Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 06-12-2010, 04:22 AM   #16
mike_bike_kite
Digitally confused
mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW, K2i, Nexus 7 32gb, Kobo Mini
That site looks good but it doesn't appear to be connected to Asus in any way. I guess it was set up by some enterprising individual with a hope of earning some commission. I posted a question to them and nothings come back so I presume they have as much info as we do
mike_bike_kite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 10:06 AM   #17
gastan
Addict
gastan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gastan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gastan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gastan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gastan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gastan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gastan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gastan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gastan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gastan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gastan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: LePan II, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike_bike_kite View Post
That site looks good but it doesn't appear to be connected to Asus in any way.
Yeah. It uses freeware WordPress software and the domain is registered thru GoDaddy by Domains by Proxy, Inc., none of which sounds like something a big company like Asus would use. I wonder if Asus knows that their name and product is being used like this.
gastan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-23-2010, 11:37 AM   #18
jsambrook
jsambrook began at the beginning.

Device: Asus DR-9[05]0
Smile New news

I asked a couple of days back, and their current (!) plans are for an October release.
jsambrook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 07:16 AM   #19
AdamV
*Censored*
AdamV can self-interpret dreams as they happen.AdamV can self-interpret dreams as they happen.AdamV can self-interpret dreams as they happen.AdamV can self-interpret dreams as they happen.AdamV can self-interpret dreams as they happen.AdamV can self-interpret dreams as they happen.AdamV can self-interpret dreams as they happen.AdamV can self-interpret dreams as they happen.AdamV can self-interpret dreams as they happen.AdamV can self-interpret dreams as they happen.AdamV can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: Kobo Aura HD (brown), Asus DR 900
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsambrook View Post
I asked a couple of days back, and their current (!) plans are for an October release.
that would be really great... since they haven't give any official updates till today since earlier this year and b/c of the rumours around inet, i was worried that the project has been cancelled and I will not get my hands on my fav reader so far

btw, who did you ask about the updates? I was trying to reach us offices 2 weeks ago but they forwarded my request to local branch and they responded something like "it will be out when it will be"
AdamV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 08:34 AM   #20
Geppetto
Addict
Geppetto will become famous soon enoughGeppetto will become famous soon enoughGeppetto will become famous soon enoughGeppetto will become famous soon enoughGeppetto will become famous soon enoughGeppetto will become famous soon enoughGeppetto will become famous soon enough

Device: Sony PRS600, Cybook, Hanvon N520, Sony PRS300, Onyx Boox, Kindle 3
Did they show it at IFA2010 in Berlin this/last week? If they didn't, the only logical conclusion is that they withdrew it.
Geppetto is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-06-2010, 09:17 AM   #21
AdamV
*Censored*
AdamV can self-interpret dreams as they happen.AdamV can self-interpret dreams as they happen.AdamV can self-interpret dreams as they happen.AdamV can self-interpret dreams as they happen.AdamV can self-interpret dreams as they happen.AdamV can self-interpret dreams as they happen.AdamV can self-interpret dreams as they happen.AdamV can self-interpret dreams as they happen.AdamV can self-interpret dreams as they happen.AdamV can self-interpret dreams as they happen.AdamV can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: Kobo Aura HD (brown), Asus DR 900
I am not sure Asus was supposed to be there at all...
AdamV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 07:09 PM   #22
Flipster
Flipster began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-650
ASUS this month?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsambrook View Post
Hi all, I asked the same question 04-09-2010 at 01:27. Got the following reply on 06-09-2010 11:48:

Dear Phil

September in PC World.

Kindest Regards,

ASUSTeK UK

I hope my info is more up to date than yours jsambrook because I don't know about you, but I feel as though I've been waiting since forever! I shall be keeping a very close eye on PC World that's for sure!
Flipster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 04:29 AM   #23
scheichxodox
Zealot
scheichxodox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scheichxodox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scheichxodox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scheichxodox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scheichxodox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scheichxodox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scheichxodox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scheichxodox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scheichxodox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scheichxodox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scheichxodox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi
Since many Sipix devices are actually shipping or are shortly before shipping it seems really possible that the DR-900 will be announced this month and will be released the next month. Right now the Sipix devices seem to cost less (I'm referring to the Thalia Oyo with 139 Euro for 6") than the E-Ink devices. So maybe we really will see a price point around 300 Euro for the 9" Asus?

What interests me now more than ever, are the Sipix screens based on glas or plastic substrate? Plastic would be a major advantage to the E-Ink screens, since E-Ink plastic screens will not be released until next summer.
scheichxodox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 03:10 PM   #24
jsambrook
jsambrook began at the beginning.

Device: Asus DR-9[05]0
My response was dated 23/08/2010, and as you can see below I was corresponding with their UK arm.

> Dear Jonathan
>
> According to latest schedule, our Eee Reader will be available in Oct.
>
> Kindest Regards,
>
> ASUSTeK UK
jsambrook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 03:51 PM   #25
hansokumake
hansokumake will become famous soon enoughhansokumake will become famous soon enoughhansokumake will become famous soon enoughhansokumake will become famous soon enoughhansokumake will become famous soon enoughhansokumake will become famous soon enough

Device: none
new info
hansokumake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 08:10 PM   #26
Dulin's Books
Wizard
Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox PB360 etc etc etc
thank you for the link.
Dulin's Books is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 03:07 AM   #27
Geppetto
Addict
Geppetto will become famous soon enoughGeppetto will become famous soon enoughGeppetto will become famous soon enoughGeppetto will become famous soon enoughGeppetto will become famous soon enoughGeppetto will become famous soon enoughGeppetto will become famous soon enough

Device: Sony PRS600, Cybook, Hanvon N520, Sony PRS300, Onyx Boox, Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by hansokumake View Post
This is quite strange to me. How can a handwriting recognition be possible without a stylus?

Last edited by Geppetto; 09-26-2010 at 03:10 AM.
Geppetto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 09:18 AM   #28
scheichxodox
Zealot
scheichxodox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scheichxodox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scheichxodox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scheichxodox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scheichxodox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scheichxodox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scheichxodox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scheichxodox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scheichxodox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scheichxodox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scheichxodox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flipster View Post
September in PC World.
Not really going to happen, isn't it?
scheichxodox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 12:28 PM   #29
macminer
Connoisseur
macminer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.macminer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.macminer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.macminer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.macminer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.macminer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.macminer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.macminer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.macminer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.macminer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.macminer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Nova 3, Lenovo Tab 4 8" (formerly many others)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geppetto View Post
This is quite strange to me. How can a handwriting recognition be possible without a stylus?
I am using a handwriting recognition system on my Android phone with a capacitive screen - without a stylus and it works fine. The software is actually a Palm Grafitti clone, so if someone (as me) used to have a Palm PDA, there is virtually no learning curve, just install and go!

The only problem is that the screen is getting really greasy! It seems that "smearing" on the screen with Grafitti gestures leaves much more grease than typical Android clicks and gestures. /
macminer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 05:52 PM   #30
Flipster
Flipster began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by scheichxodox View Post
Not really going to happen, isn't it?
Doesn't look like it does it. Good job I wasn't holding my breath!
Flipster is offline   Reply With Quote