Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 09-10-2013, 10:55 PM   #1
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Tır
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
Post pal - COMMAND LINE Calendar thingy (requires KTERM)

pal is a command-line calendar program for Unix/Linux systems that can keep track of events. It has similarities with the Unix cal command, the more complex GNU gcal program, and the calendar program distributed with the BSDs.

Features:
  • A cal-like calendar that highlights days that have events.
  • Assign different colors to different types of events.
  • Search events with regular expressions (-s).
  • Includes calendars for US holidays, Christian holidays, world holidays, historical events and more.
  • One-time events and a variety of recurring events are supported (daily, weekly, monthly, yearly). Recurring events can have start and end dates.
  • Easy-to-use interface for interactively adding/editing/deleting events (-m).
  • Automated deletion of old events (-x).
  • Option to generate an HTML calendar (--html) (example).
  • Option to generate a LaTeX calendar suitable for printing (--latex) (source, example).

http://palcal.sourceforge.net/

http://manpages.ubuntu.com/manpages/...an1/pal.1.html

It also does birthdays... Yeah birthdays.. huh. birthdays... hint hint.
Enjoy the thingy.

TO RUN IT TYPE ./pal in kterm
or ./pal -h to see the options.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Selection_617.png
Views:	349
Size:	90.8 KB
ID:	110791  

Last edited by twobob; 09-13-2013 at 11:26 PM. Reason: Fixed the wandering bind mount, fixed the silly ! error
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 11:00 PM   #2
brianinmaine
Evangelist
brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Touch (5.3.7)
Quote:
Originally Posted by twobob View Post
birthdays... hint hint.

A VERY Happy Birthday to you!
brianinmaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-10-2013, 11:01 PM   #3
twobob
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks Brian.

Now I put all this rdesktop junk behind me I'm gonna get back on with my FRONTER project.
Old 09-10-2013, 11:13 PM   #4
brianinmaine
Evangelist
brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:

Easy-to-use interface for interactively adding/editing/deleting events (-m).

Option to generate an HTML calendar (--html) (example).
I doubt if I would really use this, but MAYBE if I had leafpad to do the editing, and have it display an html page in the default browser? I probably won't bother with it, but it could be helpful for some.

Thanks for all the hard work you do here!
Old 09-10-2013, 11:28 PM   #5
twobob

It was just my way of announcing my birthday.

It's full of fun events actually if you edit /mnt/us/extensions/pal/etc/pal.conf

Quote:
Blah....

# united states holidays and other events
#file_hide us.pal (red)

# christian events
#file_hide christian.pal (magenta)

# historical events
#file_hide history.pal

# holidays in various countries
#file world.pal

# births/deaths
file_hide birth-death.pal (white)

# computer-related events
# file_hide computer.pal

# music events
#file_hide music.pal

# australian events
#file_hide australia.pal

# lord of the rings events
#file lotr.pal

# pagan events
#file pagan.pal

..... blah
and stick in some of those "pre-mades" by removing the #'s

(for example it is bilbo + frodos BD in 3 days FWIW )

Last edited by twobob; 09-10-2013 at 11:36 PM.
Advert
Old 09-11-2013, 12:28 AM   #6
brianinmaine
Evangelist

Quote:
uh - I had to uncomment the last 3 lines of 'check-pal' to make it work like this. default just had me at at the kterm folder directory, where I would have had to cd to ../../pal/ to run ./pal

also, it scrolls all the stuff off the screen. I'll have to see about the html calendar option.

also, did you have trouble with it disconnecting your kindle? I had to reboot twice now to reconnect after running this?

Last edited by brianinmaine; 09-11-2013 at 12:32 AM.
Old 09-11-2013, 12:45 AM   #7
twobob

hmm.. no nothing like that.

it's a tiny tiny app that runs via kterm. weird.

I'll test more tomorrow but it has like NO networking impact that I can think of...
Old 09-11-2013, 12:49 AM   #8
brianinmaine
Evangelist

Quote:
hmm.. no nothing like that.

it's a tiny tiny app that runs via kterm. weird.

I'll test more tomorrow but it has like NO networking impact that I can think of...
I thought maybe the bind mount or something? I'll keep testing also..
Old 09-11-2013, 01:19 AM   #9
twobob

okay... so yeah. scrolling stuff of the screen... just swipe the screen up

the amount of junk it prints is configurable.

I've raised a github bug with baf about Kterms PATH handling.
I'll fix up the extension to HAVE the last 3 lines in for now... (in the morrow) DONE

Heroicism.

EDIT: Okay I see what you mean about the bind mount. Took down the top bundle.
will research

Last edited by twobob; 09-11-2013 at 03:06 AM.
Old 09-11-2013, 03:39 AM   #10
twobob

bind mount had an errant path.

all fixed. Thanks Brian.

Last edited by twobob; 09-11-2013 at 05:59 AM. Reason: s/a/an
Old 09-11-2013, 03:55 AM   #11
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
Ha! Merry Christmas... happy easter... happy birthday twobob!

ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 04:55 AM   #12
thomass
Wizard
thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 5.3.7
Quote:
It also does birthdays... Yeah birthdays.. huh. birthdays...
Happy birthday
thomass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 12:21 AM   #13
nasser
Evangelist
nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many..
belated birthday wishes, twobob..

on my PW, some issue with pal.. says "Can't find file.."

screenshot attached..
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	pal_screenshot.png
Views:	289
Size:	33.6 KB
ID:	110884  
nasser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 12:26 PM   #14
twobob

and... is the file there?
Old 09-12-2013, 12:50 PM   #15
nasser
Evangelist
nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many..
it's there.. visible in the ls -l output..
nasser is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
calendar, kterm, kual, pal