Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 10-11-2010, 06:38 AM   #1
hellraiser06
Yaabbaa dabba doo
hellraiser06 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!hellraiser06 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!hellraiser06 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!hellraiser06 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!hellraiser06 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!hellraiser06 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!hellraiser06 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!hellraiser06 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!hellraiser06 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!hellraiser06 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!hellraiser06 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: Kindle Touch wifi, Kindle 3 Wifi, Asus Transformer TF101
Comics on Kindle 3

Hello,

Can somebody suggest me some programs that I can use to convert my comics to be readable on Kindle 3. I tried Calibre but it makes the comics fonts too small to read as it leaves a lot of margin (a good 1 - 1.5 inch) on the device. Is there a hidden setting somewhere that I can use to have the margins cut.

I am going to try canti today, when I get home. Lets see how it goes. But, guys please keep the suggestions pouring till then.
hellraiser06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 08:41 AM   #2
curstpriest
Confused
curstpriest shares his or her toyscurstpriest shares his or her toyscurstpriest shares his or her toyscurstpriest shares his or her toyscurstpriest shares his or her toyscurstpriest shares his or her toyscurstpriest shares his or her toyscurstpriest shares his or her toyscurstpriest shares his or her toyscurstpriest shares his or her toyscurstpriest shares his or her toys

Device: Kindle DXG
I convert them to pdfs and that works amazingly well, but then again I have a DX and i can read a page at a time (2 page spreads would suck though)

I use acrobat to convert.
rename CBR/CBZ to .zip, extract with winrar or whatever you use.
Open acrobat, and do create PDF from multiple files.
Now you can crop the margins if you want.
You can also chose to scale the images (I suggest you scale the document's width down to your kindlele horizontal width when lengthwise, so you can turn it sideways if something is hard to read, without loss of quality)

Example, JPEG in comic is 2048x1536, kindle screen is 800x600, but it can also be 600x800, so scale the image to (?) x 800, it will calculate the other value for you. I think this is correct, it's late/early and I'm tired. Just make the native resolution of the comic the same as your kindle's when it's rotated so it won't be pixilated/zoomed.

PDF reader has some shading/nonwhite gray effects but its not too bad

Comics are just archived jpegs so... there isn't that much you can do with them really.
curstpriest is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-11-2010, 08:43 AM   #3
jozicka
Connoisseur
jozicka doesn't litterjozicka doesn't litter

Device: notebook
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=75628
jozicka is offline   Reply With Quote