Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 09-11-2009, 04:30 PM   #1
demoric
Kindle 2 User
demoric has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.demoric has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.demoric has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.demoric has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.demoric has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle 2
fictionwise multi-format... except .mobi

A month ago I purchased 9 books from fictionwise. 6 books were multi-format kindle compatible .mobi files. I read the Monster Series by David Wellington and was getting ready to start reading the Bloodscream sereies by Robert W. Walker when to my suprise all I can view is a single page showing a copyright notice and a url for books to fictionwise.

I re-downloaded the books, and again it was the same. I then decided to try the .prc files and they worked fine. The .mobi files had extra metadata that the .prc files don't. The .prc files have no cover and no table of contents. I have contacted fictionwise and await their response.

I just thought I'd share this problem and temporary work around for anyone else who may have the same problem.
demoric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 04:50 PM   #2
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Let us know what they say.

For me Multiformat stuff has been real hit or miss. Some of it is formatted great and some of it isn't nice at all.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-12-2009, 10:11 AM   #3
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
I had a similar experience with multi-format books from Fictionwise (Colin Cotterill mysteries) - no TOC, no cover, publishing data run on into the start of the book - looks very amateurishly done - I've seen better pirated books.
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 09:17 AM   #4
demoric
Kindle 2 User
demoric has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.demoric has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.demoric has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.demoric has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.demoric has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Well I'm guessing that fictionwise's policy must be "We have your money so we're done with you." because I have still yet to receive any answer from them.
Old 10-02-2009, 12:05 PM   #5
demoric
Kindle 2 User

Well they contacted be a couple of days ago saying it was fixed and to re-download. 1 out of 3 books were corrected. I have replied stating the oversight on the other 2 books.

Fictionwise seems slow, but they are getting things fixed so they have won back my future purchases. I just wonder when they'll fix the other two.
Advert