Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

View Poll Results: Sell liseuses via 'tupperware party'?
Yes, we should be flogging liseuses like there's no tomorrow! 9 36.00%
No, selling liseuses is the job of retailers and liseuse manufacturers 3 12.00%
The blue one next to the fish 13 52.00%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-24-2009, 07:24 PM   #31
nomesque
Snooty Bestselling Author
nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-650
HEY - I just had a thought!!!

Why make it a tupperware-party-STYLE thing? Why not actually integrate tupperware?

"And this stylish plastic cover will protect your liseuse while expressing your personality with butterflies and bright pink!" (scuse me while I go bleurrrrgh!)

"Get thirsty while reading? That's no longer a problem with the liseuse-n-juice! This handy drink bottle snaps right onto your liseuse cover for convenient slurping! And how about the larder-liseuse-n-juice, with a snap-on container for snacks?"

Some days I scare myself.
nomesque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 08:23 PM   #32
kazbates
Wizard
kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SurfacePro, SurfaceBook 2
Better yet, they could combine the liseuse with lingerie!! I haven't been to one of those parties in years but liseuse and lingerie just seem to go together.
kazbates is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-24-2009, 08:28 PM   #33
nomesque
nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kazbates View Post
Better yet, they could combine the liseuse with lingerie!! I haven't been to one of those parties in years but liseuse and lingerie just seem to go together.
ZOMG! Do you WANNA know where my mind just went?? Ermm, no, you don't, trust me. Cripes, my poor brain can't help cross-referencing liseuses and sex, now, and... imagination exploding!
Old 09-24-2009, 08:31 PM   #34
kazbates
Wizard
kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

That's what I'm talking about! Download a little erotica and some lingerie and you're ready for a STEAMY night. I think it would be a great marketing angle. We would make a fortune!
Old 09-24-2009, 08:34 PM   #35
nomesque

Quote:
Originally Posted by kazbates View Post
That's what I'm talking about! Download a little erotica and some lingerie and you're ready for a STEAMY night. I think it would be a great marketing angle. We would make a fortune!
See, I was kinda managing to combine erotic fiction, audio fiction, and erotic devices. Real multi-purpose stuff. I'm not sure how you'd turn the volume up, though... *ponder*
Advert
Old 09-24-2009, 08:47 PM   #36
kazbates
Wizard

I was going for a little more of a plebian approach, you know, spicing up the old love life. but your's would work, too! What the heck, add some electronics in there. You're just able to reach more customers that way!
Old 09-24-2009, 10:21 PM   #37
ardeegee
Maratus speciosus butt
ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-350
On a more serious note (than my mocking of the vanishingly tiny chance of the word "liseuse" ever catching hold in the US)-- I don't think that the crowd who falls for hard-sell tactics on vastly overpriced plastic storage containers (or other products marketed MLM-style) are the most fertile segment of the population for finding heavy readers. "Tupperware" type marketing is for catching the poorly educated and the easily manipulated.
ardeegee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 11:08 PM   #38
pholy
Booklegger
pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook(1 & 2010), PEZ, PRS-505, Kobo BT, PRS-T1, Playbook, Kobo Touch
Quote:
"Tupperware" type marketing is for catching the poorly educated and the easily manipulated.
I hope you mean poorly educated or the easily manipulated. I have Tupperware and a Bachelor's Degree! ... What can I say? I was the only man there! :-)
pholy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 12:30 AM   #39
Darqref
space cadet
Darqref ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Darqref ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Darqref ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Darqref ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Darqref ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Darqref ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Darqref ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Darqref ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Darqref ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Darqref ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Darqref ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Rocket PRO, gen3, Pocketbook360
Quote:
Originally Posted by pholy View Post
I hope you mean poorly educated or the easily manipulated. I have Tupperware and a Bachelor's Degree! ... What can I say? I was the only man there! :-)
When I see "Tupperware Party", (in the context of ebook devices) I don't necessarily think of a guilt trip or overpriced. What I DO think about is the chance to hold and try all of them. And I do mean ALL of them. It won't work for a single model, or even a single brand. Ya gotta have as many as will ship to your country, or at least a large fraction.

I'd like to hold and compare all these new things coming out, because as good as they sound, they'll need to be good enough to justify giving up the (admittedly imperfect) Gen3 I have now. And that will take trying it with live batteries.

What would work would be a kit that contains lots of different readers, that one could take to an SF convention (or any other genre, but it implies a concentration of people who like to read....). Have a display area, some discussion panels, and hot links to the vendors who could take orders to ship... The only problem is getting enough vendors to agree to let their devices be displayed together....
Darqref is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 10:04 AM   #40
kazbates
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by ardeegee View Post
On a more serious note (than my mocking of the vanishingly tiny chance of the word "liseuse" ever catching hold in the US)-- I don't think that the crowd who falls for hard-sell tactics on vastly overpriced plastic storage containers (or other products marketed MLM-style) are the most fertile segment of the population for finding heavy readers. "Tupperware" type marketing is for catching the poorly educated and the easily manipulated.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pholy View Post
Actually, I have two degrees and I am definitely NOT easily manipulated and have a large amount of Tupperware. I like things neat and organized and Tupperware products make that possible. Of course, I purchased most of it years ago, but the stuff is still going strong. It is a great product that lasts which is something that can't be said for a lot of the things we buy today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darqref View Post
When I see "Tupperware Party", (in the context of ebook devices) I don't necessarily think of a guilt trip or overpriced. What I DO think about is the chance to hold and try all of them. And I do mean ALL of them. It won't work for a single model, or even a single brand. Ya gotta have as many as will ship to your country, or at least a large fraction.

I'd like to hold and compare all these new things coming out, because as good as they sound, they'll need to be good enough to justify giving up the (admittedly imperfect) Gen3 I have now. And that will take trying it with live batteries.

What would work would be a kit that contains lots of different readers, that one could take to an SF convention (or any other genre, but it implies a concentration of people who like to read....). Have a display area, some discussion panels, and hot links to the vendors who could take orders to ship... The only problem is getting enough vendors to agree to let their devices be displayed together....
I think this is a great idea. One of the reasons I waited to order my 600 was because I wanted to see it in person.