Notices

Old 10-06-2010, 10:39 PM   #31
Labrat
Sony and Nook Fan
Labrat began at the beginning.

Device: Nook HD, Nook HD+, Nook Simple Touch with Glow Light, Kobo Minis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squirsier View Post
The Apple 5v USB (ie, for iPods) charger works fine too.

Mine doesn't! However, the charger for my Motorola Bluetooth headset H680 does work! I'm glad, I didn't want to buy another charger!
Labrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 10:43 PM   #32
Squirsier
Addict
Squirsier juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseSquirsier juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseSquirsier juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseSquirsier juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseSquirsier juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseSquirsier juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseSquirsier juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseSquirsier juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseSquirsier juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseSquirsier juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseSquirsier juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercise

Device: Sony: PRS-300, PRS-350. Kobo: Aura v2, Clara HD, Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Labrat View Post
Mine doesn't! However, the charger for my Motorola Bluetooth headset H680 does work! I'm glad, I didn't want to buy another charger!
Yes, apparently the iPod Charger model I have is an older one - seems like the newer ones don't work
Squirsier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 10:46 PM   #33
Labrat
Sony and Nook Fan
Labrat began at the beginning.

Device: Nook HD, Nook HD+, Nook Simple Touch with Glow Light, Kobo Minis
Quote:
Yes, apparently the iPod Charger model I have is an older one - seems like the newer ones don't work
That's really weird because all of the Apple chargers (and no name chargers) work on the iPhone and iPod but not on the Sony. Oh, well, a pin difference, I guess.
Labrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 09:14 AM   #34
SmartyPants
Zealot
SmartyPants began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW
my Apple charger works too. Its a few years old though.
SmartyPants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 02:16 PM   #35
Romiman
Connoisseur
Romiman can illuminate an eclipseRomiman can illuminate an eclipseRomiman can illuminate an eclipseRomiman can illuminate an eclipseRomiman can illuminate an eclipseRomiman can illuminate an eclipseRomiman can illuminate an eclipseRomiman can illuminate an eclipseRomiman can illuminate an eclipseRomiman can illuminate an eclipseRomiman can illuminate an eclipse

Device: Sony PRS-350
Exclamation General USB-Charger doesn´t work to the PRS-350!

Now my PRS-350 has arrived.
My first try to charge it with an standard USB-Charger failed (like expected!).
So I ordered a Blackbarry-Charger an charged the Reader with a running Computer. After almost 3 hours it displayed "charging complete".
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	PRS_350 001.jpg
Views:	243
Size:	39.2 KB
ID:	59674  
Romiman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 03:27 AM   #36
MaxLV
Connoisseur
MaxLV is no e-book dilettante.MaxLV is no e-book dilettante.MaxLV is no e-book dilettante.MaxLV is no e-book dilettante.MaxLV is no e-book dilettante.MaxLV is no e-book dilettante.MaxLV is no e-book dilettante.MaxLV is no e-book dilettante.MaxLV is no e-book dilettante.MaxLV is no e-book dilettante.MaxLV is no e-book dilettante.

Device: Sony PRS650
Quote:
The Apple 5v USB (ie, for iPods) charger works fine too.
Depends on the model number.
My iPod/iPod Touch charger model number A1102 with the Sony micro USB cable or a generic micro USB cable will NOT charge my 650.

I also have a cheap USB charger, and that wont charge the 650 either. (tried with both cables)

Not a biggy though as I have had just over three weeks usage (reading 5-7 hours a day) from the initial charge before the battery dropped to 3 bars...

Thats with a 4GB SD card permanently installed and loaded with all the books.
MaxLV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 12:16 AM   #37
zmix
Connoisseur
zmix began at the beginning.

Device: none
I used the charger that was INCLUDED with the Kindle 3 I bought for my girlfriend... It worked perfectly...
zmix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 09:47 AM   #38
Romiman
Connoisseur
Romiman can illuminate an eclipseRomiman can illuminate an eclipseRomiman can illuminate an eclipseRomiman can illuminate an eclipseRomiman can illuminate an eclipseRomiman can illuminate an eclipseRomiman can illuminate an eclipseRomiman can illuminate an eclipseRomiman can illuminate an eclipseRomiman can illuminate an eclipseRomiman can illuminate an eclipse

Device: Sony PRS-350
Blackberry Charger für Sony PRS 350

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romiman View Post
... ordered a Blackbarry-Charger...
It has arrived.

And it works.

(At ebay.de it is sold as a Charger for
"BLACKBERRY 9500 Storm Micro USB")

In opposite to charging on the Computer, it is possible to read on while charging with the Blackberry-Charger.
(Just the red LED shines, and the battery-symbol changes.)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Reader_Lader.jpg
Views:	249
Size:	83.5 KB
ID:	59847  
Romiman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 10:05 AM   #39
astra
The Introvert
astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-650 & 505 & 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Romiman View Post
It has arrived.

And it works.

(At ebay.de it is sold as a Charger for
"BLACKBERRY 9500 Storm Micro USB")

In opposite to charging on the Computer, it is possible to read on while charging with the Blackberry-Charger.
(Just the red LED shines, and the battery-symbol changes.)
Thanks for the confirmation.
Put it into bookmarks.
astra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 07:44 PM   #40
mlewis78
Guru
mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2 (7"); HDX 8.9"; Ipad2
I just received my Sony PRS-350 today. I'm charging with the computer, because the USB plugs I have from IFrogz and Amazon Kindle3 don't work. I used the Sony connection that came with the Sony and plugged into each of the IFrogz and K3. The IFrogz connection gives me a reading on the screen "stopped charging" and the K3 one does nothing -- keeps me on the home page and list of books.

Charging with USB to laptop is VERY SLOW! Why didn't they include a charger plug?

The IFrogz charger works with Nook and other items that I charge (except for an Ipod Nano 4th gen).
mlewis78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 09:30 PM   #41
elcreative
Wizard
elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS505, 600, 350, 650, Nexus 7, Note III, iPad 4 etc
All reports say that the K3 charger works... the whole point of the external charger is that it doesn't lock the machine up with a charging message, it allows you to read and charge at the same time... look at the battery indicator when it's plugged in, it'll probably have a little lightning bolt at the side as well as the red light coming on on the top...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlewis78 View Post
The IFrogz connection gives me a reading on the screen "stopped charging" and the K3 one does nothing -- keeps me on the home page and list of books.
elcreative is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 10:08 PM   #42
GlenBarrington
Cheese Whiz
GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Samsung Tab A 10.1(2019), Pixel 6a.
The 350 doesn't NEED a charger

I've found the 350 to recharge rather quickly with USB. Idon't feel the need for a separate charger at all.
GlenBarrington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 01:37 AM   #43
mlewis78
Guru
mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2 (7"); HDX 8.9"; Ipad2
Quote:
Originally Posted by GlenBarrington View Post
I've found the 350 to recharge rather quickly with USB. Idon't feel the need for a separate charger at all.
Turns out it wasn't so bad after all. I should have just gotten away from the computer to keep from eyeing the Sony charge so much.
mlewis78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 06:27 PM   #44
Karlos
Karlos began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-650
I tried a universal USB car charger of Philips with no success.
Karlos is offline   Reply With Quote