Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 06-22-2010, 07:10 PM   #1
Stinger
Asha'man
Stinger has learned how to read e-booksStinger has learned how to read e-booksStinger has learned how to read e-booksStinger has learned how to read e-booksStinger has learned how to read e-booksStinger has learned how to read e-booksStinger has learned how to read e-books

Device: Kobo
Uninstall problem?

I don't know if it's necessary to uninstall previous versions of Sigil before installing the new ones, but I've been doing so anyway, for good measure (and since there are no settings or anything to really lose).

I've noticed that with the two most recent versions, the uninstaller froze on the "Cleaning up install registry..." phase.

I'm running Win7 x86 Ultimate.

Anyway, is this an isolated issue on my side? A (un)known bug? something else?

EDIT: I was able to uninstall 0.2.3 without the above freeze occurring. After which I tried installing and uninstalling both 0.2.2 and 0.2.1 and the freeze didn't happen this time. Were there any changes done to the uninstaller in the latest version that might influence this somehow? like removing a troublesome reg key the other versions stuck on? Not really important, I guess, I'm just curious.

Last edited by Stinger; 06-22-2010 at 07:20 PM.
Stinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 07:28 PM   #2
Valloric
Created Sigil, FlightCrew
Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinger View Post
Were there any changes done to the uninstaller in the latest version that might influence this somehow? like removing a troublesome reg key the other versions stuck on? Not really important, I guess, I'm just curious.
The installers haven't changed in ages.

On a related note, I'll be switching from InstallJammer to BitRock soon, since IJ development has either stalled or is progressing far too slowly. It's been almost a year since the last release, and that's just too long. I've been waiting for the fixes in IJ 1.3 since forever.
Valloric is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert