizard
igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-500/505/700, Kindle, Cybook Gen3, Words Gear
Missing pictures?
igorsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 10:24 PM   #10
Yar-PocketBooker
Fanatic

Quote:
I just received the package today. (Btw, it was packaged very nicely – it was a box in a box with lots of foam stuffing).

Here is how the the box looked like: the packaging looks fine, though it is all in RussianJ

Inside were the cover (if I’m not mistatken, it’s half genuine leather, half artificial, but very soft), the SD card for 1 gig, the charger with usb cord and a bunch of adapters.

There were two user manuals – in Russian and in English separately (not very wise use of paper, heh?

The devicy was pre-charged and what I liked, it opened immediately with a bunch of Russian books already loaded. Does it come this way all the way from the manufacturerer or somebody loads these books at some point?

I’ll write more when I use it. (it is my first reader). So far I received what I expected to get.
Thanks, Billy !

Actually, Russian and Ukrainian pre-loaded books that came with the PB, were pre-loaded from Kiev, Ukraine. But I do pre-load additionaly some books in other languages, for example, last time I did so for one of our buyers with very Japanese name, I pre-loaded some Japananese fonts and books in Japanese and made the device reade the characters in book names in menu, not only inside the book.
So, in answering your questions - some books come pre-loaded, some I do add here in the US, depending on who's buying.
Old 10-15-2009, 10:41 PM   #11
Bill_Petrovich

Sorry I forgot the pictures :-)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	photo1.jpg
Views:	259
Size:	109.3 KB
ID:	37514   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo3.jpg
Views:	255
Size:	104.0 KB
ID:	37515   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo2.jpg
Views:	227
Size:	118.5 KB
ID:	37516   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo4.jpg
Views:	248
Size:	105.4 KB
ID:	37517  
Old 10-18-2009, 04:27 AM   #12
Yar-PocketBooker
Fanatic

Yep, that's our packaging))) The English box is to be printed soon.
Old 10-18-2009, 05:02 AM   #13
kacir
Wizard
kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360, before it was Sony Reader, cassiopeia A-20
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
They don't have them in stock yet though.
Last time I looked they did not have the new 5 inch PocketBook 360°. Nobody seems to have those yet, except for the Ukrainian PocketBook company.

PocketBook.com claim they do have PocketBook 301 in stock. PocketBook 301 is the older 6 inch device with firmware featuring amazing things that no other 6 inch device offers.

Go and have a look.
Also have a look at youtube and look up PocketBook.

EDIT:
Oooops.
I was answering the first question. I should have read the entire thread.
Congratulations to your PocketBook 301 Bil Petrovich.

Last edited by kacir; 10-18-2009 at 05:10 AM.
kacir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 01:20 PM   #14
Yar-PocketBooker
Fanatic

Kacir, thank you!

You are correct - 360s are not yet in stock in the USA, but I really-trully hope to get them very-very soon. No worries - y'all forum folks will know about it in the first place.