Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 01-16-2013, 05:25 PM   #1
sunny1z
Enthusiast
sunny1z has a spectacular aura aboutsunny1z has a spectacular aura aboutsunny1z has a spectacular aura aboutsunny1z has a spectacular aura aboutsunny1z has a spectacular aura aboutsunny1z has a spectacular aura aboutsunny1z has a spectacular aura aboutsunny1z has a spectacular aura aboutsunny1z has a spectacular aura aboutsunny1z has a spectacular aura aboutsunny1z has a spectacular aura about

Device: Kobo Glo
Font change has no effect on the screen

Hello,

I noticed that on my glow, that a change of font does not seem to have any effect in the display of the text. While changing space between the lines can be seen at once on the screen.

Does it happen with you? Or is it ePub related?

Thank you for any advice
sunny1z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 06:04 PM   #2
robko
Wizard
robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
What firmware version are you on? Pre firmware 2.3.1 some e-pubs had formatting specified formatting in them that Kobo didn't over-ride. Is this on all epubs or just some? Try a random epub from Project Gutenberg and see if it works on it. If it does, then it's likely the epub that's the issue.
robko is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-17-2013, 03:03 AM   #3
sunny1z
Enthusiast
sunny1z has a spectacular aura aboutsunny1z has a spectacular aura aboutsunny1z has a spectacular aura aboutsunny1z has a spectacular aura aboutsunny1z has a spectacular aura aboutsunny1z has a spectacular aura aboutsunny1z has a spectacular aura aboutsunny1z has a spectacular aura aboutsunny1z has a spectacular aura aboutsunny1z has a spectacular aura aboutsunny1z has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by robko View Post
What firmware version are you on? Pre firmware 2.3.1 some e-pubs had formatting specified formatting in them that Kobo didn't over-ride. Is this on all epubs or just some? Try a random epub from Project Gutenberg and see if it works on it. If it does, then it's likely the epub that's the issue.
I opened another epub and that one worked.. I read somewhere about epub and fixed font sizes.. but when I looked in Sigil.. I see everywhere these 'em' values like so:

ul, ol { margin:0em; padding:0em; }

.P_plat {
font-family: Times,serif;
font-size: 0.92em;
text-align: justify;
margin-top: 0.00em;
margin-bottom: 0.00em;
margin-left: 0.00em;
margin-right: 0.00em;
text-indent: 0.00em;
}

.P_kop {
font-family: Times,serif;
font-size: 1.58em;
text-align: center;
margin-top: 0.00em;
margin-bottom: 0.00em;
margin-left: 0.00em;
margin-right: 0.00em;
text-indent: 0.00em;
Old 01-17-2013, 04:24 AM   #4
MikeB1972
Gnu
MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook,JetBook Lite,PRS-300-350-505-650,+ran out of space to type
'em' should be adjustable 'pt' is fixed, the individual files may not be linked to the css correctly though (or there may be settings in the individual files overriding the css).
MikeB1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 06:21 AM   #5
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunny1z View Post
I noticed that on my glow, that a change of font does not seem to have any effect in the display of the text....
By 'change of font' do you mean font-face, font-size or both?

The reason changing the Kobo Font Face setting has no effect with this epub is these lines in the css
font-family: Times,serif;.
You need to remove them. The Kobo won't know what Times is so will default to serif. For some reason, on a Kobo, this means using the 'Document Default' font which is a Georgia variation.

I see nothing in your attached css which should stop the font-size slider working, although it's possible that you have something in the body css which is causing the problem.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-17-2013, 07:33 AM   #6
sunny1z
Enthusiast

I only tried the font type. I removed the complete line as you mentioned. will tomorrow.
Hope it'll be okay this way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie_w View Post
By 'change of font' do you mean font-face, font-size or both?

The reason changing the Kobo Font Face setting has no effect with this epub is these lines in the css
font-family: Times,serif;.
You need to remove them. The Kobo won't know what Times is so will default to serif. For some reason, on a Kobo, this means using the 'Document Default' font which is a Georgia variation.

I see nothing in your attached css which should stop the font-size slider working, although it's possible that you have something in the body css which is causing the problem.