Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 12-24-2012, 04:52 PM   #1
bcgirl
Groupie
bcgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bcgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bcgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bcgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bcgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bcgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bcgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bcgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bcgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bcgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bcgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad2-64gb, Sony PRS-T1, KOBO mini
Transfer/convert books to Sony ereader

Lately I got some books for free, one is a ePub (kobo) that a friend sent me.i always buy kobo books and download them without a problem. She sent me .epub attachment that I can open in iBooks or kobo on my ipad2. But not on my Sony PRS-T1. How do I transfer /open it on my Sony ereader? Also I downloaded a free book from amazon (Kindle) same problem, can I read this on my Sony too?
bcgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 09:18 PM   #2
Ravensknight
Serpent Rider
Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 350; Nook STR; Oasis
welcome to the wonderful world of DRM and the format wars...
Ravensknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 10:06 PM   #3
bcgirl
Groupie
bcgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bcgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bcgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bcgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bcgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bcgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bcgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bcgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bcgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bcgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bcgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad2-64gb, Sony PRS-T1, KOBO mini
Guess nobody knows the answer. Well, I figured it out. With the Sony reader software I was able to import the book and it works fine!
Don't know about the Amazon books, but maybe I will figure that out too!

Last edited by bcgirl; 12-25-2012 at 10:16 PM.
bcgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 10:19 PM   #4
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Have you downloaded and installed Calibre on your computer? It's a free program that can convert most any file into one specifically formated for your reader. It installs itself, and starts with an easy to use set-up where you tell it what reader your using, then it's just hit the button that says 'add a book,' then tell it where the book is in your computer, and when it's loaded it, hit the button that says 'convert the book' (or something reasonably similar.) When that's finished doing its thing, hit the button that says 'send to device.' Then end. (There is an entire sub-forum here just for Calibre, and the creator, Kovid Goyal, hangs out there. Questions answered quickly by knowledgeable people.)
If you WANT to change the title, or add tags or notes, there is an 'Edit Metadata' button you can play with. Actually, there are LOTS of things you 'can' do if you 'want' to, but don't HAVE to... You can make it as simple as three well-marked buttons. But...

... if the files are DRM'd, it won't work. And we are not permitted to discus how to remove the locks here. There are other free programs for that. You'll have to look that up on-line. Have fun!

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 09:22 AM   #5
bla
E bookworm
bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS T1,Android Tablet, I phone
If you can open it on your i=pad then it's not a drm problem... one of the <sarcasm on> benefits of drm is that it stops you sharing stuff and although e-pub is supposed to be a standard unfortunately various vendors have got it set up that their devices will only read their version of e-pub... that is why , as already suggested you get and install calibre which will allow you to convert almost anything to something else
bla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 05:57 PM   #6
FizzyWater
You kids get off my lawn!
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2 and Libra H2O and half a dozen older models I can't let go of
With the help of Apprentice Alf....
FizzyWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2016, 06:14 PM   #7
Jasmine5279
Jasmine5279 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-900
I bought a book from Amazon and downloaded it to my iPhone 6. I would like to transfer that to my Sony Reader but do not know how to go about it. Can anyone help me with this in an easy way>
Jasmine5279 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2016, 07:49 PM   #8
Hemmi
Grand Sorcerer
Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sonys, Nooks, Kobo Libra, Forma, Mini, Paperwhite
You need to install Kindle4PC on your computer and download your ebook that way. Then, you'll need Calibre with the de-DRM tools. Import book into Calibre and they you can convert it to EPUB and sideload to your Sony.

As mentioned above (4 years ago), Apprentice Alf's blog will have links to the de-DRM tools you will need.
Hemmi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2016, 02:36 AM   #9
Ghitulescu
Fanatic
Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1
Talking Yes, we do

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcgirl View Post
Guess nobody knows the answer.
Everyone knows the answer but nobody knows what you did and didn't work.

Just drag and drop from windows any epub onto the Sony and it will be recognized if the epub is correct.

If it has DRM then you have to register your Sony or un DRM the book.

Because it's so simple, people thought the book might have been DRMed.
Ghitulescu is offline   Reply With Quote