Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 08-31-2012, 11:04 AM   #46
realracer2
realracer2 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.realracer2 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.realracer2 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.realracer2 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by TongueTied View Post
Anyway, who has ever hear of a "paperwhite"? "White paper" yes, but I've also heard (and seen) red paper, green paper, yellow paper, even pink paper (I really don't like this kind since utility companies like to send bills using it).
I have heard of paperwhites, they are flowers.
realracer2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 11:04 AM   #47
scheichxodox
Zealot
scheichxodox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scheichxodox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scheichxodox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scheichxodox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scheichxodox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scheichxodox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scheichxodox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scheichxodox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scheichxodox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scheichxodox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scheichxodox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi
Quote:
Originally Posted by dukesilver View Post
How did you all survive before e-readers? moving your fingers to turn paper books must have been a nightmare for you guys.
This is kind of a first world problem. But why should I take one step backward, if I already have an ereader with page turn buttons that fits perfectly?
scheichxodox is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-31-2012, 11:06 AM   #48
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by realracer2 View Post
I have heard of paperwhites, they are flowers.
Indeed. A variety of Narcissus, I believe.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 11:12 AM   #49
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirmaru View Post
Moderator: since this thread is not in the Kindle sections, most Kindle users will definitely miss this. I have never looked in this part of the Forums in the past.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
You should venture out more.
What Kenny said. There be critters and stuff out here, like cats and monkeys and bananas.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 11:16 AM   #50
Penforhire
Wizard
Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage & iPhone 7+
I would be keenly interested in any screen improvement plus lighting. The battery life sounds too good to be true. Wait and see, eh?

I do like having both buttons and touch in my PRS-650 but I could live without the buttons for a screen, battery, and lighting improvement. I lug my Sony LED light/case everywhere and it adds weight & bulk.
Penforhire is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-31-2012, 11:26 AM   #51
markbot
Guru
markbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle Paperwhite 2
Quote:
At least it says "front-lit"
They made a different mistake. It's 8 weeks, not 8 hours.
markbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 11:28 AM   #52
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by markbot View Post
They made a different mistake. It's 8 weeks, not 8 hours.
They think it's a tablet
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 11:49 AM   #53
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
They think it's a tablet
Maybe it is.
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 11:49 AM   #54
Barty
doofus
Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Voyage
Hmm, I may finally have a reason to upgrade my k3. I hope improved contrast comes from the screen, not from the light when on, because from what I hear, having the light diffuser decreases contrast when light is off, which is how I read most of the time
Barty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 11:54 AM   #55
Namekuseijin
affordable chipmunk
Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony XPeria ZL, Kindle Paperwhite
BTW, Amazon was rumoured to come to my country this September or October. It sadly now slipped well into july 2013 or something. I was very eager to buy a kindle, but couldn't hold it any longer: today's my birthday and I ordered a few days ago an iriver Story instead. It's available here and very cheap now thanks both to its age and not much success, luckly for me.

Soon enough, my days of backlit LCD alone are over.
Namekuseijin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 11:55 AM   #56
ucfgrad93
Wizard
ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2nd Gen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barty View Post
Hmm, I may finally have a reason to upgrade my k3. I hope improved contrast comes from the screen, not from the light when on, because from what I hear, having the light diffuser decreases contrast when light is off, which is how I read most of the time
I've seen the Nook Glowlight with the light turned off and to me it looks fine. If there is a decrease in contrast it is negligible in my opinion.
ucfgrad93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 11:58 AM   #57
Namekuseijin
affordable chipmunk
Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scheichxodox View Post
This is kind of a first world problem. But why should I take one step backward, if I already have an ereader with page turn buttons that fits perfectly?
but tapping on the screen requires even less muscular effort than pressing a button!
Old 08-31-2012, 11:59 AM   #58
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Namekuseijin View Post
BTW, Amazon was rumoured to come to my country this September or October. It sadly now slipped well into july 2013 or something. I was very eager to buy a kindle, but couldn't hold it any longer: today's my birthday and I ordered a few days ago an iriver Story instead. It's available here and very cheap now thanks both to its age and not much success, luckly for me.

Soon enough, my days of backlit LCD alone are over.
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 12:00 PM   #59
Namekuseijin
affordable chipmunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirmaru View Post
Moderator: since this thread is not in the Kindle sections, most Kindle users will definitely miss this. I have never looked in this part of the Forums in the past.
well, clearly you never cared for News before. Welcome!
Old 08-31-2012, 12:03 PM   #60
Namekuseijin
affordable chipmunk

Quote:
it was the incessant chorus here, man. I couldn't shake it off my head.