Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 03-03-2012, 01:01 AM   #1
SeaKing
Frequent Flier
SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KB kindle aboard, Galx Tab 7.0 Plus, trying out Droid 1 as mini-tab
Galaxy S II Named Best Smartphone At Mobile World Congress 2012

Galaxy S II Named Best Smartphone At Mobile World Congress 2012
The Huffington Post Jason Gilbert First Posted: 03/ 2/2012 4:58 pm Updated: 03/ 2/2012 5:21 pm

"According to a round of well-viewed Samsung advertisements, all of those Apple fanboys waiting in line for an iPhone were secretly jealous of the Galaxy S II smartphone.

Now, Apple devotees have even more pieces of Samsung hardware to be secretly jealous of: Samsung won two huge prizes at the Mobile World Congress' Global Mobile Awards, for Best Smartphone of 2011 (for that Samsung Galaxy S II) as well as Device Manufacturer Of The Year.

First, the GSII: Samsung took home the Best Smartphone award for its fanboy-taunting Galaxy S II, which GMA judges called a "phenomenal success around the world [that] has outperformed all its Android rivals and demonstrated the maturity of the ecosystem." The Galaxy S II, Samsung's current flagship phone, was announced in February 2011, at last year's Mobile World Congress, and released in the United States in September; it went on to become a smashing sales success for the Korean electronics company, selling over 20 million units worldwide as of February 2012."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/0...n_1316479.html

Who would have thought it?
What would Trump say? "Unbelievable!"
SeaKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 01:42 PM   #2
rdfry
loving the books
rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Rooted Nook, Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4, Galaxy Note 5, 2 Fire 7s Note 8
Good hope they keep it up.
rdfry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 01:53 PM   #3
afv011
Captain Penguin
afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Nook Glowlight
Samsung are doing a great job with their phones. They are sexy, innovative and they are not afraid to push the envelope. I hope they keep it up, the market needs more companies like Samsung.
afv011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 02:18 PM   #4
elcreative
Wizard
elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS505, 600, 350, 650, Nexus 7, Note III, iPad 4 etc
That's a real surprise... mine's been working fine for me since May last year...
elcreative is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 02:52 PM   #5
RainingLemur
Spork Connoisseur
RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Color
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaKing View Post
What would Trump say?
After a lot of strange glares at all the people in the room and a slight wobble from his...hair -

Spoiler:

"You're Fired!"

But, anyways - Good on Samsung. I am a fan of their phones, and hope that they progress. The only thing that keeps me from converting from the HTC realm is Touchwiz and the "feel" of their handsets. I really like HTC's Sense and their build quality. Sammy's phones, to me, don't feel as solid as HTC's. But, that's just me.

Congrats Samsung.
RainingLemur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 03:00 PM   #6
SeaKing
Frequent Flier
SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KB kindle aboard, Galx Tab 7.0 Plus, trying out Droid 1 as mini-tab
Quote:
Originally Posted by RainingLemur View Post
After a lot of strange glares at all the people in the room and a slight wobble from his...hair -

Spoiler:

"You're Fired!"

But, anyways - Good on Samsung. I am a fan of their phones, and hope that they progress. The only thing that keeps me from converting from the HTC realm is Touchwiz and the "feel" of their handsets. I really like HTC's Sense and their build quality. Sammy's phones, to me, don't feel as solid as HTC's. But, that's just me.

Congrats Samsung.
Right on brother.
My middle boy who gave me my Samsung tablet for Christmas loves the latest and greatest things and he has an HTC phone that does 3-D pics. His biggest complaint is that nobody else has the capability to receive or view a 3-D pic.
I guess it is like the forest where the tree falls in 3-D and who knew?

SeaKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 08:23 PM   #7
Venus
Country girl
Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many
Good for Samsung. I hope they keep offering updates to their many phones. I have a HTC Incredible2 and I am waiting for my ICS update. I love how the Droid phones and tablets keep getting better and better and Samsung is definitely leading the pack.
Venus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 08:40 PM   #8
jocampo
Layback feline
jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2nd gen, Sony DPTS1, iPad Pro 10.5"
Get rid of my my 4G Sidekick for this.
Awesome cellphone. Not too big, not too small.
Really fast, awesome colors and battery life. I can use Netflix, read news, emails, fantastic phone.
jocampo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 08:47 PM   #9
HansTWN
Wizard
HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HP Touchpad, Sony Duo 13, Lumia 920, Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Venus View Post
Good for Samsung. I hope they keep offering updates to their many phones. I have a HTC Incredible2 and I am waiting for my ICS update. I love how the Droid phones and tablets keep getting better and better and Samsung is definitely leading the pack.
And best of all, Samsung is bringing the stylus back. The days of me-too Apple imitation are over. Now Samsung truly is the leading innovator in the phone business. Nokia's new phones are very nice, too. Let us hope they make a comeback.
HansTWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 07:50 AM   #10
Venus
Country girl
Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HansTWN View Post
And best of all, Samsung is bringing the stylus back. The days of me-too Apple imitation are over. Now Samsung truly is the leading innovator in the phone business. Nokia's new phones are very nice, too. Let us hope they make a comeback.
I love that they are bringing the stylus back.....definitely want it for my next phone and tablet.
Old 03-04-2012, 09:17 AM   #11
cjr72
Groupie
cjr72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cjr72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cjr72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cjr72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cjr72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cjr72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cjr72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cjr72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cjr72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cjr72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cjr72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 6p, Nexus 10
I'm thinking about getting the Note as my next phone. I have a Samsung Galaxy S now that will be 2 years old this summer. Stretching back to the pre-smartphone days most of my phones have been Samsung so I guess I'm a fan(boy?! ).
cjr72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 09:23 AM   #12
Phogg
PHD in Horribleness
Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Just a whole bunch. I guess I am a collector now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjr72 View Post
I'm thinking about getting the Note as my next phone. I have a Samsung Galaxy S now that will be 2 years old this summer. Stretching back to the pre-smartphone days most of my phones have been Samsung so I guess I'm a fan(boy?! ).
I will be getting the Note as soon as my tax return comes back. My wife wants one and she is due an upgrade in April. I have already designed a skin for mine at Skinit.
Phogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 09:37 AM   #13
Venus
Country girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjr72 View Post
The Note is AT&T and the company I work for uses Verizon. So no Note yet. I asked Verizon when they were getting the Note but they didn't have an answer. I will bide my time by getting familiar with my new ICS update. I'm easy to please.
Old 03-04-2012, 09:43 AM   #14
cjr72
Groupie
cjr72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cjr72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cjr72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cjr72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cjr72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cjr72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cjr72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cjr72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cjr72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cjr72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cjr72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 6p, Nexus 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Venus View Post
The Note is AT&T and the company I work for uses Verizon. So no Note yet. I asked Verizon when they were getting the Note but they didn't have an answer. I will bide my time by getting familiar with my new ICS update. I'm easy to please.
I'm sort of in the same boat. I have a family plan with T-Mobile and they don't carry the Note either. I'm still pretty satisfied with my Galaxy S so I'll wait at least until summer to see if they will carry it by then.
cjr72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 10:03 AM   #15
Phogg
PHD in Horribleness
Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Just a whole bunch. I guess I am a collector now.
The Note did go through FCC licensing in a configuration for Verizon, so hopefully it will make it by summer. If Verizon 4G reached out here we would pull the trigger on AT&T and dump our land lines.
Phogg is offline   Reply With Quote