Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 01-18-2008, 10:23 AM   #1
Just4Fun
Enthusiast
Just4Fun began at the beginning.

Device: Amazon Kindle/iphone/ipad/Pocket Entourage/MacBook/Windows
New Arrivals(Books) on Amazon Kindle

Did anyone else who bought a Kindle just get the email advertisement from Amazon that updated owners on the new books available for the Kindle? I like the idea of being informed about the new additions by email instead of having to wade through the store every few days.

The advertisement that was accompanied with pictures of the new items:

"As a Kindle owner, we thought you'd like to know what's new in the Kindle Store, where we're adding books, blogs, and newspapers every day."

I also noticed that the Kindle editions of books are now being listed in the hard back book section--just like the paperbacks, and audio books. I like that too. It seems like things are evolving. Amazon is really working on this. Let's hope it continues.
Just4Fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 10:57 AM   #2
KlondikeGeoff
Wombat Aficionado
KlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enough

Device: Fire, Kindle1, Sony PRS-500 Reader, Rocket 1100 eBook
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just4Fun View Post
Did anyone else who bought a Kindle just get the email advertisement from Amazon that updated owners on the new books available for the Kindle? I like the idea of being informed about the new additions by email instead of having to wade through the store every few days.
I agree, that's a very helpful thing. Sony has been doing it for quite a while for the Reader, so glad Amazon caught up.
KlondikeGeoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-18-2008, 10:58 AM   #3
Kingston
Addict
Kingston has learned how to read e-booksKingston has learned how to read e-booksKingston has learned how to read e-booksKingston has learned how to read e-booksKingston has learned how to read e-booksKingston has learned how to read e-booksKingston has learned how to read e-books

Device: Kindle, Iliad v2 & v1,Gen 3 from NAEB, Sony PRS-505, Jetbook
I got that email too. I didn't see much that I hadn't found on my own.

Jan at Kindlereader has some easy to follow instructions on how to look for new items. Scroll to bottom.

http://kindlereader.blogspot.com/
Kingston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 12:39 PM   #4
Ervserver
Wizard
Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
are these updates coming over the Kindle or to your computer?
Ervserver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 06:33 PM   #5
TallMomof2
Kindlephilia
TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count
Updates coming via email.
TallMomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-18-2008, 08:28 PM   #6
crusader666
Enthusiast
crusader666 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505; EB-1150
I haven't received one e-mail from Sony regarding new eBooks, even after specifically signing up to be notified for dozens of authors. Unfortunately, Sony has been lackluster on many fronts when it comes to the PRS-505, at least from my vantage point since November.
crusader666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2008, 05:49 AM   #7
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by KlondikeGeoff View Post
I agree, that's a very helpful thing. Sony has been doing it for quite a while for the Reader, so glad Amazon caught up.
Fictionwise do it too. You can specify what type of books, or what authors, interest you, and they send you a weekly announcement of appropriate new books.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2008, 09:41 PM   #8
Just4Fun
Enthusiast
Just4Fun began at the beginning.

Device: Amazon Kindle/iphone/ipad/Pocket Entourage/MacBook/Windows
Kingston:
Thanks for that link. It is a great site with lots of information.
Just4Fun is offline   Reply With Quote