Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 10-05-2011, 06:53 AM   #1
bookmeal
Connoisseur
bookmeal once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.bookmeal once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.bookmeal once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.bookmeal once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.bookmeal once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.bookmeal once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.bookmeal once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.bookmeal once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.bookmeal once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.bookmeal once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.bookmeal once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: benQ
What's your favorite posture & location when you are reading?

What's your favorite posture & location when you are reading?

Do you.....
Sit on the sofa,
Sleep sit on the sofa
Seriously sit in front of your desk
um....in the bathroom while.......(natural calling)

Me. In the comfort of my bed with blanket, esp in cold weather
bookmeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 07:00 AM   #2
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Depends.

In general: any place where I can curl up. I don't want to sit in a straight chair, where I can't put my feet under my butt. So, the couch, bed, bathtub, hammock, even a lounge chair.

But I'll read whenever I can, even standing up if I must
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-05-2011, 07:05 AM   #3
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
In bed, up against three pillows. Or on my back on a towel on the beach using the book to block out the sun (or flipped over and using my own head to shadow the book ).
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 10:48 AM   #4
HomeInMyShoes
Grand Sorcerer
HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
The favourite is in bed, with two pillows behind. Followed closely by lying on the couch with a good pillow behind and then sitting on the patio with my feet up on another chair.
HomeInMyShoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 11:00 AM   #5
Rob Lister
Fanatic
Rob Lister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rob Lister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rob Lister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rob Lister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rob Lister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rob Lister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rob Lister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rob Lister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rob Lister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rob Lister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rob Lister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
On my smoking porch, when weather permits.
Rob Lister is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-05-2011, 11:16 AM   #6
5thWiggle
Benevolent Evil Lord
5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Note 8.0, Galaxy Note, iPad Mini, PocketEdge(retired)
1 (defence mode) - in a La-Z-Boy rocker/recliner with the footrest up and tilted back, with my wife's old Boppy (breastfeeding pillow) used as a wall to discourage kids and dogs from spontaniously leaping into my lap. Said jumping usually results in knees/elbows/paws being forced into my gut hard enough to cause coffee spewing all over: a)me, b)my reader, and c)the jumper.

2 (surrender mode) - in a king-sized bed, propped up by pillows, more pillows under my knees, reader on stomach. One child nestled on the right side, other on the left, dog on my feet (having been booted out the prime spots by the kids).

Mode 1 is more comfy than mode 2 where there is no coffee , feet go to sleep , and I never get to read what I want to read

Somehow, I just seem to enjoy mode 2 more

Last edited by 5thWiggle; 10-05-2011 at 11:17 AM. Reason: explaining "Boppy"
5thWiggle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 01:26 PM   #7
beppe
Grand Sorcerer
beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle3, Ipod4, IPad2
On the train, on the metro, on the plane.
At home, mostly sitting at a table. Outside under the wisteria there is a stone table. And shelter from the rain.
Inside on the kitchen table.
When I have an afternoon free, on a chaise long in the garden, under a tree.

Never in bed. When I put my head on the pillow I faint.
beppe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 01:50 PM   #8
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
In my recliner, with the foot rest up to stretch out my legs - to support up to 3 cats fighting for lap space with my Kindle. All blood flow to my feet is usually lost within 30 minutes or so.
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 03:14 PM   #9
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear_nc View Post
In my recliner, with the foot rest up to stretch out my legs - to support up to 3 cats fighting for lap space with my Kindle. All blood flow to my feet is usually lost within 30 minutes or so.
Sounds like it's a family affair Poohbear.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 03:16 PM   #10
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
Usually I either lie on my bed (supported by several pillows or sometimes I sit at a particular booth in the local restaurant I frequent. I use my book stand that I bought from Amazon then.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 04:55 PM   #11
phenomshel
ZCD BombShel
phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, STB Kindle Oasis
Love the description "sleep-sit on the couch" because that's what usually happens. I get comfortable, I read three pages, and I'm OUT. No wonder my reading progress has slowed down so much lately...
phenomshel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 05:17 PM   #12
Stephen_Melling
Stephen_Melling
Stephen_Melling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stephen_Melling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stephen_Melling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stephen_Melling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stephen_Melling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stephen_Melling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stephen_Melling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stephen_Melling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stephen_Melling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stephen_Melling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stephen_Melling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
Bathroom's always a fave. Reading in bed's another. All-time fave has to be sitting in the early morning sunshine on a day off.
Stephen_Melling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 06:48 PM   #13
Angst
Cannon Fodder
Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-350, Kindle DX, Kindle Paperwhite
In a hammock, in the Sierra Mountains.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG00030.jpg
Views:	199
Size:	766.9 KB
ID:	77381  
Angst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 11:02 AM   #14
TDF
Enthusiast
TDF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TDF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TDF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TDF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TDF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TDF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TDF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TDF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TDF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TDF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TDF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox M92, Sony PRS-505 (mostly RIP)
Usually either on the bed or in a chair with my feet up on the desk (although I've fallen over way too many times because I tend to lean back too much...). Recently I've been favoring just sitting on the floor for some reason.
TDF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 08:01 PM   #15
Nyssa
Series Addict
Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (2nd Gen)
Usually in bed, as it is the most comfortable and least cluttered area in my house (when the cats aren't in there). If not bed, then either sitting, curled up in the corner of the sofa or laying out straight on the sofa.

I've always wanted a comfy window seat, though. It just seems like the perfect "Curl up with a good book" type spot.
Nyssa is offline   Reply With Quote