Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 12-01-2009, 05:44 PM   #1
Moejoe
Banned
Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: Coffin
One of the Many Reasons I Don't Watch TV

Starting soon, the chubbiest martial-arts action star in the world comes to A&E in all new REALITY show based on REALITY that's REAL and not staged, but a REALLY REAL REALITY show (that's REAL).

Steven Seagal - LAWMAN

This is how Rome must have been near to the end of that empire collapsing (I bet they had a Stevus Seagalus Maximus).

EDIT: Could a Mod change the thread title. I don't know what a 'Reasoin' is, but I don't like the sound of it

Last edited by Moejoe; 12-01-2009 at 06:05 PM.
Moejoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 06:47 PM   #2
Verencat
Wizard
Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.

Device: xxx
WOAH! I want to watch this and laugh for hours after!!!!!!!
Verencat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 07:01 PM   #3
Greg Anos
Grand Sorcerer
Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook
Quick, where are my Alexei Sayles reruns!
Greg Anos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 07:25 PM   #4
Moejoe
Banned
Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph Sir Edward View Post
Quick, where are my Alexei Sayles reruns!

Damn that was my nickname in school Maybe it was that I looked like him, or maybe it was this song:

"Who's an ugly bastard and as fat as he can be?"

Old 12-01-2009, 08:09 PM   #5
Moejoe
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verencat View Post
WOAH! I want to watch this and laugh for hours after!!!!!!!

This is one of the reasons I own a collection of Steven Seagal movies so that whenever life gets me down, I can pop in a DVD of him and laugh my ass off
Old 12-03-2009, 12:49 PM   #6
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
"Breaking news! Today all of Hollywood mourns the untimely death of Steven Segal. Mr Segal perished in a tragic wet paper bag acting scene in his latest movie."
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 01:35 PM   #7
rhadin
Literacy = Understanding
rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook, Nook Tablet
Segal is not my reason fro not watching TV, but these days he would be a good enough reason.

However, I have to admit there are a couple of his earlier movies that I liked and own on DVD, and do admit to occasionally watching. The original Under Siege with Tommie Lee Jones as evil incarnate is not bad (would have been better without the "love" interest -- a lothario Segal is definitely not!!!!). I also liked The Glimmer Man.

But if I want to watch action movies from the old days, nothing beats the old Clint Eastwood westerns and Dirty Harry series. Eastwood has the coldest eyes, the eyes I would expect on a nerveless killer.

But TV -- what a wasteland. I haven't watched a TV program in years. Occasionally I play a DVD, but not TV (excluding exceptional things like the presidential debates last year, which I did watch). The last really great TV series IMHO was the BBC's Rumpole of the Bailey.
rhadin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 02:35 PM   #8
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
he was on The View yesterday (yeah I know, I'm pathetic). he has the personality and sparkle of a pet rock
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 02:52 PM   #9
ravenne
Wizard
ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, PocketBook 360°, Cybook Gen3, iPad mini
This series looks like a whole lot of fun! Too bad I'm sitting in the middle of Germany and cannot watch it!!
ravenne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 03:08 PM   #10
yen10
yen10 began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moejoe View Post
This is one of the reasons I own a collection of Steven Seagal movies so that whenever life gets me down, I can pop in a DVD of him and laugh my ass off
Ha! I have a Chuck Norris collection.
yen10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 03:29 PM   #11
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
Chuck rates MUCH higher on the evolutionary scale than Seagal
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 04:50 PM   #12
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhadin View Post

But TV -- what a wasteland. I haven't watched a TV program in years. Occasionally I play a DVD, but not TV (excluding exceptional things like the presidential debates last year, which I did watch). The last really great TV series IMHO was the BBC's Rumpole of the Bailey.

True true true.

However, if you aren't watching the Nat'l Geographic, Military, History, PBS, Science and Food channels, you are missing a LOT.

I will admit to a shameful addiction to Law and Order, both the Original and CI......
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 04:52 PM   #13
Bilbo1967
Not scared!
Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 10, Huawei M5 10
I'd also put in a vote for 'Life' (David Attenborough) - especially in HD.
Bilbo1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 05:01 PM   #14
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilbo1967 View Post
I'd also put in a vote for 'Life' (David Attenborough) - especially in HD.
OH yeah.........
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 06:28 PM   #15
Moejoe
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravenne View Post
This series looks like a whole lot of fun! Too bad I'm sitting in the middle of Germany and cannot watch it!!

I'm sitting in England, but I'll be downloading this as soon as it hits the web Then I will immediately book myself a padded room for the duration of not less than one week