Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 06-09-2010, 06:00 AM   #1
Serif
metempsychosis
Serif began at the beginning.

Device: number 9, number 9...
302 USB host mode, or: WOW!

WOW means: in case you have more than one reader (one of which is, of course, a 302), or you have an USB key, try to connect them to your 302 via USB cable, like you would do to with a computer. Surprise! Their files turn up in the Books menu of your 302 as an external memory (there's also an appropriate icon.

It's not a reader. It's a Swiss knife! Thank you warmly to the developers
Serif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 07:29 AM   #2
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360°
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serif View Post
WOW means: in case you have more than one reader (one of which is, of course, a 302), or you have an USB key, try to connect them to your 302 via USB cable, like you would do to with a computer. Surprise! Their files turn up in the Books menu of your 302 as an external memory (there's also an appropriate icon.

It's not a reader. It's a Swiss knife! Thank you warmly to the developers
Yep, my favorite feature, too. I have a LaCie portable harddisk full of books, ya know!
mtravellerh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-09-2010, 09:18 AM   #3
rogue_librarian
Guru
rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Basic 613
That's the one feature that's missing from the 360. I need neither Wifi nor Touchscreen, but to be able to plug in a USB key would be nice.

Last edited by rogue_librarian; 06-09-2010 at 04:58 PM.
rogue_librarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 03:56 PM   #4
brainycat
PocketBook 302 FTW!
brainycat has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.brainycat has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.brainycat has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.brainycat has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Pocketbook 302, upgraded from PRS-600
Still curious if 'host mode' is supposed to include HID compatibility, eg keyboards. I did plug a keyboard into it, put Scribble into "text input" mode and no joy. I don't recall if I fiddled with the USB settings at all.

Unfortunately, there's just so much to do with this reader besides read books
brainycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 11:52 PM   #5
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360°
Quote:
Originally Posted by brainycat View Post
Still curious if 'host mode' is supposed to include HID compatibility, eg keyboards. I did plug a keyboard into it, put Scribble into "text input" mode and no joy. I don't recall if I fiddled with the USB settings at all.

Unfortunately, there's just so much to do with this reader besides read books
We will offer a bluetooth keyboard soon. We are just putting the finishing touches on a text software.
mtravellerh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-10-2010, 05:35 AM   #6
Serif
metempsychosis
Serif began at the beginning.

Device: number 9, number 9...
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtravellerh View Post
We will offer a bluetooth keyboard soon. We are just putting the finishing touches on a text software.
Impressive, most impressive.
Serif is offline   Reply With Quote