Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Color & Nook Tablet

Notices

Old 11-17-2010, 12:21 AM   #16
ColdSun
Developer/Device Reviews
ColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Device: Sony Xperia Tablet Z, Kindle Paperwhite 2, Lenovo Yoga 8, IPad 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnageddon View Post
No problem, Nathan, it's just I hate to see that poor old dead horse dragged out for another beating.
No doubt.

The more I read and see about this device I feel it is perfect for me. I have been searching for years for a high quality LCD reading device. I can't wait until it gets here.
ColdSun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 02:38 AM   #17
RockdaMan
Banned
RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pandigital Novel, Kindle G1 (broken), iPod Touch
The reviews are certainly impressive. I'm going to wait until Amazon releases it's LCD Android device for comparison before jumping in though.
RockdaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 09:08 AM   #18
akira28
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockdaMan View Post
The reviews are certainly impressive. I'm going to wait until Amazon releases it's LCD Android device for comparison before jumping in though.
The device is indeed impressive. Perhaps someone might find a way to put the Kindle app on it too, after all, it is android.
Old 11-17-2010, 09:27 AM   #19
jhempel24
Wizard
jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle Paperwhite, B&N Nook Colro
Quote:
Originally Posted by nabrum View Post
They sure don't hurt my eyes. And they don't seem to hurt yours much since you're on a PC.

Eye strain/LCD is a myth. One can have eye strain from reading a DTB for too long.
No, it's not a myth, I don't read long term on my pc, and the screen is MUCH MUCH wider, which means your eye has a wider field of view for the lcd, the close quarters LCD where your eye has to focus for a long period of time HURTS MY EYES.

I don't hold my LCD eReader 3ft from my eyes..

I bought one 3 weeks ago and returned it within 5 days, it hurt my eyes, I got a headache, and got very tired very quickly, so to say it's a myth is incorrect.

There are hundreds of people out there that can read on an LCD screen, and there are hundreds of people out there that can't.....

I think it's time to call the MythBusters.
jhempel24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 11:27 AM   #20
ColdSun
Developer/Device Reviews
ColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Not again.... I think it is time to drop this subject and return to the topic. There is no right side, its just a matter of choice.

In other news, according to UPS my Nook Color will be here tomorrow!
Old 11-17-2010, 11:41 AM   #21
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by nabrum View Post
They sure don't hurt my eyes. And they don't seem to hurt yours much since you're on a PC.
For me, reading on a PC is a very different experience than reading a book. My PC reading is more like "burst" reading. For instance, reading this forum or even blogs, I mostly read short bursts of text (most posts are short). If I want read a long post, I will read a bit, let my eyes wander then read more. If the post is one giant paragraph, I won't even try because it freaks my eyes out.

Reading on an eink screen or a paper book allows longer straight through reading. Now if the formatting is really bad on an ebook, I'll give up on it as well.

I personally, cannot read books on my computer.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 12:51 PM   #22
Rebo
Groupie
Rebo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Rebo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Rebo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Rebo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: nook, nook color, kindle 3, Ipad 2nd gen, Nook HD+, Iphone 4S
Quote:
Originally Posted by daffy4u View Post
For me, reading on a PC is a very different experience than reading a book. My PC reading is more like "burst" reading. For instance, reading this forum or even blogs, I mostly read short bursts of text (most posts are short). If I want read a long post, I will read a bit, let my eyes wander then read more. If the post is one giant paragraph, I won't even try because it freaks my eyes out.

Reading on an eink screen or a paper book allows longer straight through reading. Now if the formatting is really bad on an ebook, I'll give up on it as well.

I personally, cannot read books on my computer.
If people want to continue this discussion, please go to the News Section, under topic "e-ink vs. LCD".
Rebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 12:57 PM   #23
jhempel24
Wizard
jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle Paperwhite, B&N Nook Colro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebo View Post
If people want to continue this discussion, please go to the News Section, under topic "e-ink vs. LCD".
LOL!!!

As a side note, I did find a good way to make my eyes comfortable with my Droid X, included a non-glare screen.....but I will have to see this in action in person before I plunk down the cash!
jhempel24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 01:19 PM   #24
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebo View Post
No, but I've had my say.
Old 11-17-2010, 01:54 PM   #25
ColdSun
Developer/Device Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by daffy4u View Post
No, but I've had my say.
Who hasn't on this particular subject? This is why some of us are tired of seeing it over and over. I don't think anyone meant to be rude when asking not to talk about it, so please accept my apologies if my comments came off that way.
Old 11-17-2010, 02:02 PM   #26
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdSun View Post
Who hasn't on this particular subject? This is why some of us are tired of seeing it over and over. I don't think anyone meant to be rude when asking not to talk about it, so please accept my apologies if my comments came off that way.
It wasn't you. I do object to my post being singled out for the "off topic request" when I was not the only one sharing their opinion.

The post I replied to was the first one I saw when I clicked on the subscribed thread in my CP. I had not read the following posts when I responded, so I had not seen your post about dropping the subject (your request was general and not specific).