Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 11-20-2008, 12:31 PM   #1
Juggle4Evr
Connoisseur
Juggle4Evr doesn't litterJuggle4Evr doesn't litter

Device: PRS-505, PRS-600, Cybook Opus
Reduce "black display" when turning page?

Hi,

I have just ordered my PRS-505 and I'm wondering whether it is possible to reduce the time the screen goes completely black when turning the page.
I have seen that in some review videos and think that will annoy me most.

Is there any software "hack" or something to reduce the "black" time or i.e. tell the device to go to black only each 5 or 10 pages?

I know that the "going black" is necessary to "reset" the screen pixels but maybe it's not really needed on every page turn?

Regards,
Juergen
Juggle4Evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 01:10 PM   #2
jaxx6166
Wizard
jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 350, iPad, PW
Honestly, the more you use the reader the less you notice the black. I just consider it the same thing as blinking after each page. To the best of my knowledge I don't even think there is something like that.

But once you get used to the reader, you hardly notice the black flash.
jaxx6166 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-20-2008, 05:02 PM   #3
dordale
Wizard
dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650 & 350; Kindle Voyage; Kobo Aura HD, Aura One, and Forma
I wouldn't be too concerned about it. For me, the screen turning black was a little distracting the first four or five times I turned a page. I quickly got used to it and don't even notice it anymore.

dordale
dordale is offline   Reply With Quote