Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 03-30-2008, 02:27 PM   #1
stelpa
stelpa began at the beginning.

Device: IREX ILIAD
My iLiad reboot again and again.....

The situation is like this....
I downloaded the developer package from irex's site. The download completed and then the device reboot. After rebooting a white screen appears and then it reboot again and again.....

Any idea?
stelpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008, 03:49 PM   #2
Adam B.
Addicted to Porting
Adam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the rough

Device: iRex iLiad, Nokia 770, Samsung i760
You'll likely need to reflash it. Follow these instructions: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17343

You'll probably need to do a regular reflash first to get it to 2.10. Then backup all your internal data, then flash it with the format option, and then upgrade to 2.12.
Adam B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008, 05:35 PM   #3
stelpa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam B. View Post
You'll likely need to reflash it. Follow these instructions: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17343

You'll probably need to do a regular reflash first to get it to 2.10. Then backup all your internal data, then flash it with the format option, and then upgrade to 2.12.
ADAM, i tried 2 days before to download The "cf-card-contents.zip file from the attachments link on your MyiRex account page", but without success cause when i oppened the file i took a message..." The archive is either in unknown format or damage"

So, i dont have this file onto my iliad. I sent a ticet to irex. Hope to take an answer and maybe i send it to them to fix it.

Do u suggest anything else?
Old 03-30-2008, 05:38 PM   #4
stelpa

ADAM, i tried 2 days before to download The "cf-card-contents.zip file from the attachments link on your MyiRex account page", but without success cause when i oppened the file i took a message like "The file is either in unknown format or damage"

So, i dont have this file onto my iliad. I sent a ticket to irex. Hope to take an answer and maybe i send it to them to fix it.

Do u suggest anything else?
Old 03-30-2008, 07:20 PM   #5
Adam B.
Addicted to Porting
Adam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the rough

If you have winrar or winzip installed, try to open the file with that.

If not, download and install 7 Zip.
Old 03-31-2008, 07:24 AM   #6
stelpa

Quote:
If you have winrar or winzip installed, try to open the file with that.

If not, download and install 7 Zip.
I realised that and i did it. I used my usb stick to install the file. The probleb is that the screen is not clear. The battery is empty but on the screen there is the reboot image.....

Is necessary to use cf card or usb stick is ok? Can i unfreezed the screen?
Irex didnt answer me but maybe they do it later...
Old 03-31-2008, 10:13 AM   #7
Adam B.
Addicted to Porting

Follow the instructions in the reflash tutorial carefully. You need a CF card to reflash. Nothing else will work.
Old 03-31-2008, 10:35 AM   #8
stelpa

U right.... I used my cf and....the miracle happens. I already download the 2.12.
Thanks a lot m8...U really helped me.
Old 04-09-2008, 02:50 AM   #9
Redfox
aka Anne Lyle
Redfox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Redfox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Redfox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Redfox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Redfox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Redfox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Redfox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Redfox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Redfox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Redfox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Redfox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-600
I have exactly the same problem - the developer download froze my iLiad on a screen saying "-- Download Complete --" and now it's in an infinite reboot loop and I can't turn it off to reflash!

The annoying thing is, I recharged it yesterday afternoon so it's going to take ages for the battery to run down. I've taken the stylus out in case that helps, but otherwise I'm left staring at a rebooting iLiad for the next n hours

I have my CF card and the reflashing files at the ready - keeping my fingers crossed...
Redfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 04:48 AM   #10
godidog
Iliadist
godidog began at the beginning.

Device: Iliad (broken screen fixed after 3 months), Treo
There is a Reset button in the middle of the back of your Iliad.
godidog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 06:35 AM   #11
Redfox
aka Anne Lyle
Redfox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Redfox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Redfox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Redfox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Redfox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Redfox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Redfox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Redfox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Redfox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Redfox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Redfox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by godidog View Post
There is a Reset button in the middle of the back of your Iliad.
Uh, yeah, I know. Tried that. Several times.

All that happens is that the infinite boot loop starts again when I hit the power switch...

BTW, I can't seem to reflash the iLiad - I guess the developer kit didn't install properly. Does this mean I have to send it back to iRex for reflashing?
Old 04-09-2008, 07:35 AM   #12
Adam B.
Addicted to Porting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redfox View Post
Uh, yeah, I know. Tried that. Several times.

All that happens is that the infinite boot loop starts again when I hit the power switch...

BTW, I can't seem to reflash the iLiad - I guess the developer kit didn't install properly. Does this mean I have to send it back to iRex for reflashing?
Are you sure you're performing the reflash correctly? What happens when you hold the IDS button and power on your iLiad?

I doubt that it would cause enough problems to have the "rebooting" issue, but not install what's necessary for the reflash.
Old 04-09-2008, 07:35 AM   #13
godidog
Iliadist
godidog began at the beginning.

Device: Iliad (broken screen fixed after 3 months), Treo
Did you follow Adam's reflashing instructions above ?:

"
"
godidog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 07:56 AM   #14
Redfox
aka Anne Lyle

Quote:
Are you sure you're performing the reflash correctly? What happens when you hold the IDS button and power on your iLiad?
It reboots, then the screen goes white, then it reboots again, etc, etc, ad nauseam, just as it did before I attempted to reflash it. Basically it's not booting from the CF card when I hold down the Connect button. I've tried holding the button for different lengths of time - after a count of about 5 the screen stays white and then when I let go it starts the reboot loop again.
Old 04-09-2008, 08:12 AM   #15
Adam B.
Addicted to Porting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redfox View Post
It reboots, then the screen goes white, then it reboots again, etc, etc, ad nauseam, just as it did before I attempted to reflash it. Basically it's not booting from the CF card when I hold down the Connect button. I've tried holding the button for different lengths of time - after a count of about 5 the screen stays white and then when I let go it starts the reboot loop again.
If it flashes white, and reboots then the procedure for reflashing is installed correctly.

Likely the problem resides with the files on your CF card (or the card itself). Download and extract the CF card contents again, and make sure nothing is set to read only.