Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 11-25-2010, 07:34 PM   #1
mish
Addict
mish ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mish ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mish ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mish ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mish ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mish ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mish ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mish ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mish ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mish ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mish ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-350, Kindle 2
upgrading questions

I have 6.47 version of Calibre and want to upgrade to latest version. I think I have to delete my current version first before downloading the new version (at least that is what it tells me to do).

What happens to all my books in Calibre if I do this? Will they automatically be added to the new version or do I have to do something to save this data?
mish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 09:36 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by mish View Post
I have 6.47 version of Calibre and want to upgrade to latest version. I think I have to delete my current version first before downloading the new version (at least that is what it tells me to do).

What happens to all my books in Calibre if I do this? Will they automatically be added to the new version or do I have to do something to save this data?
6.47 IS NOT older than 6.17 (Windows). A simple install (upgrades) will do.

In any case, your library is left behind on a un-install.

If you do choose to un-install:
Do remember where it was, so you can tell the new version where to find it.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-26-2010, 09:53 AM   #3
mish
Addict
mish ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mish ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mish ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mish ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mish ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mish ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mish ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mish ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mish ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mish ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mish ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-350, Kindle 2
Thanks, I must have read it too fast and didn't notice the minor version number. I'll give it a try.
mish is offline   Reply With Quote