Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old 11-20-2013, 03:57 AM   #811
xping
Connoisseur
xping has learned how to read e-booksxping has learned how to read e-booksxping has learned how to read e-booksxping has learned how to read e-booksxping has learned how to read e-booksxping has learned how to read e-booksxping has learned how to read e-books

Device: kobo aura hd, kobo mini, Sony prs-t3
Smile Small guide "koreader installation on aura hd"

Quote:
Originally Posted by xping View Post
I just installed it a few days ago. It is easy if you follow step by step procedure.

Send an email to my address xping@libero.it and I will replay with full detailed step by step procedure I used.
In attachment a pdf with a small guide to installation of koreader on kobo aura hd. I followed those steps and all went ok. Hope it will be useful to someone. Sorry if there are errors. Please notify me.

thx

KOBO AURA HD Firmware 2.10.0 (6180f632e1)
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Rookie's Koreader installation guide for Kobo Aura HD.pdf (434.0 KB, 231 views)
xping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 06:46 AM   #812
Markismus
Guru
Markismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicing

Device: Cracked HiSenseA5ProCC, Cracked OnyxNotePro, Note5, Kobo Glo, Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by jiminrussell View Post
I managed to get a book open by pretending the files were listed right to left rather than top to bottom but very difficult to select the right folder and book this way. And going to the next page is a swipe up on the screen and to go back is a swipe down so I can get a book open now and read and even managed to change the font.
Great! I managed to open a book now, too. Appearently, not only are the coordinates swapped, but they are inverted, too.

Assuming x=y=0 is in the upper left corner. Trying to select things on the diagonal running from upper left corner to 2/3 down the side to the right does not work. If x and y are swapped this should work.
Assuming x=y=0 is in the upper right corner. Tapping the x in the history popup doesn't work. If x and y are swapped this should work.

The x for history popup is in the upper right corner. You have to press to the left 2/3 from the top (due to the difference in resolution for the width of the screen.)
The first directory is in the upper left corner. You have to press on the right 2/3 from the top to select it.

Obviously you cannot select anything with the bottom third of the screen, since the screen is not wide enough, nor can you select anything on the bottom of the screen, since there is not enough screen width.

So the top of the screen is located at twothirds down. And the right and left are switched. A simple swapping of the coordinates won't work. It seems rather x_new=(max_width-y).
Markismus is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-20-2013, 06:50 AM   #813
giorgio130
Time Waster
giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo and Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Markismus View Post
Great! I managed to open a book now, too. Appearently, not only are the coordinates swapped, but they are inverted, too.

Assuming x=y=0 is in the upper left corner. Trying to select things on the diagonal running from upper left corner to 2/3 down the side to the right does not work. If x and y are swapped this should work.
Assuming x=y=0 is in the upper right corner. Tapping the x in the history popup doesn't work. If x and y are swapped this should work.

The x for history popup is in the upper right corner. You have to press to the left 2/3 from the top (due to the difference in resolution for the width of the screen.)
The first directory is in the upper left corner. You have to press on the right 2/3 from the top to select it.

Obviously you cannot select anything with the bottom third of the screen, since the screen is not wide enough, nor can you select anything on the bottom of the screen, since there is not enough screen width.

So the top of the screen is located at twothirds down. And the right and left are switched. A simple swapping of the coordinates won't work. It seems rather x_new=(max_width-y).
I've posted here https://github.com/koreader/koreader/pull/362
some things you could try... if you have time please report the results
giorgio130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 07:03 AM   #814
Markismus
Guru
Markismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicing

Quote:
Originally Posted by giorgio130 View Post
I've posted here https://github.com/koreader/koreader/pull/362
some things you could try... if you have time please report the results
Allright. So I have 3 positions for changes:
  1. lines 27&28
  2. Lines 33&34
  3. line 324

This generates as set of 8 possibilities. Could I leave line 324 as you added to it, reducing the set to 4? Can I leave lines 27&28 as they are, reducing the exercise to 1 try?
Old 11-20-2013, 07:19 AM   #815
Markismus
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by xping View Post
In attachment a pdf with a small guide to installation of koreader on kobo aura hd.
Lovely work. Screenshots and everything!

@giorgio Could this be attached to the 1st post?
Advert
Old 11-20-2013, 07:45 AM   #816
giorgio130
Time Waster
giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo and Aura HD
Quote:
Allright. So I have 3 positions for changes:
  1. lines 27&28
  2. Lines 33&34
  3. line 324

This generates as set of 8 possibilities. Could I leave line 324 as you added to it, reducing the set to 4? Can I leave lines 27&28 as they are, reducing the exercise to 1 try?
leave 324, change 33&34; if it does work, then perfect, otherwise swap also 27&28. It's only 2 possibilities since the other 2 we already know not to work! There could be something else involved, but let's fix x and y first.
giorgio130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 08:43 AM   #817
xping
Connoisseur
xping has learned how to read e-booksxping has learned how to read e-booksxping has learned how to read e-booksxping has learned how to read e-booksxping has learned how to read e-booksxping has learned how to read e-booksxping has learned how to read e-books

Device: kobo aura hd, kobo mini, Sony prs-t3
Talking Installing koreader on aura hd

Quote:
Lovely work. Screenshots and everything!

