Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 06-30-2013, 05:21 AM   #1
Feher
Addict
Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox M92; Onyx Boox i86ML; Kobo Aura H2O; Dasung Paperlike
Moon+ Reader Pro AppGratis One Day Free Special Edition

This is Moon+ Reader Pro Appgratis One Day Free Special Edition

Grab the offer today for your android tablet:

Offer link:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...t.moonreaderpj

Last edited by Feher; 06-30-2013 at 06:51 PM.
Feher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 06:37 AM   #2
Jessica Lares
Wizard
Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, iPod Touch (5th gen)
You beat me to it! But yeah, liking it so far on my phone. The options are really nice.
Jessica Lares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 06:48 AM   #3
mobmind
Connoisseur
mobmind has exceeded all limitations known to mankindmobmind has exceeded all limitations known to mankindmobmind has exceeded all limitations known to mankindmobmind has exceeded all limitations known to mankindmobmind has exceeded all limitations known to mankindmobmind has exceeded all limitations known to mankindmobmind has exceeded all limitations known to mankindmobmind has exceeded all limitations known to mankindmobmind has exceeded all limitations known to mankindmobmind has exceeded all limitations known to mankindmobmind has exceeded all limitations known to mankind

Device: none
Might be good, but be aware of what else you are getting.

Permissions
This application has access to the following:

Network communication
full network access
Allows the app to create network sockets and use custom network protocols. The browser and other applications provide means to send data to the internet, so this permission is not required to send data to the internet.
Phone calls
read phone status and identity
Allows the app to access the phone features of the device. This permission allows the app to determine the phone number and device IDs, whether a call is active, and the remote number connected by a call.
Storage
modify or delete the contents of your USB storage
Allows the app to write to the USB storage.
System tools
install shortcuts
Allows an app to add shortcuts without user intervention.
Your applications information
retrieve running apps
Allows the app to retrieve information about currently and recently running tasks. This may allow the app to discover information about which applications are used on the device.

Your accounts
find accounts on the device
Allows the app to get the list of accounts known by the device. This may include any accounts created by applications you have installed.
Network communication
view network connections
Allows the app to view information about network connections such as which networks exist and are connected.
System tools
test access to protected storage
Allows the app to test a permission for USB storage that will be available on future devices.
mobmind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 06:58 AM   #4
Feher
Addict
Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox M92; Onyx Boox i86ML; Kobo Aura H2O; Dasung Paperlike
Quote:
Originally Posted by mobmind View Post
Might be good, but be aware of what else you are getting.
Hi,
Same permissions are there for regular Moon + Pro reader which costs 5$.
I suppose these permissions are needed by the app to work seamlessly

http://appgratis.com/android

Last edited by Feher; 06-30-2013 at 07:06 AM.
Feher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 07:15 AM   #5
Jessica Lares
Wizard
Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, iPod Touch (5th gen)
All those permissions are needed for the features of the app. Honestly, if you're that worried about them, you shouldn't be using the internet. Not every developer can explain what every little permission is for. Sometimes it's built into the engines they're using.

The big websites are never going to promote a rogue app either, at least not places like AppGratis.
Jessica Lares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 07:40 AM   #6
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
I'll avoid this one.

But thank you.

Don
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 10:46 AM   #7
readabit
Enthusiast
readabit could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.readabit could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.readabit could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.readabit could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.readabit could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.readabit could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.readabit could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.readabit could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.readabit could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.readabit could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.readabit could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab S3, NOOK Color.
What happens if you install the AppGratis version today, and then sometime after today get a different device--can you reinstall the free Pro version again later on another device (or the same device for that matter)?
readabit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 11:01 AM   #8
hwlester
Wizard
hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-T1, Kindle Touch, misc. Android devices, Nook HD+
Quote:
Originally Posted by readabit View Post
What happens if you install the AppGratis version today, and then sometime after today get a different device--can you reinstall the free Pro version again later on another device (or the same device for that matter)?
Good question. I'm betting the AppGratis version won't get updates as well. You could always backup the APK for good measure, but I'd consider it an extended trial. I did a search of the Google Play store for AppGratis and came up with a bunch of crap, but I did see a puzzle game out there called Cryptica which I've already purchased (and would recommend) that also appears to be a free full version today.

