Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 12-20-2010, 08:08 PM   #1
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
PRS-650 + Plugboards = too many collections

I am only using Calibre to transfer content to my 650. After setting up my plugboards and moving the books to the reader I still get a million collections based on the tags.

Do I need to delete all tags before transferring to the Sony (my Kindle ignores them, so they aren't a problem for it)? Is there something I should add to the plugboard to get it to ignore tags or is there a tweak in Calibre I should be using.

This is the template I am using. I should have only created 7 collections but I have many more.

device_db:PRS505 = ([{series:|| }{series_index:0>2s|[|] - }{title}] -> title)
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 08:14 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
go to preferences->plugins->device interface plugins and customize the sony plugin to not generate collections from tags.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-20-2010, 08:19 PM   #3
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
go to preferences->plugins->device interface plugins and customize the sony plugin to not generate collections from tags.
Thank you Kovid!

EDIT: Yep, that worked! Thanks again.

Last edited by daffy4u; 12-20-2010 at 08:55 PM.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote