Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 12-04-2010, 01:28 PM   #1
prophet
prophet began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 3
News / periodicals date on the kindle

Thank you for this wonderful news download feature!

It seems though that kindle 3 sets the date of the periodical to when it was downloaded to the kindle. Is there any way to get it to use date sent info? My problem is that sometimes I don't open my kindle everyday so when I do open it, it downloads, for example, today and yesterday's paper; but I think kindle downloads oldest first and I get yesterday's paper on my kindle home screen and today's paper in the Periodicals: Back Issues collection. I think the problem is that both of them are marked with the date when they were downloaded instead of date sent?

Am I missing some setting here either in Calibre or the Kindle?

Thanks in advance for the help!
prophet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 02:44 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Not that I'm aware of, but perhaps someone more familiar with Kindles could comment.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-04-2010, 04:24 PM   #3
janvanmaar
Addict
janvanmaar has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.janvanmaar has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.janvanmaar has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.janvanmaar has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.janvanmaar has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle 3G, Samsung SIII
I am not aware of a way to change the date either. I have solved a similar problem by enabling SSH server on the Kindle and sending the news to it directly (not via Amazon). That way one can send only the latest issue at any time (+ the name is not mangled as it is when it goes through Amazon)
BTW I even contacted Amazon customer service because of the issue. I usually ignore customer services if possible but I had heard some nice rumours about Amazon CS - just to find out that it is as bad as any other customer service. Their attitude is best described by words 'Be polite without being useful'. I don't think you can count on them to fix it anytime soon...
janvanmaar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 06:05 PM   #4
prophet
prophet began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 3
thanks for the confirmation anyway. Thanks again for calibre!
prophet is offline   Reply With Quote