Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 12-14-2010, 01:20 AM   #16
taustin
Wizard
taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook
Quote:
Originally Posted by tootie View Post
Or, maybe your a shill for B&N. Right now, I am unimpressed.
With an attitude like that, I'd just as soon you returned it, and left us alone.

You might have a defective unit. It happens to everybody. Deal with it.
taustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 02:31 AM   #17
lene1949
Wizard
lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle paper white
How old do you have to be to be 'elderly'...???
lene1949 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-14-2010, 03:30 AM   #18
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by lene1949 View Post
How old do you have to be to be 'elderly'...???
Over 50
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 04:01 AM   #19
jhempel24
Wizard
jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle Paperwhite, B&N Nook Colro
Wow, this is a funny thread, ask help, get help, call people shrew...it's an electronic device, it's going to fail sometimes....it's the nature of the beast, ignorance is no excuse.

What happened when my battery started to drain within 24 hours of being on standby??

*picks up phone and calls B&N Support

Hello sir what's your problem?
My battery is dying within 24 hours of being on standby.
Oh my, that is a problem, lets' try this...remove the battery hold the power to help discharge anything, and replace after 10 minutes. Replace the battery, let it charge fullly, if it dosn't work call back.
*call back
Hello sir, yes I see you have had problems, no worries, we'll send you out a new battery.

Simple and took less than 3 days to get a new battery. In the meantime, I just used my nook on charge.

I understand that if you don't know what you are doing it can be confusing, but bashing it before you have any sort of knowledge is really silly

Last edited by jhempel24; 12-14-2010 at 04:06 AM.
jhempel24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 06:05 AM   #20
GreenMonkey
DRM hater
GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook ST glow, Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by taustin View Post
With an attitude like that, I'd just as soon you returned it, and left us alone.

You might have a defective unit. It happens to everybody. Deal with it.
Yes. No kidding. Every company makes a faulty device once in a while. Exchange it. How hard is that?

My first nook wouldn't charge. I had to drive back into town (24 miles roundtrip) to exchange it at B&N. The next one was bulletproof. It happens.
GreenMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-14-2010, 06:59 AM   #21
Kymmmm
Connoisseur
Kymmmm has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Kymmmm has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Kymmmm has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Kymmmm has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Nook Color and Simple Touch
All true but I hope to heavens it doesn't happen to me. I don't know how many thousands of k's it is to the nearest replace/repairer.

Kym
Kymmmm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 08:29 AM   #22
AndyfromVA
Zealot
AndyfromVA ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndyfromVA ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndyfromVA ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndyfromVA ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndyfromVA ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndyfromVA ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndyfromVA ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndyfromVA ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndyfromVA ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndyfromVA ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndyfromVA ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook 1E, K3, K4, Paperwhite 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by tootie View Post
>>My experience with my e-reader devices is that they'll freeze up every now and then. Fortunately, I have patience and know-how to get through it. <<

Complete BS, me thinks. I feel sorry for you that "...my experience ...e-reader devices is that they'll freeze up every now and then..." It's not 1989, these are specific purpose devices, in a very competitive market. And I KNOW my way around just about any device; my mom, not so. The Nook is not ready for prime time. It works, or it is a paper weight, nothing in between. Patience has nothing to do with it. "Fortunately"? your tone smells like someone who won't admit they bought a dog.

Anyone who thinks this is acceptable, and thinks "...removing batteries, resetting to the older OS version, etc..." doesn't understand the market for a device like this.

Or, maybe your a shill for B&N. Right now, I am unimpressed.

Let's see how B&N responds before I deliver the verdict.
T.
Your mistake was in buying an inappropriate gift for your Mom. Electronic devices like the Nook are meant for people who either have some technical knowledge themselves or who have a tech person in their family. I'm no tech geek but I can solve 95% of all tech problems with ereaders, cell phones, computers etc. by myself, searching online or calling the manufacturer. My wife, on the other hand, has no interest in this and no patience to deal with problems. If I weren't around she'd have no tech items in the house whatsoever.

BTW we are both in our 60's so age has nothing to do with it.
AndyfromVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 10:09 AM   #23
RAH
Guru
RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Color Nook; Nook Touch
Sounds like a troll to me, or at the very least a very rude person! Wow.

Also, I see 2 posts from the same person about the same topic. Why is that?

Last edited by RAH; 12-14-2010 at 10:13 AM.
RAH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 11:09 AM   #24
Care
Aes Sedai
Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.

Device: Kobo Aura and Kobo Mini, had a Nook, NOOKcolor, Nook STR.
At least it is only a reader and you can return it. Like others have said, electronic devices fail. There are lots of lemons out there. I had a brand new car that was a lemon. It didn't have problems until the winter and then it was in the dealer getting fixed every other week. Be lucky it's something so small and easy to replace and it's failing won't kill or injure anybody.
Care is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dead, mistake, no power, version 1.5, white screen