Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 09-24-2009, 03:50 AM   #1
Slite
Icanhasdonuts?
Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura 2nd edition, Kobo Clara HD
v.0.1.4?

Hi Valloric.

Any roadmap for the next version of Sigil? And what we can expect to see included in the next release?
Slite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 11:52 AM   #2
Valloric
Created Sigil, FlightCrew
Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slite View Post
Hi Valloric.

Any roadmap for the next version of Sigil? And what we can expect to see included in the next release?
Well, you could always take a look at the live ChangeLog or the issues tagged with "milestone-01.4". It really should have been done by now, but I'm getting bogged down with other responsibilities. Haven't really had much time to work on it the last few days.

And then there's the classic "it took waaay longer than I thought it would" problem. Just getting the binary installer done for Windows and Linux was a great deal of work, and it's still not quite perfect. Then there were some bugs that took ages to track down. And I've also been researching and designing some features that will show up in future versions of Sigil. There have also been some back-end changes and refactorings which don't end up in the changelog. But do read it. Everything listed under 0.1.4 has already been done.

Currently I'm trying to get zooming to work for both Views... this has been pushed back once now (or twice?), so it's due. I still need to integrate some Mac specific changes that pdurrant contributed, which is of course dependant on me getting some hands-on time with a Mac.. and since I don't own one and have to beg a friend for access, this is difficult. There's also some work to be done on better interaction of Sigil and calibre, which should have been done weeks ago... a few other things as well.

Bottom line, there's a bit more work to do 'till 0.1.4 is ready. As I've said, life's gotten a bit more complicated so things are progressing slower than I'd like, but hey, that's life.

Last edited by Valloric; 09-24-2009 at 06:47 PM. Reason: typo
Valloric is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-27-2009, 01:13 AM   #3
rogue_ronin
Banned
rogue_ronin has learned how to read e-booksrogue_ronin has learned how to read e-booksrogue_ronin has learned how to read e-booksrogue_ronin has learned how to read e-booksrogue_ronin has learned how to read e-booksrogue_ronin has learned how to read e-booksrogue_ronin has learned how to read e-books

Device: Nokia 770 (fbreader)
Quote:
I still need to integrate some Mac specific changes that pdurrant contributed, which is of course dependant on me getting some hands-on time with a Mac.
It's possible to boot a PC notebook into MacOS...

m a r
rogue_ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 06:04 AM   #4
Juliette
I eat books
Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: Gen3 PRS-505 PRS-600 PB360 PB302 K2 Opus BebookMini OnyxBoox K3 KDXG
If you wish, I can act as a guinea pig for testing the mac version.
Juliette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 07:49 AM   #5
Valloric
Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogue_ronin View Post
It's possible to boot a PC notebook into MacOS...
AFAIK that is illegal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juliette View Post
If you wish, I can act as a guinea pig for testing the mac version.
Thank you for the offer, but I need more than just testing. I need to run Xcode on it and perform the standard code-compile-test cycle. I need to be able to develop on a Mac.
Advert
Old 09-27-2009, 07:54 AM   #6
Juliette
I eat books
Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: Gen3 PRS-505 PRS-600 PB360 PB302 K2 Opus BebookMini OnyxBoox K3 KDXG
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valloric View Post
Thank you for the offer, but I need more than just testing. I need to run Xcode on it and perform the standard code-compile-test cycle. I need to be able to develop on a Mac.
OK but if you need anything mac ask me- it would be just a good way to show appreciation for your fantastic application.
Juliette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 07:57 AM   #7
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
maybe we should start a chip-in to buy valloric a mac.

i was just looking at the changelog and it's great to see the progress you've made, despite unexpected delays / complications ! i can't wait to see the next version.

i've been using sigil regularly and the more i use it, the more i love it. i've managed to develop a workflow using notepad for search and replace and sigil for everything else, and now a book which might have taken me a full day or maybe two to make, i can finish in a few hours only. of course this is without adding in too-complex formatting, but still it's amazing !! thanks valloric so much for all your work on this app, it's brilliant. have i mentioned that lately ?
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 08:00 AM   #8
zelda_pinwheel
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

oh, added benefit of sigil : since there are no auto-completes (so far...) for the code, i have memorised much more css rules than before since i used to be lazy and rely on dreamweaver to finish writing them for me.
Old 09-27-2009, 09:35 AM   #9
Valloric

Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
oh, added benefit of sigil : since there are no auto-completes (so far...) for the code, i have memorised much more css rules than before since i used to be lazy and rely on dreamweaver to finish writing them for me.

I do plan on adding auto-complete for the Code Views at some point.
Old 09-27-2009, 09:36 AM   #10
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:

I do plan on adding auto-complete for the Code Views at some point.
that's great news, just in case there are some lazy people out there (i can't think who though...)
Old 09-27-2009, 09:45 AM   #11
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
AFAIK that is illegal.
Not illegal. Just in violation of Apple's licence agreement.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 12:30 PM   #12
Valloric

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
That's what I meant. For some reason it came out wrong.
Old 09-27-2009, 04:48 PM   #13
rogue_ronin
Banned
rogue_ronin has learned how to read e-booksrogue_ronin has learned how to read e-booksrogue_ronin has learned how to read e-booksrogue_ronin has learned how to read e-booksrogue_ronin has learned how to read e-booksrogue_ronin has learned how to read e-booksrogue_ronin has learned how to read e-books

Device: Nokia 770 (fbreader)
Ah, the permission culture -- ain't it great!

m a r
rogue_ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 12:17 AM   #14
Hellmark
Wizard
Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nokia N800, PRS-505, Nook STR Glowlight, Kindle 3
Quote:
That's what I meant. For some reason it came out wrong.
Is just a civil matter. Nothing illegal about it.
Hellmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 01:13 PM   #15
Moejoe
Banned
Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: Coffin
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
And that Apple EULA (along with all EULA's) is probably illegal in most of Europe, where a contract must be agreed upon BEFORE purchase for it to be enforceable

(Personal opinion here, but I've run OS X on plenty of Hackintoshes in the past, stock Dell machines seem to be the best overall. There's a great forum Google: OSX86 project )
Moejoe is offline   Reply With Quote