Edited to add link to the free game.

Last edited by hwlester; 06-30-2013 at 11:04 AM.
hwlester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 12:03 PM   #9
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
I tried it on our Nook HD+, don't really find it all that great, myself. Uninstalled.

Also tried the free version from 1mobile on my Fire HD. Uninstalled.

Don't like it, had a lot of fonts, but getting one to display right, getting books into the app....I must be a moron, I had a lot of trouble.

Last edited by booklover6; 06-30-2013 at 12:11 PM.
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 12:33 PM   #10
cfrizz
Wizard
cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung 54A, Kobo Libra H2O, Samsung S6 Lite
Quote:
Originally Posted by booklover6 View Post
I tried it on our Nook HD+, don't really find it all that great, myself. Uninstalled.

Also tried the free version from 1mobile on my Fire HD. Uninstalled.

Don't like it, had a lot of fonts, but getting one to display right, getting books into the app....I must be a moron, I had a lot of trouble.
Same here, I'm figuring it out as I go, but it is not the least bit intuitive.
cfrizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 03:24 PM   #11
mobmind
Connoisseur
mobmind has exceeded all limitations known to mankindmobmind has exceeded all limitations known to mankindmobmind has exceeded all limitations known to mankindmobmind has exceeded all limitations known to mankindmobmind has exceeded all limitations known to mankindmobmind has exceeded all limitations known to mankindmobmind has exceeded all limitations known to mankindmobmind has exceeded all limitations known to mankindmobmind has exceeded all limitations known to mankindmobmind has exceeded all limitations known to mankindmobmind has exceeded all limitations known to mankind

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessica Lares View Post
All those permissions are needed for the features of the app. Honestly, if you're that worried about them, you shouldn't be using the internet. Not every developer can explain what every little permission is for. Sometimes it's built into the engines they're using.

The big websites are never going to promote a rogue app either, at least not places like AppGratis.
I'm sure the users of LinkedIn felt the same way, before they found out their entire contact database had been uploaded without their knowledge. Still, it's your information and up to you how well you protect it and how many advertisers and data miners you wish to share it with (except for the NSA of course, no choice there). Go in peace my innocent child.
mobmind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 04:17 PM   #12
readabit
Enthusiast
readabit could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.readabit could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.readabit could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.readabit could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.readabit could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.readabit could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.readabit could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.readabit could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.readabit could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.readabit could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.readabit could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab S3, NOOK Color.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hwlester View Post
Good question. I'm betting the AppGratis version won't get updates as well. You could always backup the APK for good measure, but I'd consider it an extended trial.
Thanks for your input. I may end up emailing the developer to get clarification.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hwlester View Post
I did a search of the Google Play store for AppGratis and came up with a bunch of crap, but I did see a puzzle game out there called Cryptica which I've already purchased (and would recommend) that also appears to be a free full version today.
Thanks! I picked up a copy!

For those that have questions, concerns, etc. about Moon+ Reader: Based on all of my previous research this is a well-respected reader app. Personally, I've been using the free version for the past month or two and I like it a lot. It has a ton of customization options. I do understand how it can have a bit of a learning curve to it, but if you want a very powerful/customizable reader it is definitely worth checking out.
readabit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 04:25 PM   #13
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Reminds me of Giveawayoftheday but for apps. I grabbed it.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 07:49 PM   #14
cfrizz
Wizard
cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung 54A, Kobo Libra H2O, Samsung S6 Lite
I deleted it. It has some neat features but not enough to over ride the aggravation of trying to figure out something that should be so easy.

Now if Aldiko Pro ever comes up, I will definitely snatch it up.
cfrizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 09:57 PM   #15
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by cfrizz View Post
I deleted it. It has some neat features but not enough to over ride the aggravation of trying to figure out something that should be so easy.

Now if Aldiko Pro ever comes up, I will definitely snatch it up.

That's the one I want and the one that seems to generate so much interest, in my opinion.

Don
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote