Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 09-22-2010, 04:57 PM   #16
LCF
Wizard
LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Hanlin V3 (LBook), GS3
Nice first 10 pages. Just bought the rest.
LCF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 12:22 AM   #17
Donnageddon
Now you lishen here...
Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650. Kobo Touch, Kindle Fire
I finished the 2 book compilation of The Bridge Chronicles a couple of weeks ago. All in all, I think it is an excellent compilation, but I had some complaints about the second novel The Know Circuit.

Below is the review I left on Smashwords.

Quote:
You can read the reviews for Ballard's first entry in the Bridge Chronicles, they are spot on. Over The Amoral Bridge is a fun, exciting read with memorable characters and enjoyable noir cyberpunk feel.

The second entry The Know Circuit starts off much the same. Bridge is drawn personally (through his loyal body guard Aristotle)into the strange happenings in Boulder Co, which coincides with some equally strange happenings in the Net.

The first half of the Know Circuit promises the same enjoyable noirish thrill ride of The Amoral Bridge, but the second half gets bogged down with some ancillary characters (the scientists behind the strange happenings) and their back story which I found to be duller than dishwater. These characters held no interest, and their dialogue and actions were campish and starkly out of place in the world Ballard had so successfully created. I wanted these charaxters to die quickly so that we could get back to Bridge, Aristotle and the entourage of streetwise fellow travelers.

I give the 2-in-1 volume a four, but the first book deserves a 5 and the second a 2 1/2.

I look forward to Ballard's next entry in the Bridge Chronicles, and I hope he can get back to the heart of the world without the less interesting "super hero" distractions found in The Know Circuit.
The issues I had with the second half of The Know Circuit will not dissuade me from getting the third novel. Ballard does have great ear for noir style cyberpunk. I have great hopes he will have the next novel stick more with the main characters.
Donnageddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 10:16 AM   #18
HaemishM
Author
HaemishM rocks like Gibraltar!HaemishM rocks like Gibraltar!HaemishM rocks like Gibraltar!HaemishM rocks like Gibraltar!HaemishM rocks like Gibraltar!HaemishM rocks like Gibraltar!HaemishM rocks like Gibraltar!HaemishM rocks like Gibraltar!HaemishM rocks like Gibraltar!HaemishM rocks like Gibraltar!HaemishM rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: Motorola Xoom
The first draft of the third novel IS finished. I've got an editor looking over it now while I write some more short stories that are going to be on my web site soon. It's called if [tribe] = (pronounced "if tribe equals"), and it will focus more on the crime noir elements with a lot of callbacks to the first novel. There will however, be more of the technomancers in it - not the group you meet in The Know Circuit, but the one mentioned at the end, Mu, Bridge's new bodyguard. The series was always meant to have a bit of the magic in the cyberpunk world. I'm sorry you didn't like those elements of the Know Circuit - it won't be for all cyberpunk fans. I am glad you didn't absolutely hate it though.

Thanks for all who have bought it - this has been the best sales month I've had since I started self-publishing a year ago, with over 100 total books sold. I couldn't have done it without people willing to take a chance on an unknown.
HaemishM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 05:56 PM   #19
Donnageddon
Now you lishen here...
Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650. Kobo Touch, Kindle Fire
Well, there is more I immensely enjoyed in the Bridge Chronicles than I disliked. I look forward to the next novel in the series.

I really like the short stories too.
Donnageddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 10:27 AM   #20
HaemishM
Author
HaemishM rocks like Gibraltar!HaemishM rocks like Gibraltar!HaemishM rocks like Gibraltar!HaemishM rocks like Gibraltar!HaemishM rocks like Gibraltar!HaemishM rocks like Gibraltar!HaemishM rocks like Gibraltar!HaemishM rocks like Gibraltar!HaemishM rocks like Gibraltar!HaemishM rocks like Gibraltar!HaemishM rocks like Gibraltar!

If you liked the short stories, you'll be happy to hear that starting this weekend, I'll be adding new short stories to the Bridge Chronicles blog, at a rate of 1 per month. These will all be set in the "Bridge universe" though they won't all have Bridge in them. I'll likely add the first one tomorrow (Saturday).

You can find the blog at: http://amoralbridge.blogspot.com.
Old 10-02-2010, 12:59 PM   #21
HaemishM
Author

As promised, the first of the Tales from the Bridge Chronicles short stories has been posted on my blog. You can find Part 1 of The Run by clicking here. Enjoy!
Old 12-09-2010, 05:44 PM   #22
HaemishM
Author

I've since updated the site with two new short stories.

Anatomy of a Credit Assassination

T.R.C.

Hope you guys enjoy them!
Old 12-10-2010, 09:10 AM   #23
caleb72
Indie Advocate
caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Another one to add to my "to buy" list.

Regards
Caleb
caleb72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 11:06 AM   #24
HaemishM
Author

Hope you enjoy it, Caleb!
Old 03-27-2012, 11:34 AM   #25
HaemishM
Author

This novel got a positive review from the blogger Christie Cote at Christie's Book Reviews. Though cyberpunk is not her preferred genre, she still enjoyed the book.

Quote:
It was well written and descriptive. I could easily imagine the world. The author did well with giving a vivid image of who Bridge was and what he was like. He wasn’t really someone I would be friends with.

The story was fast paced and had a good amount of action.
Thanks to Christie for reading the book.
Old 03-27-2012, 11:39 AM   #26
Shack70
Guru
Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire 10", Honor 8 Android Phone
Downloading the sample from Amazon now!
Shack70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 12:13 PM   #27
Shack70
Guru
Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire 10", Honor 8 Android Phone
Read the sample and bought it! Looks great, I'll review it after I read it.
Shack70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 10:40 AM   #28
HaemishM
Author

Fantastic! I hope you enjoy the whole book as much as you did the sample.
Old 05-03-2012, 01:02 PM   #29
HaemishM
Author

On the strength of this novel, I was named the SFNetCast indie author of the month for May. The book is still available as an eBook for only $.99 cents. The site's owner gave me a positive review as well, which you can see on the link above.

Tags
adventure, atmosphere, blog., contest, cyberpunk, expert opinions, fiction, food, free skin, fun, gelaskins, giveaways, grace elliot, horror, kindle promotion, mystery, near future, nook, nook color, odds, recipes, science fiction, scifi, speculative fiction, thriller ebook, toilets, transparent lovers, weather, why do you write