Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 07-18-2008, 11:25 PM   #106
jerryleejr
Koby-rific!
jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kobo Sage,Kobo Aura One, Glo HD,PRS-T1,PRS-950, PRS 300, PRS 350
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post
JJ, is that you?? Tell me......do YOU think I'm pretty? With my new ears?
I think your ears are lovely, They match your eyes!!

[QUOTE=desertgrandma;217434]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerryleejr View Post
Oh I like that can I use it Ricky???

Whatever you are doing, where ever your are? Its seriously interfering with you keeping up.. Cats get headaches when they have to read thru so much malarky.
DG you just dont understand, The Duck sees all and Knows all, I cant' get away!!! Make the Bad Duck Stop!!!!
jerryleejr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008, 11:28 PM   #107
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
I'm just sitting here, minding my own business. I just finished watching the first 2 acts of the Dr. Horrible.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008, 11:30 PM   #108
jerryleejr
Koby-rific!
jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Quote:
Originally Posted by daffy4u View Post
I'm just sitting here, minding my own business. I just finished watching the first 2 acts of the Dr. Horrible.
See, Now your watching documentaries on how to torment me, I must resist, but I like ducks No snap out of it man! As pshrynk would say Resistance is futile. The Duck WINS!!

JJ
Old 07-18-2008, 11:30 PM   #109
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
See, JJ? She SAID she was just sitting there minding her own business. Would she lie? Ducks can't lie.......their feathers fall out.......
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008, 11:35 PM   #110
jerryleejr
Koby-rific!

Quote:
See, JJ? She SAID she was just sitting there minding her own business. Would she lie? Ducks can't lie.......their feathers fall out.......
Then she is probably sitting there a naked duck!

JJ
Oh so Going to Mobile read HELL!
Old 07-18-2008, 11:36 PM   #111
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerryleejr View Post
Then she is probably sitting there a naked duck!

JJ
Oh so Going to Mobile read HELL!
I'm telling!
Old 07-18-2008, 11:41 PM   #112
jerryleejr
Koby-rific!

Quote:
I'm telling!
Oh believe me she already knows, Probably has Diet Coke coming out of her nose as I type!!

JJ
Old 07-18-2008, 11:43 PM   #113
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
I'll come back after you guys have had your naps.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008, 11:43 PM   #114
jerryleejr
Koby-rific!

Quote:
But I just got up! Is it nap time already?? Really I think DG just needs her meds, DG check your little box is the one for Friday Empty???
Old 07-18-2008, 11:44 PM   #115
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....

Quote:
or.......bleah!
Old 07-19-2008, 10:12 AM   #116
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!
RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.

Device: Kindle and iPad
Quote:
Really? You aren't shiteing me? I envy people who have family histories. I have none other than knowing my grandparents were from the Nashville area. so sad. No names, no history. Oh, my mom did like to use to tell me her grandmother was a Cherokee princess. Usually while she was drinking. Like 90% of the people claiming partial indian heritage today don't say the same thing......
Oh, hell, DG .... I can go back to about the year 100 for family history. However, it's a long single root at that point rather than a big bunch of them.

Cerdic, King of the West Saxons is my (100th??) great grandfather;
William the Conquerer is my (50th??) great grandfather

I lose my direct royal descent at Edward III, however .... such a pity.

I was really excited when I found out I was actually the descendant of a king!! Whoooo hooo!! Then, I did the math. I realized I've got about as much genetic material from William the Conquerer as I do with the next stranger I meet on the street.

In fact ... approximately 25 percent of English people living today are descendants of William the Conquerer. They just can't prove it .... I can.

I've got a PDF of my family tree ... it was created in about 1930 and sits in one of the family homes, Woodlawn Plantation, in Alexandria, Virginia. The really odd part is that they have my mother down as a son ... but ... we can't all be perfect.

My mother was a Lewis ... of that wonderful family that gave us Meriweather Lewis of the Lewis and Clark expedition. We're also descendants of the Warners of Warner Hall ... which makes me a sixth (??) cousin of the current Queen of England. Sadly, cousin Liz has never once invited me to Balmoral for the Christmas holidays.

But no .... I'm not kidding about any of it. It's just my family history. Those are my relatives ... both recent and distant. I find it interesting ... it makes history, as a subject, more personal. However, sometimes it bothers me that every damn king in my direct line is portrayed as a homicidal looney.

Ah ... such is life.

Back in the 70s, when I was working as a clerk at UCLA Medical Center, I worked with a guy named Al Freeman. He was/is black, and the last name is pretty much a dead giveaway that he is descended from slaves in at least one line.

So, "Roots" came out, and Al got all excited about trying to trace his lineage. He came into work one day looking like the cat that got the cream. So happy.

He told me that he had actually found the ship the carried his ancestor over to America (as slave cargo). AND ... that he had been sold to a plantation owner that had KEPT all of his family until the Civil War!!

The name of that plantation?? Woodlawn in Alexandria.

I said, "Ummmm, Al?"

"Yes"

"I don't know how else to say this ... but, my family owned your family."

Then, I took him out for a steak dinner, we had a good laugh (about how our families would probably be rolling over in their graves if they saw us laughing over dinner). And .... we sort of put the whole nasty slavery thingie behind us and got on with our friendship.

I lost track of Al after I left UCLA. Nice guy.

Last edited by RickyMaveety; 07-19-2008 at 10:14 AM.
RickyMaveety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2008, 11:23 AM   #117
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!
RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.

DG .... found this photo I thought you might enjoy. It's the inside of the church that was founded by my grandfather in 1911. I think this one place is the reason I have always loved religious art and architecture, even years and years after I left the faith.

I still go by there from time to time, although the old rectory and my aunt's house were both torn down for the 10 freeway.
Old 07-20-2008, 06:27 PM   #118
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!

Ack .... I almost forgot!!

DG, you asked me about my relatives ... well, here's an interesting tid bit that I only recently found out about.

My aunt ... the one who was an actress in NY ... well she was also the model for most of the cover art on the "Miss Seeton" mysteries in paperback.

I had no idea until I was going through the library for another one of my aunts who had recently died. She mostly had hardback books ... and most of those were about art or history (or the history of art). But, then there was this one row of maybe 9 or 10 paperbacks. I looked at those and thought they looked out of place to say the least. Then I looked at the covers, and realized my aunt had bought and kept these books because that was her sister's face on the cover.

The ones I specifically remember using my aunt were "Odds on Miss Seeton," "Hands up Miss Seeton," "Miss Seeton by Moonlight," "Miss Seeton Plants Suspicion," and "Starring Miss Seeton."

I never actually read any of them. I think I just scanned the covers and gave the actual books to my sister. But, I may have to see about reading some of them ...

The ones with my aunt all seem to have a little umbrella over the title plate, but some of them don't look as much like my aunt as the ones I've listed. On those books it is so very clearly Abby Lewis that was used as the model.

Tags
duck!