Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 02-05-2009, 03:51 PM   #1
billbarrowbush
billbarrowbush began at the beginning.

Device: prs 505
Red face PRS 505 Battery. USB charging and all that

Hi

I got my new Sony 505 yesterday. I managed to load the software, copy across the library and sync - all good stuff - in about an hour. Then things stopped. My screen 'froze' with just the menu showing and no matter what I did (I tried 2 PCs) the screen wouldn't change. the PRS would not switch on and I couldn't get it to shut down - all whilst the red light was on......
I paid a visit to the store today. They used a mains - USB charger and hey presto - switched on (and off) though the battery indicator was showing 'dead'.....
I bought a mains-USB charger plug and my unit is now sitting charging - BUT -after a full 2 hours, maybe more, there doesn't appear to be any sign of life in the battery. I struggle to get the unit to switch on - holding for 5, 10, 15 seconds and when it does fire up, it straight away shuts down.
Its incredibnly frusterating.
Has any body got any tips as to how I can charge - and how long it takes - and how lon the charge then lasts - I was expecting days not minutes....
thanks
Newtothegame
Bill
billbarrowbush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 04:03 PM   #2
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Silly question, I'm sure, but you aren't trying to turn on the power while it is still connected, are you?
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-05-2009, 04:04 PM   #3
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
It shouldn't take 2 hours to get some life into it. Sounds defective.
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 04:48 PM   #4
Curly
I need a holiday!
Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: PRS-505, ipod touch
Mine came 3/4 charged and fairly quickly charged fully through the USB port. Yours does indeed sound defective.
Curly is offline   Reply With Quote