@giorgio Could this be attached to the 1st post?
Feel free to use it as you like and to post it where needed.

Glad to be useful to someone

Thx
xping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 04:50 PM   #818
Markismus
Guru

The vertical seems fixed with swapping lines 33&34. The horizontal is still swapped: left is right.

Selection of books is now reasonable. Page movement or selection of submenu's is still problematic.
Old 11-21-2013, 11:12 PM   #819
jshzh
Addict
jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Pocketbook 602 Pro, Kobo Aura HD, LG G Pad III
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Maltby View Post
Is it really "in standby"? Is there no response to poking the screen? A working suspend for Koreader has been somewhat elusive.

Luck;
Ken

Yes. I just noticed that after using the switch to set the HD to "standby" the only difference is the light is off. If I poke the screen, I can still do whatever I want except that the light does come back automatically. I guess that makes the option of turning off the device in Koreader really helpful if a working suspend is not coming sooner.

I am thinking to get a magnetic cover/case, does that help Koreader really stand by?

Last edited by jshzh; 11-21-2013 at 11:37 PM.
jshzh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 05:20 PM   #820
Vandry
Vandry is a glorious beacon of lightVandry is a glorious beacon of lightVandry is a glorious beacon of lightVandry is a glorious beacon of lightVandry is a glorious beacon of lightVandry is a glorious beacon of lightVandry is a glorious beacon of lightVandry is a glorious beacon of lightVandry is a glorious beacon of lightVandry is a glorious beacon of lightVandry is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kobo Aura
I've tested the latest build here. My feedback: it works, but to select an item in the upper left of the screen I have to tap near the bottom right.

Then I have tried Giorgio's latest commit and now it works perfectly!Thank you so much Giorgio!
Vandry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 08:07 PM   #821
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
@Vandry;
I take it you are talking about the fix for the new Mark5 Aura, not the Koreader suspend issue. Great to hear that Giorgio's done it again! As soon as we have it working from a nightly build, I'll update my install post. This is really a pretty fast response to a change in hardware, especially for a third party software effort. Don't often see anything like this from most commercial software support. Given the timing, I don't think it could already be in the 637 build. I hope we can see some good testing and results posted here for the next build on the new Aura.

@jshzh;

I once had suspend working on my AuraHD, by setting the "Standby..." message display time to 0 from 1. That, and some other factor, made it so the message never appeared and the screen did a full page refresh, then it actually went into suspend mode with the touchscreen inactive. It was great because I could "freeze" a page display, without the message in the way, and handle the device with no accidental change to the page displayed. But, some good things certainly do come to an end, I hope we get it back some day though.

Luck;
Ken

Last edited by Ken Maltby; 11-22-2013 at 08:18 PM.
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 06:25 AM   #822
Markismus
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vandry View Post
now it works perfectly!Thank you so much Giorgio!
I agree! Great work.

Now I can finally test whether my new Aura is good enough or whether I have to return it for an Aura HD.
Old 11-23-2013, 08:38 AM   #823
serdar0020
Zealot
serdar0020 can extract oil from cheeseserdar0020 can extract oil from cheeseserdar0020 can extract oil from cheeseserdar0020 can extract oil from cheeseserdar0020 can extract oil from cheeseserdar0020 can extract oil from cheeseserdar0020 can extract oil from cheeseserdar0020 can extract oil from cheeseserdar0020 can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kobo Aura One limited ed. 2017-32 GB + Kobo Clara 2E 2022
I love you guys, I've just been able to open a huge pdf in ko-reader (build 641) on my new kobo aura
serdar0020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 02:54 AM   #824
serdar0020
Zealot
serdar0020 can extract oil from cheeseserdar0020 can extract oil from cheeseserdar0020 can extract oil from cheeseserdar0020 can extract oil from cheeseserdar0020 can extract oil from cheeseserdar0020 can extract oil from cheeseserdar0020 can extract oil from cheeseserdar0020 can extract oil from cheeseserdar0020 can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kobo Aura One limited ed. 2017-32 GB + Kobo Clara 2E 2022
I've been experimenting a bit more with my 700 page pdf, I couldn't open koreader with build 649, so I switched back to build 641, and the easiest reading mode for me is "manual page crop, scroll mode on, reflow off". (it would be nice if a future release could make visible, when clicking on the next page, the last line of the preceding page) Since the pdf is already OCR'd, I still miss the "reflowed text" mode of the repligo reader which allowed you to read the pdf like an epub. (and, as has been remarked before, no exit function yet, you have to reboot - I'm on FW 2.10)

Last edited by serdar0020; 11-28-2013 at 01:45 AM.
serdar0020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 04:37 AM   #825
richzz777
richzz777 began at the beginning.

Device: kobo aura hd
koreader not available with 3.0.1 !
richzz777 is offline   Reply With Quote