Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 07-16-2011, 01:51 AM   #1
timpearson26
Enthusiast
timpearson26 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timpearson26 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timpearson26 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timpearson26 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timpearson26 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timpearson26 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timpearson26 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timpearson26 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timpearson26 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timpearson26 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timpearson26 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ipad
$1 for a Kindle book special offer, which one did u buy?

Wow, over 3000 books to choose from. Which ones did you guys get. How is the 'Hunger Games' trilogy, worth looking at? Its the first one on the list so I guess that means it has the best/most reviews.
timpearson26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 01:55 AM   #2
shibamistress
Groupie
shibamistress ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shibamistress ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shibamistress ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shibamistress ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shibamistress ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shibamistress ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shibamistress ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shibamistress ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shibamistress ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shibamistress ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shibamistress ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KSO (3G), Nook Color, android apps
I liked the Hunger Games series well enough, though I thought they were kind of poorly written, but I'm a writing teacher, so I'm particular about that. Worth reading, though.

I got Rick Steve's guidebook to Germany since I'm going to Germany at the end of the month. I would have bought one anyway and was glad to get it for a buck!
shibamistress is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-16-2011, 02:18 AM   #3
timpearson26
Enthusiast
timpearson26 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timpearson26 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timpearson26 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timpearson26 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timpearson26 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timpearson26 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timpearson26 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timpearson26 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timpearson26 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timpearson26 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timpearson26 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Nice finding a book you would have bought anyway for full price. I remember my parents used to swear by Rick Steeves, remember him having good books.
Old 07-16-2011, 11:22 AM   #4
pidgeon92
Wizard
pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, Kindle Voyage, Kindle DXG, Boox M90, Kobo Aura HD
Is this offer on the KSO?
pidgeon92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 11:56 AM   #5
Jowi
Connoisseur
Jowi makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneJowi makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneJowi makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneJowi makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneJowi makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneJowi makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneJowi makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneJowi makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneJowi makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneJowi makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneJowi makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplane

Device: iPod Touch 5g, Kindle PW, iPad 3
I got 2 - I share an Amazon account with my niece, who also has the KSO. I wanted to get 2 books we'd both read. I chose Water for Elephants and Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children.

Hunger games was pretty good - the second was OK. I haven't gotten through the 3rd because, IMO, it sucks, but maybe sometime I'll finish it
Jowi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-16-2011, 01:55 PM   #6
Harry_Y
Addict
Harry_Y ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harry_Y ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harry_Y ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harry_Y ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harry_Y ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harry_Y ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harry_Y ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harry_Y ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harry_Y ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harry_Y ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harry_Y ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kindle DX, Galaxy Tab 2
Where did you find this offer?
Harry_Y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 02:12 PM   #7
odiakkoh
Guru
odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 5s
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry_Y View Post
Where did you find this offer?
Offered on Kindles with special offers (KSO).

OP: I got The Lightning Thief by Rick Riordan for my brother. He had #3 and #4 already, I bought #5 last week with KSO's "buy a book with a visa and get $10 credit" so all I need is another deal to buy #2 lol.
odiakkoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 04:30 PM   #8
shibamistress
Groupie
shibamistress ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shibamistress ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shibamistress ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shibamistress ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shibamistress ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shibamistress ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shibamistress ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shibamistress ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shibamistress ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shibamistress ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shibamistress ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

and I'm glad I bought the book I did for a $1 because I'd be pissed if I'd paid full price for it as it doesn't cover many cities in Germany, including ones I'm going to. Sigh. But for a buck I feel ok about it!
Old 07-16-2011, 06:21 PM   #9
DuskyRose
Guru
DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Palma, Kdle Scribe & Paperwhite, Kobo Eclipsa 2e & Libra 2, Ipads
I got "Johnathan Strange & Mr. Norrell" by Susanna Clarke. I'd been thinking of picking it up. Hope it's at least worth a $1.
DuskyRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 07:20 PM   #10
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
I've pre-ordered Salvatore's next book (and may order a cookbook or two, with the two others on the account). I've been wanting Bittman's monster tome, but would not pay the nearly $20 asked, when I had his app on my iphone/ipad for free).
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 11:51 PM   #11
SteveK
Addict
SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, PW2, Kindle3, Kobo Glo, tablets, phone
I purchased "What Hath God Wrought", a volume in the Oxford US History series. However, it appears I was charged full price ($9.99). I wrote to Amazon requesting a credit of $8.99, and they instead sent me a credit of $1. I immediately contacted them again and explained that I should have been charged only $1 for the book, so why I was I only credited $1? I was very specific in my original email, yet somehow they apparently interpreted it that a $1 savings was not applied.

I am beginning to be skeptical of the special offers from Amazon, as it seems they are frequently mishandled. It's beginning to seem like it's more aggravation than it's worth.

SteveK
SteveK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 11:57 PM   #12
odiakkoh
Guru
odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 5s
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveK View Post
I purchased "What Hath God Wrought", a volume in the Oxford US History series. However, it appears I was charged full price ($9.99). I wrote to Amazon requesting a credit of $8.99, and they instead sent me a credit of $1. I immediately contacted them again and explained that I should have been charged only $1 for the book, so why I was I only credited $1? I was very specific in my original email, yet somehow they apparently interpreted it that a $1 savings was not applied.
I am beginning to be skeptical of the special offers from Amazon, as it seems they are frequently mishandled. It's beginning to seem like it's more aggravation than it's worth.
SteveK
Amazon reps dont seem to understand special offers. Less frustration if you think of it as speaking to a 2yr old. Keep it simple and to the point. My "give me a refund" comment got me further than a full blown explaination.
odiakkoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 12:30 AM   #13
shibamistress
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by odiakkoh View Post
Amazon reps dont seem to understand special offers. Less frustration if you think of it as speaking to a 2yr old. Keep it simple and to the point. My "give me a refund" comment got me further than a full blown explaination.
Yeah, they really don't get it. They told me they would refund me the $ for a book I didn't want, but they took one I did want instead. When I explained the problem they refunded me the $1 (it was my dollar book they took) and told me they would give me a credit for the full price to rebuy it, but the credit has yet to show up, so I'm not thrilled with them right now.

When the special offers work, they're great, but if you need help with them, it's hard to explain what you need.
Old 07-17-2011, 02:43 AM   #14
timpearson26
Enthusiast

thanks for the recommendations. I was looking at the book 'the Giver' . Might pick that one up, looks pretty good.

Tim
Old 07-17-2011, 03:25 AM   #15
twowheels
Wizard
twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, iPad Pro 10", iPhone 15 Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jowi View Post
Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children.
I was going to get this... how well did it work on the small screen? Or, did you read it on the PC? It says optimized for larger screens like the DX or the PC.
twowheels is offline   Reply With Quote