Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 09-28-2008, 01:24 PM   #1
newscribe
Apprentice
newscribe began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
NEW FREE SCIENCE FICTION EBOOK OFFER, 100 copies only

I have recently released Olympus Prime: Return of the Titans. It is currently offered on Kindle. Being a new author, it's tough to break in to the eBook world and even tougher to get an agent (unless your writing a freaking vampire or romance novel) for a print book.

I have had several reviews from people I respect and they really like the book. To get my sales going on Amazon, I am offering a free copy of the book in PDF to the first 100 people requesting it in exchange for their pormise to post an honest review of the book on my Amazon book page (http://www.amazon.com/dp/B001FB6IL8)

It's a really good book for people who enjoy a good space opera! Please check out the first chapter at my website:

www.members.cox.net/jsmith56

I will email the PDF to the first 100 requests I get from my website.
Thanks and I look forward to hearing from you.
newscribe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008, 02:42 PM   #2
simond
Fanatic
simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, iPad, iPhone
That page doesn't display well on the iPhone I'm afraid!
simond is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-28-2008, 02:48 PM   #3
slayda
Retired & reading more!
slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1, iPad Air 2, iPhone 6S+, Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by newscribe View Post
I have recently released Olympus Prime: Return of the Titans. It is currently offered on Kindle. Being a new author, it's tough to break in to the eBook world and even tougher to get an agent (unless your writing a freaking vampire or romance novel) for a print book.

I have had several reviews from people I respect and they really like the book. To get my sales going on Amazon, I am offering a free copy of the book in PDF to the first 100 people requesting it in exchange for their pormise to post an honest review of the book on my Amazon book page (http://www.amazon.com/dp/B001FB6IL8)

It's a really good book for people who enjoy a good space opera! Please check out the first chapter at my website:

You website offers no way to request this book. Have 100 requests already come in?
slayda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008, 03:24 PM   #4
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:

Would it be possible to be in a more reflowable format that can either be read on some eink devices and easily converted to what other devices read. For example, the V3/BeBook can read DRM free LIT files and LIT is easily converted to LRF and Mobipocket. This would make the reading experience that much better then having to struggle with PDF.

For those of us not Kindle owners nor one of the first 100, is there any way we can get a copy that we can read in a reflowable format?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008, 03:25 PM   #5
newscribe
Apprentice

There should be a linkik on the left side of the page that says "Whant the book for free". Click on that and then on the new page towards the bottom you should see "Email Form"

Enter your name and email. It's working for others. And no, not close to 100 yet.

Thanks for your interest!

Jim
Advert
Old 09-28-2008, 04:22 PM   #6
Gibbo
Guru
Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Tab A (2019) - iPhone 11 - KA1 - Onyx Boox Nova Pro
The site doesn't show on FF only on IE
Gibbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008, 04:24 PM   #7
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
I see what the problems is, If you use IE, you can see all of the links on the left side. If you use FireFox, items are missing and the formatting is off.

Edit:Gibbo beat me to it.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008, 04:25 PM   #8
Lemurion
eReader
Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Note 5; PW3; Nook HD+; ChuWi Hi12; iPad
I sent off the request, it looks very interesting. Unfortunately the link only shows up in Internet Explorer, not Firefox or Google Chrome. Since I never use IE unless I absolutely have to I would never have found it if I hadn't known it was there.
Lemurion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008, 04:25 PM   #9
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibbo View Post
The site doesn't show on FF only on IE
You are right. It looks awful in Firefox.
Old 09-28-2008, 05:10 PM   #10
UKHaiku
Enthusiast
UKHaiku doesn't litterUKHaiku doesn't litter

Device: Sony Reader - PRS-505
IE Tab to the rescue...

I previewed the first chapter (or at least as far as the introduction), but don't think this is one for me...

I do thank Jim for making the offer of 100 free copies though - very generous, and a great way to get some exposure to the wider public...
UKHaiku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008, 05:13 PM   #11
newscribe
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
You are right. It looks awful in Firefox.

Yeah, used miscrosoft publisher for the webpage and it sucks. Firefox doesn't like it and publisher really isn't a good solution. If I sell some books and make some money I'll get a real program making a website.

Should have used my wife's computer and her apps. She has a fully loaded MAC Book Pro. She smiles and shakes her head every day as I threathen to take a hammer to my PC and it's Microfsoft torture-ware applications.
Old 09-28-2008, 05:18 PM   #12
Gibbo
Guru
Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Tab A (2019) - iPhone 11 - KA1 - Onyx Boox Nova Pro
Quote:
Yeah, used miscrosoft publisher for the webpage and it sucks. Firefox doesn't like it and publisher really isn't a good solution. If I sell some books and make some money I'll get a real program making a website.

Should have used my wife's computer and her apps. She has a fully loaded MAC Book Pro. She smiles and shakes her head every day as I threathen to take a hammer to my PC and it's Microfsoft torture-ware applications.
Why don't you put a 'tip jar' on your site who knows maybe someone might donate a few $$$
Gibbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008, 05:18 PM   #13
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

WHat you may find is people using Firefox will go to your website and just leave. They won't switch to IE to view it. So if you want to sell more content, you'd be best to fix it like now.
Old 09-28-2008, 05:19 PM   #14
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibbo View Post
Why don't you put a 'tip jar' on your site who knows maybe someone might donate a few $$$
People running Firefox won't don't to a site that's broken (IMHO).
Old 09-28-2008, 05:28 PM   #15
newscribe
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
People running Firefox won't don't to a site that's broken (IMHO).
Yeah, it's all a function of time and money, but I hear ya.

But if anyone wants the book in PDF from me just email me at jsmith56@cox.net and I'll sen it to you. Just give me an honest review on my Amazon site http://www.amazon.com/dp/B001FB6IL8 in exchange.

Hopefully you won't hold the lousy website against me

Jim