Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 06-26-2008, 04:45 PM   #1
moosejons_dad
Zealot
moosejons_dad began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Readers PRS-500 exchanged by Sony for PRS-600, PRS-505,IPAD3,mini
Question-Calibre and Prs-500

I have been using Calibre's latest editon 4.73 and find that I cannot send any books or newspapers directly to the reading or device category. Has anyone been able to send directly to the device and if so other than highlighting the document and double clicking send to device, what did you do? I am using the PRS-500 Sony Reader.

Thanks in advance.
moosejons_dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 04:32 AM   #2
grimo1re
Geekette
grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Sony Reader PRS500, PocketBook 360
I have the same problem. Am using version 0.4.77 (Windows) with a PRS-500 and it won't recognize it. Tried the suggestions here, and on the Calibre download page but nuttin'. Think I'll get back to using Sony's crappy stuff. *sigh*.
grimo1re is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 12:30 PM   #3
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
what error do you get?
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 06:23 AM   #4
grimo1re
Geekette
grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

None, it just won't find the reader and allow me to send stuff to it.
Old 07-20-2008, 04:33 AM   #5
grimo1re
Geekette

Update: I've finally gotten it to work. I uninstalled everything Sony related (even though I thought I already had...I was determined this time to get it to work!) and uninstalled Calibre. Rebooted, reinstalled Calibre and this time it worked! Jay! I must have left something Sony in the last time I tried it...dunno. Either way it works and I'm loving it!