Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 05-21-2009, 10:31 PM   #1
wpk123
wpk123 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS700
Hello From Malaysia

Hello everyone

I've been a long time lurker but this is the first time to post anything. Been watching developments in eInk for a while now and it looks like the technology is sufficiently ripe to invest in my first ereader!

Admittedly using my iPhone/Stanza combination has been good but I find after a while of reading, my far-sight vision is gone. Plus it takes a toll on battery life. Having a whale of a time going through all the resources and information that's been posted here. Probably going to go for a Sony 505/700 but still looking.

Thanks very much for making available all this info.
wpk123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 10:48 PM   #2
Ervserver
Wizard
Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
Hello wpk123
Ervserver is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-22-2009, 01:34 AM   #3
GraceKrispy
It's Dr. Penguin now!
GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad mini, Samsung Note 3, Sony PRS-650 (rarely used now)
WElcome to the forum! I, personally, think the 505 is a brilliant choice! I'm not biased at all, either!

I hope you have fun gathering your information to help make the best decision
GraceKrispy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 01:37 AM   #4
Curly
I need a holiday!
Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: PRS-505, ipod touch
Welcome to MobileReadwpk123.

I have a 505 and I'm really happy with it (love it actually). It does get good battery life and it is much easier on the eyes than an iphone!

Do let us know what you choose.
Curly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 01:43 AM   #5
FizzyWater
You kids get off my lawn!
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2 and Libra H2O and half a dozen older models I can't let go of
Hi, and welcome to MobileRead!
FizzyWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-22-2009, 04:54 AM   #6
wpk123

Thanks for the very warm welcome. I know I'm going to like it here!

The only remaining thing to settle is where to buy the 505/700; I seem to have a choice of ebay, amazon or B&H. Any suggestions/recommendations?

PK
Old 05-22-2009, 05:21 AM   #7
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Terrima Kassei, wpk!
I bought my Sony 505 from B&H. Received it within a week of ordering it, despite the fact that they didn't have it in stock when I ordered! Perhaps Amazon won't ship it to you in KL... They wouldn't ship to me in Japan. Something about Sony trade agreements. I find the screen of the 505 easier on the eyes than that of the 700. Love everything about the 505! Can't put it down! When you order, instead of getting the Sony power cord, get a PSP charger at the Mid Valley MegaMall. Much cheaper and works just as well as the dedicated one! You can find a lot of good books to fill it with right here in MobilRead Forums too! Enjoy!

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 08:37 AM   #8
chinesealbumart
Enthusiast
chinesealbumart has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.chinesealbumart has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.chinesealbumart has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.chinesealbumart has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony PRS505
Hello pal. I am from Singapore !
chinesealbumart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 08:59 AM   #9
wpk123

Hello there,

didn't think there were many ereader users in this part of the world, but I'm sure glad to be wrong!

BTW, just bought the 700 from B&H (your testimony did it for me, Stitchawl!). Annotations are high on my desirable list

pk
Old 05-22-2009, 12:08 PM   #10
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi wpk123 and welcome to MobileRead. Be sure and let us know how you like your 700.
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote