Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 11-01-2008, 08:10 AM   #1
rheostaticsfan
Zealot
rheostaticsfan will become famous soon enoughrheostaticsfan will become famous soon enoughrheostaticsfan will become famous soon enoughrheostaticsfan will become famous soon enoughrheostaticsfan will become famous soon enoughrheostaticsfan will become famous soon enough

Device: kindle, iOS, Blackberry, Sony DPT (pdfs)
battery question (I let it drain really badly)

So I somehow forgot to turn off my Cybook last time I was reading. Then I went on to read TWO pbooks (at least one week elapsed time). Needless to say when I opened up my cybook cover this morning it was dead as a dodo still displaying the page I was on in my ebook.

I plugged it in and about 1/2 hour later there's still no light from the LED and the reset button seems to do nothing and my computer didn't beep to acknowledge it now sees a mass storage device.

Is this reason to be worried? Should I just be patient? There's no indication that it actually is charging...
rheostaticsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2008, 08:14 AM   #2
pthwaite
Fanatic
pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: DR1000S Sony PRS505 iPad iPhone
Hit the reset button & then plug it in again & it should recover.
pthwaite is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-01-2008, 08:16 AM   #3
rheostaticsfan
Zealot
rheostaticsfan will become famous soon enoughrheostaticsfan will become famous soon enoughrheostaticsfan will become famous soon enoughrheostaticsfan will become famous soon enoughrheostaticsfan will become famous soon enoughrheostaticsfan will become famous soon enough

I tried that and the reset button seemed to do nothing at all either.

That'll teach me to let the battery get so low.
Old 11-01-2008, 08:22 AM   #4
pthwaite
Fanatic
pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

I'd give it another go, leave it plugged in for an hour, hit the reset & see what happens. Usually the batteries will recover but Li batteries shouldn't really be deep discharged else they can die. It may also help if you have a wall charger, some computer usb ports deliver a lower current output than others, I think the min is about 100mA & the usual 500mA. A USB wall charger would be best in your circumstances at present.
Old 11-01-2008, 08:41 AM   #5
rheostaticsfan
Zealot

Thanks for the suggestion. Using a wall charger made the difference. I'm very relieved.
Advert
Old 11-01-2008, 03:21 PM   #6
pthwaite
Fanatic

To coin a phrase, "well wicked"