Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 10-20-2012, 10:37 AM   #91
mrmikel
Color me gone
mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-300
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post

The dread: "...Reference of some kind..."
is located anywhere in the above 250 lines!
Old 10-21-2012, 06:23 PM   #92
kiwidude
calibre/Sigil Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmikel View Post
I will try again, but it has been several days since the last time.

I did not put the cursor at the end of the comment, I put it much before it and an extra </p> ends up at the end before the </body> tag in addition to the desired location.

I will try to edit down that same document and see if I can get it to do it again.
@mrmikel - is it possible that you did a Replace All operation in there somewhere in your steps on that document, which resulted in it becoming invalid?

I have found only one way in my own testing to beat the well formed checks and enter Book View. That is to do a Replace All (in all files) which happens to make the document invalid. And in this situation it seems this beta build doesn't do the well formed check before switching to Book View. This is a bug (and something that didn't happen in the 906 build) so I will fix that for the 0.6 release.
Old 10-21-2012, 07:06 PM   #93
mrmikel
Color me gone
mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

It is very likely I did a replace all and it became invalid. That would explain why I did not see the error all the time, as the longer I work with a book, the less it is needed and any of the changes are less likely to be drastic.

Thanks for pursuing this; I need all the protection for myself I can get.

Sigil is such a fantastic application now. Everything goes so fast. The only problem is discovering all the features.

BTW where would be an appropriate place for hints on what Flight crew reveals? It took me several days to solve an issue which was right in front my nose, and I would be glad to pass it along.

Last edited by mrmikel; 10-21-2012 at 07:14 PM.
Old 10-22-2012, 06:25 PM   #94
sensel
sensel began at the beginning.

Device: Sony prs350
Dialog Box Problem

Using XP sp3.

I have a problem navigating the 'Open With' dialog box. I cannot view files or sub -directories. The same occurs with 'Add Existing Files'.

It seems to work OK on a win7 machine.

Can anyone confirm this and maybe a fix please.
Old 10-23-2012, 03:26 AM   #95
jbacelar
Interested in the matter
jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook InkPad 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by sensel View Post
Using XP sp3.

I have a problem navigating the 'Open With' dialog box. I cannot view files or sub -directories. The same occurs with 'Add Existing Files'.

I use the same setup and I don't have that problem.
Old 10-23-2012, 06:25 AM   #96
kiwidude
calibre/Sigil Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@sensel - this is the dialog I see on XP SP3 and it works perfectly fine. It is difficult to know from your description what you are seeing but it sounds like a problem specific to your machine as no-one else has reported any issues.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	AddFiles.png
Views:	199
Size:	29.5 KB
ID:	94723  
Old 10-23-2012, 05:32 PM   #97
Oldpilot
Groupie
Oldpilot plays well with othersOldpilot plays well with othersOldpilot plays well with othersOldpilot plays well with othersOldpilot plays well with othersOldpilot plays well with othersOldpilot plays well with othersOldpilot plays well with othersOldpilot plays well with othersOldpilot plays well with othersOldpilot plays well with others

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwidude View Post
@meme/Oldpilot - Oldpilot reported issues with the 905 beta as well and sent me an ePub at the time that worked perfectly fine for me. I am inclined to believe it is some other software/Qt conflict on their machine of some kind, particularly since they claimed continuous crashes with new epubs etc.
As Mr Churchill said to Lady Astor: "Grammarians will attest that Man embraces Woman, unless otherwise stated in the text.”

Oldpilot has too many books to compile to take time out to play with HIS other computer at this time. HE was only commending the Beta-Beta version for being less unstable than the earlier one. HE is perfectly willing to concede that the crashes are entirely HIS fault.

Anyhow, Sigil 5.3 seems a very useful bit of machinery. I hope you will not do away with it.

(I particularly enjoyed the full-page advertisement in the Wall Street Journal showing a female human being using a computer. The text said something to the effect that "THIS PERSON is using THEIR computer to" do thus and so.)
Old 10-23-2012, 05:52 PM   #98
sensel
sensel began at the beginning.

Device: Sony prs350
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwidude View Post
@sensel - this is the dialog I see on XP SP3 and it works perfectly fine. It is difficult to know from your description what you are seeing but it sounds like a problem specific to your machine as no-one else has reported any issues.
Thanks, solved. The splitter between the folder and file panes was at the RH edge and couldn't be seen. Don't know how it got into my preferences!
Old 10-24-2012, 07:28 AM   #99
mrmikel
Color me gone

It seems like the declaration
<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.1//EN"
"http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml11/DTD/xhtml11.dtd">

keeps being reset to "W3C//DTD XHTML 1.1//EN"
"http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml11/DTD/xhtml11.dtd">

I am pretty certain I went through and did them all when I discovered one not right, but it seems like when I modify a document, I end up having to do it again.
Old 10-24-2012, 08:04 AM   #100
kiwidude
calibre/Sigil Developer

@mrmikel - already fixed for 0.6 (it affects users not using Tidy).
https://code.google.com/p/sigil/issues/detail?id=1679
Old 10-24-2012, 07:00 PM   #101
mrmikel
Color me gone

f12 advance to next misspelled advances to word which is not underlined or misspelled, even after clear ignored words is invoked.

This is on word Ardennes at start of chapter 13 in attached.

Did not find in issue list.
Attached Files
File Type: epub The Fight is Won1a.epub (3.85 MB, 145 views)
Old 10-25-2012, 03:23 AM   #102
kiwidude
calibre/Sigil Developer

@mrmikel - it doesn't misbehave for me? If I put cursor on Ardennes and hit next misspelled word, it goes to "th" on "16th", then "co-operation", "XXIX" etc (i.e. the underlined words)?
Old 10-25-2012, 03:58 AM   #103
meme
Sigil developer
meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, K4 NT, K3, Kobo Touch
It does show an issue for me. The word "Ardennes" is not highlighted when I first bring up the page. If I remove the comments at the top then "Ardennes" becomes highlighted. It looks like Spellcheck is correctly finding the word, but the highlighting is not visible.
Old 10-25-2012, 04:43 AM   #104
kiwidude
calibre/Sigil Developer

@meme - nope, I still don't see that? Do you mean starting from the bottom of the previous page "fn12.html" and hitting next misspelled word so it opens as a tab? For me after opening the tab it ends up on HyperWar in the <title>. If I put that, III and XIII on the ignore list, close the tab, go back to fn12.html, hit next misspelled word again, then I end up on Ardennes with it highlighted?
Old 10-25-2012, 06:27 AM   #105
kiwidude
calibre/Sigil Developer

Just FYI - meme emailed me with the "trick" - the issue occurs if you have Clean Source turned to off. It doesn't happen if you have it set to Pretty Print (which I do) or full Tidy. It should also be noted this issue occurs with 0.5.3 as well (with Tidy turned off) so this isn't a new problem but I agree it is not desirable.
Closed Thread