Notices

Old 06-12-2008, 04:40 AM   #1
AndyCapon
Enthusiast
AndyCapon began at the beginning.

Device: Cybook & iLiad
Battery Life

Hi Guys,

Overall I am very impressed with my iLiad, it beats my cybook in all ways apart from size and battery life.

With the cybook I had to charge once a week, with the Iliad once or twice a day!

What sort of battery life do you guys get?

Cheers

Andy
AndyCapon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 04:48 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
If you're just using it for reading, you should get a battery life anywhere between about 10h and 15h. If you use WiFi and/or the stylus a lot, that can drop drastically. Make sure that you leave the stylus in its slot when you're not using it - that powers off the touch-screen.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-12-2008, 07:36 AM   #3
AndyCapon
Enthusiast

Hi Harry,

Thanks for the reply.

Mines going dead in about 4-5 hours but I am using the stylus quite a bit and the wireless to transfer files.

I will see how it goes when I have everything downloaded and am not playing around so much.

All the best

Andy
Old 06-12-2008, 08:40 AM   #4
daudi
Addict
daudi has learned how to read e-booksdaudi has learned how to read e-booksdaudi has learned how to read e-booksdaudi has learned how to read e-booksdaudi has learned how to read e-booksdaudi has learned how to read e-booksdaudi has learned how to read e-booksdaudi has learned how to read e-books

Device: iRex iLiad, Psion 5MX, nokia n800
iRex recommends that you cycle the battery 4 or 5 times to get the most of out it. I recommend charging it fully then just leaving it on doing absolutely nothing for a day (hard to do with a new toy!). If you get less than 10 hours doing this then you could have a battery problem.
daudi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2008, 04:09 AM   #5
AndyCapon
Enthusiast

Hi,

Reading pdf files yesterday I only got about 4 hours, no wireless was used and the stylus only a couple of times.

I am out for the day today so the iLiad is fully charged and on, lets see if it still is when I get home.

Cheers

Andy
Advert
Old 06-16-2008, 12:01 AM   #6
frimbob
frimbob began at the beginning.

Device: I-Rex
I find with PDF files such as text-books that batter life is round 5 hours, The constant screen re-fresh drains the battery quickly, When I am reading an novel I am able to archive the 10hour mark quiet easily.
frimbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 02:32 AM   #7
AndyCapon
Enthusiast

Yep, I think I agree. The battery lasts a long time if I don't use it but reading PDf file I get 4 to 5 hours from it.

Shame really, especially as it doesn't charge over usb which means I have to carry around the charger.

Cheers

Andy
Old 06-16-2008, 03:35 AM   #8
DigiDirk
Connoisseur
DigiDirk doesn't litterDigiDirk doesn't litter

Device: iLiad
For me this sounds like one of the two batteries is faulty.

You really should get 10(+) hours out of it. Double time.
I do. At least after the battery upgrade I was enlisted to.

If you can live without it for a while.. raise a ticket and send it back!

My two (Euro) cents.

Dirk
DigiDirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 11:32 AM   #9
Shaggy
Wizard
Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iRex iLiad, DR800SG
I get a little over 12 hours reading a PDF on my v1 iLiad (no wireless, no stylus, no memory card). If you're only getting 4-5 hours, then I'd contact tech support. It sounds like you have a bad battery. If that's the case, they'll probably replace it under warranty.
Shaggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 10:18 PM   #10
joblack
Wizard
joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox Tab X
In my experience a USB stick leechs the power very quickly. I hadn´t the problem with an 8 GB CF card. Anyway - I´m around 8 hours ...
joblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 03:31 PM   #11
joblack
Wizard
joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox Tab X
If tested it with doing nothing (just displaying one picture). I come around 17 hours. If you switch pages often it decreases the time.
joblack is offline   Reply With Quote