Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 11-12-2010, 09:51 PM   #1
Kahlolily
Kahlolily began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Having problems with my Kindle...

I was given a Kindle for my birthday over 6 weeks ago and I can not download anything on to it. Anyone else having these sort of issues...already went to amazon for input and they replaced the Kindle due to issues but I still can't get any books even though I have purchased 2. They are on my PC but somehow they can't make it into my Kindle.

Last edited by Kahlolily; 11-12-2010 at 09:55 PM.
Kahlolily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 09:53 PM   #2
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Welcome to MobileRead, Kahlolily

When you say "they are on my pc" do you mean you downloaded them to Kindle4PC?

You need to go back to your account, sign in, go to your kindle content, and download the book directly to your kindle....

Here's a page you might find helpful.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/custom...deId=200503360

You can even download the users guide and 'read along'...
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-12-2010, 09:57 PM   #3
Kahlolily
Kahlolily began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Thank you for the Welcome. I don't have WiFi and yes...they are on the Kindle 4 PC and the amazon rep just walked me through all the steps I needed to do while I was on my cell and still I can't read the books on the Kindle. I am very frustrated and I have gone to Starbucks, McDonald's and other free WiFi spots but no matter where I go it will not let me access the network. The amazon rep recommended a router for WiFi but I really can't afford it right now. I feel so bad for the person who gave me the gift plus the 2 books.

Last edited by Kahlolily; 11-12-2010 at 10:01 PM.
Kahlolily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 10:49 PM   #4
Sandra Edwards
Queen of Procrastination
Sandra Edwards once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sandra Edwards once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sandra Edwards once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sandra Edwards once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sandra Edwards once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sandra Edwards once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sandra Edwards once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sandra Edwards once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sandra Edwards once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sandra Edwards once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sandra Edwards once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: K2, K3, Fire
Welcome to MR.

Your Kindle came with a cable that you can attach to your computer and download that way. Have you tried that?

Sandy
Sandra Edwards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 11:47 PM   #5
Ervserver
Wizard
Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
did you eat a sandwich while at McDonalds?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kahlolily View Post
Thank you for the Welcome. I don't have WiFi and yes...they are on the Kindle 4 PC and the amazon rep just walked me through all the steps I needed to do while I was on my cell and still I can't read the books on the Kindle. I am very frustrated and I have gone to Starbucks, McDonald's and other free WiFi spots but no matter where I go it will not let me access the network. The amazon rep recommended a router for WiFi but I really can't afford it right now. I feel so bad for the person who gave me the gift plus the 2 books.
Ervserver is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-12-2010, 11:51 PM   #6
ImogenRose
PORTAL
ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1, Kindle 3 (3G), iPhone
Hello and welcome to MR!

Imogen
ImogenRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 04:08 AM   #7
neilmarr
neilmarr
neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony
Good to have your company, Kahlolily.

Have you tried uploading Mobi files of the books you want into some library software or merely to your desktop and uploading to your Kindle with a USB cable?

If you want to experiment, pop into the bookstore section of our website (linked below), and email me with a couple of titles that catch your eye. I'll send them to you as email attachments in Kindle's Mobi format with out compliments in hopes that the system works for you.

Good luck and best wishes. Neil -- ntmarrATbewrite.net (but use the @ sign, of course)
neilmarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 04:15 AM   #8
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW

Welcome to mobileread ....
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 05:37 AM   #9
desertblues
Home for the moment
desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: various
Welcome to Mobile Read from The Netherlands. Hope your problem with the Kindle will soon be over.
desertblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 11:39 AM   #10
happy_terd
Banned
happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS 420
Hello and welcome to MR!!!
happy_terd is offline   Reply With Quote