Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 02-19-2011, 06:00 PM   #1
apastuszak
Evangelist
apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, nook Glowlight Plus, Apple iPad Air 2
Downloading metadata not working

Is anyone else currently having a problem downloading metadata?
apastuszak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 06:27 PM   #2
CWatkinsNash
IOC Chief Archivist
CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Meebook M7, Paperwhite 2021, Fire HD 8+, Fire HD 10+, Lenovo Tab P12
I am, but I couldn't tell if it was a calibre issue or something at the target sites (google or isbndb). The reason I was thinking it might be the target sites is because it's mostly been affecting books w/out ISBN numbers. Few retailers put an ISBN number in the metadata, and the ones that do are inconsistent. I can usually get the ISBN by downloading the metadata, but now those books are the ones that are timing out, stalling, or just taking a very long time when I do get a result. I've been able to get most of them if I try a few times, but it really is taking forever.

Books with ISBN numbers get results pretty quickly, no change there. In fact, for some of them I went to Amazon, grabbed the ISBN, then downloaded the rest of the metadata.

I first noticed it last night when I finally got around to updating the free classics I got from B&N the other day, and then today I was working on some files I downloaded from the library here at MR. I'm using 0.7.46 on Vista.
CWatkinsNash is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-20-2011, 08:04 AM   #3
chunga668
chunga668 began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
Vista x64 here.
Metadata download seems extremely slow since updating to 7.46
It doesn't seem to be affected by anything like ISBN or anything (as mentioned above)
Thanks!
chunga668 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 12:23 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
The slowness is caused by a typo in the amazon plugin (which can also occassionaly cause cover/comments download from amazon to fail). That will be fixed in the next release.

EDIT: Actually I was wrong, the slowdown is caused by the Kent District Library website (used to get series information) being very slow. Disable the plugin for that and your speeds should be back to normal. The website probably cannot handle the load all calibre users put on it, I guess the plugin will have to be disabled in the next release. Sigh.

Last edited by kovidgoyal; 02-20-2011 at 12:49 PM.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 01:42 PM   #5
chunga668
chunga668 began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
Yup, disabling the Kent plugin worked for me.
In fact, I think it feels faster than ever now.
Thanks again for the assist!
chunga668 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert