Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 02-21-2013, 01:29 AM   #421
heatherlynn
Connoisseur
heatherlynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.heatherlynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.heatherlynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.heatherlynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.heatherlynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.heatherlynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.heatherlynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.heatherlynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.heatherlynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.heatherlynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.heatherlynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
ahhh i can't sleep! my pw is like 30 minutes from my house sitting at the facility and it makes me want to drive there and go get it lol

really wishing i would have kept it registered initially just to see the batch number and then quick de-register it after. there is no way to register it at this point right?
heatherlynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 01:42 AM   #422
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by heatherlynn View Post
ahhh i can't sleep! my pw is like 30 minutes from my house sitting at the facility and it makes me want to drive there and go get it lol

really wishing i would have kept it registered initially just to see the batch number and then quick de-register it after. there is no way to register it at this point right?
You could call Kindle support and ask them. I'm sure at this time of night they got nothing better to do.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-21-2013, 02:08 AM   #423
Joy736
Addict
Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:

You really can't tell anything from a batch number though. Blossom has a perfect 503 and mine was horrible. I have a perfect 603 now, but others have returned their 603s. I really hope you get a good one.

Last edited by Joy736; 02-21-2013 at 04:40 AM.
Joy736 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 04:38 AM   #424
Yolina
Wizard
Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosie-Posie View Post
my paperwhite was just shipped
I saw on Amazon that it is batch 604, hope it doesn't have that grey line on the top
does anyone else have a PW from batch 604?
The replacement I received a few weeks ago for the murky, blotchy pink-and-green 502 they originally sent me is a 604 and is ok but batch numbers don't seem to mean much in terms of quality
Yolina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 04:40 AM   #425
drewh
Connoisseur
drewh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drewh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drewh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drewh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drewh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drewh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drewh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drewh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drewh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drewh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drewh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yolina View Post
The replacement I received a few weeks ago for the murky, blotchy 502 is a 604 and is ok but batch numbers don't seem to mean much in terms of quality
Hi Yolina - ok interesting the replacement was a 604. 503 is a fair way back .. was a bit surprised mine was that. Obviously some replacements are 'fresh off the press' and others have been stocked there (though aren't all replacements actually refurbs? what that means exactly is questionable too).
drewh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-21-2013, 07:28 AM   #426
Rosie-Posie
Rosie-Posie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rosie-Posie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rosie-Posie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rosie-Posie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rosie-Posie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rosie-Posie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rosie-Posie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rosie-Posie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rosie-Posie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rosie-Posie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rosie-Posie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I think they only send refurbished kindles to U.S. customers. Correct me if I'm wrong.

and thanks for the info Yolina
Rosie-Posie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 09:03 AM   #427
NullNix
Guru
NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3, Kindle Oasis 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
Smart. I forgot to do that when I bought mine from my hubby's account. (He has Prime) when I registered the PW to my account the foreign dictionaries did not transfer over.
It doesn't necessarily help. I bought a paperwhite for myself *not* as a gift, sent to my mother's where I'd be at Christmas. The paperwhite arrived registered to me, all right, but it showed on *her* manage your kindle page (!) and the insurance paperwork for the third-party insurance turned up in her name (!!).

It's clear that, as with everything Amazon, the apparent tight connections that ensure that e.g. only kindles belonging to you actually show up on the myk page are in fact not tight at all. Amazon employees have long said that the company's software is held together with baling wire, string, and prayer, and the more I use their stuff the clearer this gets. (Now their *user interfaces*, *those* they pay attention to. But the underlying code is often pretty awful.)
NullNix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 10:37 AM   #428
sparklemotion
dangerous when cornered
sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O, Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joy736 View Post
You really can't tell anything from a batch number though. Blossom has a perfect 503 and mine was horrible. I have a perfect 603 now, but others have returned their 603s. I really hope you get a good one.
After having PW's from a lot of different batches, I agree the batch number doesn't mean anything. I had a newer batch number, 602 I think it was, and it was awful, lots of color hues so I sent it back. I kept a 502 that is really good.
sparklemotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 12:47 PM   #429
heatherlynn
Connoisseur
heatherlynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.heatherlynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.heatherlynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.heatherlynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.heatherlynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.heatherlynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.heatherlynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.heatherlynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.heatherlynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.heatherlynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.heatherlynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

just got it and it's a good screen as far as lighting goes. i would be perfectly happy with this one except it has a very big, bright white pixel in the middle of the screen sooo i guess it's going back

and it's batch 604 for what it's worth
Old 02-21-2013, 01:10 PM   #430
sparklemotion
dangerous when cornered
sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
just got it and it's a good screen as far as lighting goes. i would be perfectly happy with this one except it has a very big, bright white pixel in the middle of the screen sooo i guess it's going back

and it's batch 604 for what it's worth
I'm sorry to hear that. FWIW, you may want to return it for a refund stating it's defective and then order another one rather than exchange it. For whatever reason, they often send out refurbished units for the PW rather than new ones, even if you're within 30 days. Good luck with your next one.
Old 02-21-2013, 01:21 PM   #431
Iznogood
Guru
Iznogood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iznogood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iznogood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iznogood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iznogood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iznogood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iznogood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iznogood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iznogood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iznogood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iznogood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ipad, kindle paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yolina View Post
The replacement I received a few weeks ago for the murky, blotchy pink-and-green 502 they originally sent me is a 604 and is ok but batch numbers don't seem to mean much in terms of quality
Quote:
Originally Posted by drewh View Post
Hi Yolina - ok interesting the replacement was a 604. 503 is a fair way back .. was a bit surprised mine was that. Obviously some replacements are 'fresh off the press' and others have been stocked there (though aren't all replacements actually refurbs? what that means exactly is questionable too).
Am I the only one to get associations to the way one speaks about vintages of good wine when I read the comments in this thread?
Iznogood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 01:29 PM   #432
heatherlynn
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparklemotion View Post
I'm sorry to hear that. FWIW, you may want to return it for a refund stating it's defective and then order another one rather than exchange it. For whatever reason, they often send out refurbished units for the PW rather than new ones, even if you're within 30 days. Good luck with your next one.
i wish i would have read this before, it's already done :/ but if they send me a refurbished unit, those usually go through some more tests so this is me crossing my fingers. if i do get the refurbished unit and it's bad as well, can i get a refund for that one and then be able to order another one? or did i just mess up completely
Old 02-21-2013, 01:38 PM   #433
sparklemotion
dangerous when cornered

Quote:
i wish i would have read this before, it's already done :/ but if they send me a refurbished unit, those usually go through some more tests so this is me crossing my fingers. if i do get the refurbished unit and it's bad as well, can i get a refund for that one and then be able to order another one? or did i just mess up completely
No worries, if that one is bad too, you can easily get a full refund. And who knows, it may be a good one. Let us know how it goes. Good luck!
Old 02-21-2013, 01:40 PM   #434
sparklemotion
dangerous when cornered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iznogood View Post
Am I the only one to get associations to the way one speaks about vintages of good wine when I read the comments in this thread?
Not anymore you're not. Too funny.
Old 02-21-2013, 01:50 PM   #435
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
I wouldn't worry if it's refurbished or not. At this point one with a good screen that works is all that matters. The bright white pixel in the middle is a known issue. We don't know what causes them but sometimes I get dust on mine and see the same thing till I wipe it off so my guess it's dust that got under the glass during manufacturing.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote